• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ye olde video of UFO in Mexico City on Aug 9, 1997

W

Woody Sideman

Hi all

I appreciate that this is a very old chessnut. I also appreciate that the authenticity of this video has been questioned and is now widely regarded as a hoax. However, my copy of the original footage ( 4.4Mb in .mov format ) is now corrupt. I would very much like to have a copy of this video and would appreciate it being emailed to me as an attachment, if any of you good personss here have a copy of the original.

Woody

Hi jritzmann

This is very thoughtful of you, and much appreciated on my part. I have to admit that I posted here for this clip because I had hoped that David Biedny might have a copy of it stashed away (given his background).

Personally, I'm not that sure about the 'hoax' thing. Admittedly, the fact that there was a video company at that location is a bit dubious, but why would anybody create such a hoax and then make it so easy to find out. It just seems a bit odd to me.

Woody

Hi-
Well getting into the video, there's an overabundance of information pointing to a CG composite hoax, namely in the way of poor camera matching. When you see it in an alpha mask version, it's VERY apparent. One of the things I'm most proud in in the way of what I've done in the UFO research field was being the first to analyze and report on radio that the video was a composite. About 6 months later, Dr. Macabbee said the same. (what took so long I dont know) I also found that the soundtrack as also post inserted.

One also has to take into account this was put forth by Jaime Maussan, who as much as some dont wish to hear it, has been promoting alot of cases that were ultimately found to be hoaxed. Maussan claimed this footage has been thoroughly analyzed. I certainly dont say he's directly involved, but obviously he doesnt very thoroughly screen his evidence before pushing it out to the public.

Hi Jeff

You say -

JR> there's an overabundance of information pointing to a CG composite
JR> hoax, namely in the way of poor camera matching.

Frankly, I havn't a clue what a CG composite is, or what you mean by this. You also
say -

JR> When you see it in an alpha mask version, it's VERY apparent

Again, I don't know what an alpha mask is, nor do I care. There's a wealth of
information about how/why this video is a hoax at -

http://www.temporaldoorway.com/ufo/analysis/mexicanvideo/index.htm

but there's no copy of the original video. Having waded through all the text at the
quoted page, it all seems to be very ?in house? within the UFO community, as far as I am concerned. All I want is a copy of the the ufomex6aug.mov file that I downloaded from Japan in late 1997. The fact that you may have been part of the group of people that have come to the conclusion that it is a hoax is not why I posted here. Quite frankly, I didn't know you had anything to do with it.

The main reason why I asked for it here was because I had read that David Biedny
had been involved with special effects. It seemed to me that there might be a
possibility that he would have had a copy of the video, simply because of the
curiousity value.

Y?know, I don't want to make a big deal about this. I just find it VERY, VERY, odd
that this has disappeared. It is simply not possible to get a copy of it.
It's not that I want a copy of it so that I can start ranting and raving about conspiracy, or cover-up, or anything of that nature. I just find it to be an interesting video. As far as I'm concerned, the most interesting thing about it is the last few frames, when the saucer starts emerging from behind the tall building and then seems to disappear.

BTW, I found your story to be interesting when you were interviewed on the show.

Woody

Woody,

Sad to say, I don't have a clean copy of that footage.

I have to agree with Jeff here, having seen the footage and going over all the analysis, it does indeed look to be a fairly decent - though not perfect - CG composite. This term refers to Computer Graphics, as in the notion that the saucer is generated artifically, in 3D modeling, rendering and animation, and subsequently composited into live action footage of the buildings. The relative lack of first-person witnesses to this claimed episode, as well as the anonynouse nature of the video source, makes the whole situation highly suspect. And when I read that the same people involved with the Meier hoax are part of the official "analysis team", well, that makes the whole thing a major stinker, IMO. Unlike others, I happen to think that Jaime Maussan is an interesting character, and while he's been involved with some questionable cases, he's also been on top of some truly compelling situations, such as the rather disturbing incident documented here:

I have a LOT of thoughts about THAT particular video, which we'll explore it in a future Paracast episode.

Hi David

Thanks for the input. I do understand that nobody would really want to post a hoax on their own page. He/she would be leaving themselves open to all sorts of hoaxer accusations by the great paranoia hysteria people.

Okay, it's not available. I suppose this tread should be turned into a wee dog (y'know, wee dogs, for some reason, decide to sneak off and hide when it's time for them to die).

The link to the video you posted is disturbing. Life, after all, is not a piece of cake.

Woody

David and Woody-
There actually was a claimed number of witnesses, in fact nearly 100 claimed by Maussan.

None of those "witnesses" called or came forward until the video was broadcast on nationwide TV. Go figure.

Back