• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why I'm Interested

Walking Short

Paranormal Maven
In 1958 I was 10 years old. My Mom and Dad played cards every Fri. or Sat. night with our neighbors and best friends. One night I overheard my neighbor say ( I will paraphrase because I cant quote exactly) 'I need to tell you something that is kind of weighing on me. Last week at work I was setting up my camera before sun up and this silver looking saucer thing came down and landed in the desert nearby.'

The conversation hushed somewhat and I heard my Dad ask, "What did you do?" He replied, 'I turned my camera towards it until it took off and flew straight out of sight. He also said, 'They cancelled the launch and the boss came and took my camera.' The conversation at that point became muted but I remember the voice of my neighbor cracking when he tried to talk.

The neighbor was a contactor for LandAir Corp. and filmed missile launches at White Sands Missile Range in N.M. We lived in Alamogordo about 12 miles from Holloman AFB and 30 miles from the WSMR. 10 years after my neighbor died his wife told me that it had really affected him. She said that every year for 20 years or so he would get in contact with his work partner and reminisce with him on the anniversary of the event. Growing up there, you would see stories about ufo sightings in the area with the big one being the Lonnie Zamora case in 1964.

In early summer of 1966 I observed what I thought was a shooting star. Only difference being it's yellow appearance and a short tail of shooting sparks. Just before I thought it would hit the ground, It stopped and hovered for a few seconds then reversed course and returned to the atmosphere on a trajectory almost identical to its approach. The whole thing was probably no longer than 14-15 seconds.

I realized that it had stopped directly above the observatory at Sun Spot, N.M. which is approximately 22 miles from our home as the crow flies. It is identifiable by a white round dome and antenna on top of the mountain. lastly, in the fall of that year I was in navy boot camp in San Diego. I had the top bunk next to the second story window at the end of the barracks. I awoke one night with what people will have you believe is sleep paralysis. At first I could only move my eyes and

I was petrified. Outside I could see a whitish blue light lighting the landscape. It would brighten and dim in perfect sync with a low to high humming noise. The pitch was highest when the light was brightest. I couldn't hear a sound in the barracks but some how I remembered that there was a man on watch and knew that every 5-6 minutes he should walk by my rack. I began a slow count down of the minutes but the last thing I remember is thinking, "Its been five minutes, I think I am going to be ok."

Last edited by a moderator:
One night I overheard my neighbor say ( I will paraphrase because I cant quote exactly) 'I need to tell you something that is kind of weighing on me. Last week at work I was setting up my camera before sun up and this silver looking saucer thing came down and landed in the desert nearby.'

The conversation hushed somewhat and I heard my Dad ask, "What did you do?" He replied, 'I turned my camera towards it until it took off and flew straight out of sight. He also said, 'They cancelled the launch and the boss came and took my camera.'

So it appears the phenomenon was interfering with missile launches, just like in another case--Woomera Australia IIRC?

So it appears the phenomenon was interfering with missile launches, just like in another case--Woomera Australia IIRC?
You are right, finally had time to look into Woomera. Some interesting things during the early years that are similar to both places even though they are half a world apart.

The reason why find the flying objects-'fast tracks' -Ufos -Uaps have made the top echelon wake up. Also having seen the data it changes your outlook about this planet. Paracast has kept the outlook grounded as the field has been muddy be horseshit material pushed by fraudsters. The events with unknowns (grounded term) that have had history in the area makes you wake up this phenomenon needs more science investigation. While leading Science investigators such as Stan who was the front man in the UFO field . Scholar Paul Dean has excellent blog and great interviews with grounded research on UAPs subject. Also' MJTwelve' was real the fact the name was a misdirection. However, U.S.A.F Gen N. Twining wrote a important memo on the group and its real-name- its existence -this was offical document -not some placed 'archive document' from the four who worked to wreck (assignments) the scholary research of flying saucers investgations. Just bought Scholar Ross Coulthart book looks very grounded and the 'Fast Trackers' not 'Fast Walkers' that's USOs. The sightings of flying saucers wave (before Westall Case) in 1964 in Australia as reported by credible eyewitness in the near location between two National Forrest and the classic hoovering over cattle paddocks and observables of shooting 'Beams' over land marks . M.O. of isolated areas and targets of opportunity and local first nation people information they been active way longer than 1940s .

Last edited:
Post a link!
There is no particular link. Knowing what I have read and heard about WSMR by living there, I googled Woomera and in various entries I saw a lot of similarities of things going on at each place during those early years. I thought this was just a forum for stating your experiences. I didn't realize it would start a discussion. I will refrain from posting in the future. Sorry

There is no particular link. Knowing what I have read and heard about WSMR by living there, I googled Woomera and in various entries I saw a lot of similarities of things going on at each place during those early years. I thought this was just a forum for stating your experiences. I didn't realize it would start a discussion. I will refrain from posting in the future. Sorry
No need to apologize and certainly nothing wrong with starting a discussion ( That's what a discussion forum is for ). The reason I suggested a link is because it's helpful when someone who knows something about a subject can point readers who don't to information about it. It doesn't take long. Thanks for bringing this to our attention ?

Back