• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 10, 2014

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 10, 2014
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Explores the History of UFO Research with Don Berliner

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. Or use the Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. You can also send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present long-time UFO investigator Don Berliner. His books include "Crash at Corona," written with Stanton Friedman and, with Antonio Huneeus, "UFO Briefing Document: The Best Available Evidence." Berliner has, according to his bio, written 300 magazine articles and 25 books on aviation history and space, and also worked as a staff writer for NICAP back in the 1960s. He has a wealth of solid information to deliver about the UFO mystery, and he'll also be answering listener questions.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

The UFO Smoking Gun
By Gene Steinberg

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love to tell you that I’ve found the final solution to the UFO mystery, and we can all get back to having a life. But that’s not the case, despite endless efforts from dedicated UFO researchers over the years.

True, some claim to have absolute final proof, the smoking gun, confirming UFO reality. But not just the reality of the strange craft in our skies, but evidence that they are really and truly alien visitors from another star system, the sort of evidence mainstream science couldn’t deny.

But when you try to look over this evidence, it’s never quite there.

There are those, for example, who claim to have been abducted or otherwise have had close encounters with possible alien beings. The experiences are surely compelling, sometimes frightening, particularly when they involve being kidnapped in their own bedrooms or on an old, dark country road. It’s a sure thing that something did happen, and abduction researchers report remarkable consistencies among the stories — even when you factor in details they generally withhold from public consumption — so it’s clear they had one or more extremely weird experiences.

But where’s the solid proof of such experiences? Implants? The test results are usually debatable as representing an advanced technology. They really need to be subjected to further analysis for second or third opinions.

Let’s not forget those so-called “traditional” UFO contacts, involving meetings with, at times, silver-suited humans who claim to be here to protect us from war and environmental damage. But they usually lack any evidence. When evidence is presented, usually in the form of photographs that purport to show the craft in which the aliens arrived, that evidence is pathetic, clearly faked. The claims of George Adamski were one key example. In another, contactee Howard Menger presented UFO photos that merely copied the craft that took off in the classic 1951 sci-fi movie, “The Day the Earth Stood Still.”

Setting alleged contacts aside, most UFO evidence is in the category of being almost, but not quite there. There are photos that do not appear to be faked, but they seldom have enough detail to demonstrate conclusively that you are seeing an advanced alien spaceship. There’s also trace evidence purportedly left when UFOs landed, and a few people who came up close to such craft became ill, possibly as the result of some form of radiation poisoning. The Cash-Landrum and Rendlesham cases from 1980 come to mind.

Still, we really don’t know all that much about the craft that they encountered, though it’s surely mysterious. Some might suggest such encounters were the result of early experiments with nuclear propulsion by our own scientists that were abandoned because the aircraft put out too much radiation.

I haven’t even begun to mention the simultaneous visual/radar sightings, close-up daylight sightings where all the details were clearly visible, and instances where the close presence of a UFO disabled electrical systems in cars, trucks, radios and so on.

That’s before you consider the Roswell UFO crash, where something clearly happened. Yet we still don’t quite have a handle on all the ramifications or where the evidence really lies.

Overall, we are surely seeing solid craft, capable of evading our fastest aircraft, sometimes inhabited by visible beings, usually of small stature.

It may be true that 95% of all the reported sightings have conventional explanations, although the original report from the Air Force’s Project Blue Book achieved a far lower level of success. But even if there was a single genuine UFO sighting, one with significant detail that could not be explained as anything conventional, there would be a real UFO mystery left to be solved.

So what’s the answer? Are we being visited by one or more advanced races from somewhere else in our galaxy? Are they, instead, inter-dimensional visitors from a parallel universe, or from our own future? What about a secret civilization inhabited by advanced beings on our own planet? Do they evade detection by occupying caves or undersea bases? Do they make deals with our own governments to remain under the radar?

And if they are truly so advanced, why not come forward and take over? It wouldn’t be the first time an advanced civilization supplanted a more primitive culture, even if only by accident.

There’s also the ancient astronaut theory, that we were visited long ago by aliens who influenced the direction of our own Earthly cultures. We remember them in sacred texts as gods, but they were physical beings far ahead of us in technology, and we merely interpreted their presence in terms of our own more limited understanding. It’s also possible that the Adam & Eve legend is more about humans having been created as the result of some sort of genetic manipulation on the part of higher beings.

So “they” are here to monitor our progress as a civilization, with the expectation that they will reveal themselves en masse when we are ready. But that’s a moving target, and you wonder why, with all our tribal wars and ongoing environmental damage, they wouldn’t intervene now to set is straight. Supposedly contacting a few people, people who have no influence whatever, hardly serves any logical purpose. Or maybe they are just tricking us?

I wouldn’t presume to consider all the theories, such as the one that we do interact with an unknown phenomenon, but we continue to interpret those interactions in accordance with our own culture. So the gods of ancient times are the spaceships of the 20th and 21st centuries.

It’s also convenient to pass off the solution to governments, assuming they know the answers but choose to keep the secret for reasons known only to themselves. You can speculate about the possibilities, including an alien/human arrangement to withhold the truth until the right time is at hand. Perhaps the gradual revelation that scientists have discovered the possible existence of Earth-type, “M,” or “goldilocks” planets in the galaxy is part of the plan to reveal that we are now being visited.

At the end of the day, though, the final proof isn’t there. It always seems tantalizingly close, if we only had a little bit more evidence here, a little more there before we have the final answers about what is going on.

But the search for the “smoking gun” remains a moving target. Sometimes I wonder if that’s part of “their” plan. Or it may be that we aren’t meant to know the answers, that it’s all part of our evolution, but we still have to keep searching.

Copyright 1999-2014 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

I'd say that the abduction account of Travis Walton, witnessed by his co-workers, is rather impressive as a smoking gun.

Certainly testimony from multiple eyewitnesses is compelling, but where's the physical evidence? I'm just looking at how mainstream scientists would consider the case.

Many years ago it was the Cash-Landrum case that got me interested in the UFO topic. That was my smoking gun and I believed that what the ladies witnessed was a craft from another planet/dimension/universe. I was fascinated by descriptions of the diamond shaped craft & deeply disturbed by the physical effects on the environment and experienced by the witnesses. The burns they suffered were real and the event changed all of their lives. Over the years I have heard possible explanations for the sighting suggesting it may have been a military test aircraft under duress. Perhaps powered by an exotic propulsion system. I cannot ignore that possibility. My point being that prosaic explanations have been introduced for almost every smoking gun case you can name. For some reason this does not take away my interest in the field.

Many years ago it was the Cash-Landrum case that got me interested in the UFO topic. That was my smoking gun and I believed that what the ladies witnessed was a craft from another planet/dimension/universe. I was fascinated by descriptions of the diamond shaped craft & deeply disturbed by the physical effects on the environment and experienced by the witnesses. The burns they suffered were real and the event changed all of their lives. Over the years I have heard possible explanations for the sighting suggesting it may have been a military test aircraft under duress. Perhaps powered by an exotic propulsion system. I cannot ignore that possibility. My point being that prosaic explanations have been introduced for almost every smoking gun case you can name. For some reason this does not take away my interest in the field.
Check out Mulder's Poster in the X-Files. :)

I think ET's have been here already, and they may be here now too! :D

Can I prove it??? LOL LOL LOL KKKKKKKK>....

Nice summing up Gene.

Some Bluebook case's are compelling, experts who studied them couldnt quite be 100% definitive,however working on the case's turned them from skeptic's to believer's, that in itself should tell us something.

And so it goes for lots of people. But that's a long way from mainstream acceptance, particularly in the scientific community.

It seems to me that 'the scientific community' as a whole has made itself irrelevant for the purpose of discerning the nature of ufo phenomena, not having undertaken a serious investigation of them in 65 years. 'Mainstream acceptance' also machts nichts as I see it, given that most people do not invest time in reading ufo history and research (and that you can find a lot of nonsense accepted in other subject matters by the majority).

Back