• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

When BigFoot Is Found, Will It Be The Next Endangered Species?

Atrayo

Skilled Investigator
Hello All,

When the remains or a live speciman of a bigfoot is ever located / captured. What will that mean for the longevity of the species as another form of primate?

Drawing the analogy of the mountain guerilla in Africa that was discovered by the West in the 1920's. Today the mountain guerilla is near extinct with a population of perhaps a couple thousand if not less. Albeit bigfoot sightings have been global so their various breeds could number higher than that of the guerillas.

I can predict knowing the intentions of humanity that bigfoots will be the new safari game when known how to locate. Be it in the boonies or in a "canned safari" for a yuppie hunter.

It may be safer for this primate species that humanity doesn't ever locate them. Since we lack a sufficient set of humane treatment for any animals that fall into the cryptozoology classification.

Will they be found, most likely yes. As humanity continues to encroach into the wilderness for development or resource harvesting. Including additional sets of technology that are yet to be discovered and implentmented.

Bigfoot in the USA would be protected more so than any other animal I think. There's already steep penalties in certain states for shooting one. 50,000 or 500,000 dollar fine if I remember correctly. And/or some major jail time. BF is too human-like and is considered near murder throughout certain parts of the world. In some places it could get very nasty however, but I reason the stink the rest of the nations would make about hunting them would be so severe it would jeopardize any industry that partakes in profit off their slaughter.

Hello Mindsky,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the US may be one of the few nations in the world that BF may find some sort of a legal sanctuary. But in other continents like: Asia, Africa, and Latin America their legal systems are rift with corruption. So much like a person that can afford to maintain an exotic pet like a tiger or what not. Will come people who will want a nice and cute baby bigfoot as a primate pet until it grows up.

I also predict that the entertianment IP brand of "Planet of the Apes" will make a strong resurgence amongest consumers. When they are rediscovered by the mainstream world.

Than there could be scenarios where a group of ignorant hunters, whether legal or not. Wants the next best hunt of their life being another primate versus it being a person. Lo and behold the hunt back fires on the hunters and several are slaughtered, basically wearing their rifles as necklaces. The mob mentality of destroying the monsters will surge. Be it by local law enforcement or other hunters to vindicate their dead. Much like how a black bear or alligator is killed when it is too close to residential human activties.

It doesn't bode very well for Bigfoot breeds in assuming they can be domesticated to a point. Since they may seem near human or meta-human in their genetic make-up. For science and for overall conservation it will of course be a plus, but at what cost?

Back