• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 25, 2010

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays from The Paracast to You!

The Paracast Explores the Legends and Reality of the Men in Black

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM (Central Time) on the GCN radio network.

The Paracast Humbly Requests Your Holiday Donations: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough, and we don't want to overwhelm the show with them, so we hope you'll be willing to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, right below our logo. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

You Can Now Order The Official Paracast T-Shirt: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and a collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt, just pay a visit to our new online store at Welcome to The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We now also offer a lineup of other premium merchandise featuring The Paracast logo.

Sunday, December 27, 2010: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast hosts interview long-time researchers in the field, to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join us as we explore the realms of the known and unknown, and hear great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Co-hosts Christopher O’Brien and Greg Bishop join Gene to conduct a special “In Search of the Men in Black” roundtable. Are the MIB real government agents, jokesters, psychic beings, or alien visitors? Along for the ride are Tim “Mr. UFO” Beckley, Claudia Cunningham, and T. Allen Greenfield.

Christopher O'Brien's Site: Home - Our Strange Planet

Greg Bishop's Site: UFOMystic Greg Bishop

Tim Beckley's Site: Conspiracy Journal - Unfair and Unbalanced!

Allen Greenfield's Site: Assembly of the Knowledge and Wisdom of Solomon

Reminder: Don't forget to visit our always-active Discussion Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal (and note our new Internet address): The Paracast Community Forums.

The Endless Disclosure Pipedream
By Gene Steinberg

There’s a certain movement in the UFO field that constantly reminds us that disclosure – the admission by governments (particularly the U.S government) that UFOs are real and extraterrestrial – is just around the corner. Only the distance from here to that corner seems to grow substantially with every proclamation.

So you hear that President Obama is readying a statement on the subject, but that statement mysteriously is never made. Maybe he up to his neck with more mundane affairs, such as negotiating with Republicans and getting bills passed, not to mention fighting a war in Afghanistan.

Now you’d think that the revelation that we’re being visited by intelligent creatures from other worlds would be far and away the most important story of the ages. Nothing could possibly come close, particularly if we are in direct contact with ET, or we know they are real and represent technology way in advance of Earthly science’s greatest marvels.

Consider the impact: Many industries, particularly those involved in energy production and/or research, might be rendered obsolete overnight. The potential impact to religions that assert that humans are God’s most advanced species is incalculable. At the very least, religious leaders will have to expand their visions of the cosmos to encompass ET in its various and sundry forms, although it’s fair to say some are trying to do that now.

Most serious is the fact that, on Earth at any rate, when an advanced civilization meets up with one that is presumed to be more primitive, the former somehow manages to subvert or simply destroy the latter. This may not be their intent, but things tend to work out that way.

So the awareness of higher intelligences poking themselves into our affairs is apt to be one tremendous story, and if governments know the truth, they will be decidedly reluctant to spill the beans. That is, unless external events somehow force a decision. But since there’s no evidence of an imminent alien attack, or even a landing on the White House lawn, I suppose they can bide their time.

On the other hand, as I suggested in a previous commentary, it is foolish to believe that we can actually comprehend alien logic. Their very appearance, if not overtly humanoid, might be frightening to us. Imagine trying to have an intelligent conversation with a giant centipede, or wasp? Even an intelligent being that resembles one of the more bizarre creatures of the sea would be a difficult pill to swallow. Perhaps Carl Sagan had it right in “Contact,” where ET must masquerade its true appearance, so we could accept their reality

That also means that what we perceive as UFOs, and the beings that are occasionally seen in their vicinity, are nothing more than holograms designed to divert our attention, or hide their true appearance and, perhaps, motivations. All of these activities may also just be play-acting for our benefit, as ET enjoys hearty laughs at our expense.

Today, they abduct a few foolish Earthlings, tomorrow they land in some backyards or isolated fields and leave “trace evidence,” and the next day they flit about the skies over power plants and military installations, hoping to force a few cat and mouse games with the indigenous military. Yes, maybe Earth is one huge amusement park that various species in our galaxy visit for fun and frolic at our expense.

If that were true, however, all those contactee-inspired and Exopolitics movements would end up looking utterly foolish. How could we take any of them seriously? On the other hand, when have they actually predicted any event that came true? No excuses, no double-speak accepted.

In the end, we might be waiting and waiting for disclosure, but the truth may not be something we can handle. Or maybe the truth is that we aren’t meant to know, although we are being taken on a thrilling ride of discovery to an unknown destination.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2010 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Gene:exclamation:
I love the Paracast and mostly because you are so inciteful asking the right questions to guide the conversations to pertinent information. I am 60 yrs old and remember listening to long john nebel and enjoy the references to him and his show also.
I wander the internet looking for paracast type programs but always come back to you because very little information is given. Keep up the good work and know i am listening.
Please consider letting people pay for mp3 files without the gcn commercials...they wear me out!

Oh yea i enjoy your newsletter too!:redface:

Gene:exclamation:
I love the Paracast and mostly because you are so inciteful asking the right questions to guide the conversations to pertinent information. I am 60 yrs old and remember listening to long john nebel and enjoy the references to him and his show also.
I wander the internet looking for paracast type programs but always come back to you because very little information is given. Keep up the good work and know i am listening.
Please consider letting people pay for mp3 files without the gcn commercials...they wear me out!

Oh yea i enjoy your newsletter too!:redface:

It's not up to us to consider. They want their spots as part of the contract, paid or otherwise. :)

Back