• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 1, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 1, 2017
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Explores the Anonymous Uprising Attempt to Initiate ET Contact

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We’ve just begun to add podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free eBook offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a visit with entrepreneur Sean Correia, who is involved in a venture known as Anonymous Uprising, which is currently running a crowd-sourcing program to raise funds to attempt ET contact. During this episode, Sean will provide details of this project, which is preparing to launch the world’s first open source, constantly refined, extraterrestrial contact protocols. Sean Correia is the Owner of Phalanx Security Group, or PSG, which provides security services to domestic clients. He’s also Senior Partner of Phalanx Ventures, which deploys the services of multiple subject matter experts and analysts who can help companies substantiate their value proposition to the marketplace.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Anonymous Uprising: Click here to support Anonymous UPRISING by Sean Patrick Correia

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on January 1, 2017: After the interview with Sean Correia on The Paracast, talking about his Anonymous Uprising project to raise a million dollars to attempt to initiate contact with ET, Gene and Chris are left with loads of questions. Just who is Sean Correia anyway? He seems to be one of those people who enter the UFO field with grandiose ideas, who lack any background in the subject or solid plans to accomplish something. Chris explains why it set off alarm bells — and why his ears “zoned out.” Chris compares him to disclosure lobbyist Stephen Bassett, someone who also came into the field from out of nowhere. Gene and Chris also discuss the forthcoming appearance on The Paracast of researcher Erica Lukes, and the role of women in Ufology.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

It Was a Very Strange Year — or Not
By Gene Steinberg

I’m writing this article on December 31, 2016, so some of the assumptions I’m going to make may be premature. If they are, I will post an addendum with the corrections.

But I don’t think that’ll be necessary.

So some had hope earlier in the year that the next President of the United States might actually have a serious interest in disclosing the truth about UFOs. But not really, because even if Hillary Clinton had been elected, the chances that she’d make an effort to find out what was going out would be little to none. Donald Trump is a wild card. I don’t even think he was asked, but I suppose it’s possible that someone who claimed to be working against the system might be persuaded to look into it.

Is anyone asking?

Obviously the hopes and dreams of disclosure advocates that President Obama would take the wraps off UFO knowledge in 2016 didn’t come to pass. But after hearing cries of wolf every year, it’s hard to take any of it seriously. We don’t even know for sure if any Earth government has guilty knowledge on the subject, except, perhaps, that UFOs don’t seem to present a security threat to Earth people.

It’s a sure thing that there wasn’t any noticeable progress by civilian researchers in figuring out what was really going on. The major UFO clubs, such as MUFON, still post sightings and are advocating for the ETH (extraterrestrial hypothesis). Collecting rather than seeking answers is a convenient way to avoid real research, and don’t forget to renew your membership.

In 2015, the Roswell Slides debacle merely served to discourage some people from bothering with Ufology. Still, I suppose some people are still talking about it, but that may be more about sour grapes. The speculation that it could possibly have something to do with the Roswell episode had no basis whatever, but it’s difficult or impossible to discourage true believers.

The ongoing disputes among researchers continued with the usual nasty consequences. Faced with a possible threat — later denied — that his real identity might be revealed, researcher Isaac Koi decided it was time to throw in the towel. In his real life, he said, he was a barrister in the UK, and he felt that his career might be hurt if he used his real name.

In recent years, Koi had been working to post digital versions of vintage UFO magazines — until he was forced to leave the field.

More disturbing was the suggestion from some that people should always use their real names in the UFO field. People are entitled to their privacy, and so long as they aren’t doing anything illegal, or engaging in behavior that may otherwise harm other people, they are entitled to their privacy. Let’s leave it at that. The rest is too exhausting to consider.

Now when it comes to proposed ventures to do some hard investigation of UFOs and other paranormal phenomena, it’s a mixed bag. Our own Chris O’Brien says he’s close to getting his San Luis Valley Camera Project fully outfitted and ready to stream pictures online. When that happens, we’ll post a link so you can see for yourself what’s happening in that famous hot spot of unusual activity.

This coming year, the CubeSat, a tiny satellite equipped to detect possible UFO activity, is slated to go into low-Earth orbit. Whether it has a chance to succeed is a huge question mark. After all, it’s limited to a single surveillance mechanism. Assuming there’s something to detect, it might require a network of many satellites, and why not have such devices Earth-based? It would cost far less, and have a greater chance to succeed. After all, most UFOs are witnessed within the Earth’s atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there’s not much new to report about UFODATA, yet another project to set up a network of UFO detectors. In 2015 we featured two of the people behind the project on The Paracast, investigative journalist Leslie Kean, and Dr. Mark Rodeghier, the scientific director and president of the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies. Several updates have been posted, but there hasn’t been a lot of movement to actually firm up designs and make plans to build these devices. But that’s the way it always seems to go in the UFO field.

I can only hope that the latter two promising projects don’t end up in the trash heap of failed ideas.

Meanwhile, kudos to long-time UFO researcher and writer Kevin D. Randle, who continues to look back at older cases to verify facts and original references and see if they still hold up in the 21st century.

He also published the results of a new look into the most famous UFO case of all in “Roswell in the 21st Century.” This book is the result of a project that originally involved several researchers, but Randle ended up making it happen all by himself. The game plan was to treat the story as a cold case and examine, anew, evidence that has been gathered for over 30 years.

After reviewing all the evidence, it appears that he has found that the Roswell crash is less than it used to be in terms of proof that it involved a spaceship. It’s not that he now accepts the conclusion that it was a Mogul balloon or some other conventional object. But he no longer accepts the claim that the corpses of aliens were found in the crash wreckage, and he is evidently less sure that it involved a spaceship, although he still regards the case unexplained.

Now I only have the summaries and reviews of the book, and plan to read it soon. I also hope Randle will return to The Paracast for an update, but it may take a while since he is also hosting a radio show these days.

To me, Roswell has always been a troublesome case, because the very first witnesses weren’t interviewed by researchers until 30 years after the event. Memories faded, and were certainly altered by news events and popular culture. So there was a lot of clutter to strip from the core case. Alleged death-bed confessions, and claims that the Roswell wreckage had been reverse-engineered and used as the basis for such inventions as printed circuits and night vision goggles, only complicated matters.

Even if Randle hasn’t actually solved the Roswell case, what he is doing, going against the conventional wisdom in the UFO field, represents a real act of courage. Authors and lecturers who have made a living from touting Roswell lore may have to rethink their positions. Let’s hope they are able to look past the temptations that result from fame and fortune and act on the side of intellectual honesty.

In case you’re wondering, I’m inclined to consider the possibility of a test aircraft that crashed, and the security surrounding the episode was what you’d expect under the circumstances. The twin stories, first a flying saucer, second a balloon, might have been designed to deflect attention from the real cause. I doubt anyone could have predicted, in 1947, what might happen when the Roswell case was “rediscovered” 30 years later.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Excellent newsletter Gene and agree on Roswell maybe its was two advance technology crashing in a horrid mishap very plausible indeed if so god bless those test pilots .

Last edited:
I have been in touch with Kevin Randle, and he'll be back on The Paracast soon to talk about that book. I am reading it now (got a PDF copy).

Back