• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why can't I edit my own posts/threads?

Glad we got some extended time to edit back, but this post involves an annoying situation where after a while editing starts to stall and it takes several seconds for the cursor to catch up. This makes editing any post that is longer than a paragraph or two very tedious. Posting and revising or adding content eliminates the problem for a while, but then it comes back. I never used to have this problem and don't know what changed to cause it to start happening. I don't think it's my PC or connection, but I'm not ruling out some kind of virus or hack on my system, or in the flow of data someplace. I've done system virus scans and cleaned out anything they found, but who knows? Or maybe it's something in the latest XenForo release or update. Anyone else having the same problem?

Not for me. I haven't heard of any complaints about a problem of this sort. In saying that, there's a major XF update coming out in the next few weeks — a beta version is undergoing test now. We did also update the software in mid-July, but I've not noticed any significant changes.

I cannot delete or edit this post, Cattle Mutilations: A More Balanced Perspective | Page 3 | The Paracast Community Forums

The post it was a reply to was deleted, now it just looks like a reply to the post above, when infact it was agree-ance with the deleted rebuttal, and not the now new nonesense above.
You can edit or delete a post up to one day after it was posted. This change was made to stop abuse of the system, where members, a very few, would systematically go and delete their entire posting history without any reason other than to confuse matters.

I didnt notice the other post had gone Gene, i just remembered replying, ''exactly'' to a rebuttal i agreed with.

Now that rebuttal has gone will you please delete that post for me Gene ta.

Back