• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's your favorite Paracast commercial?

TalkingMeatSuit

Paranormal Maven
Lately I'm enjoying the Alex Jones commercial for a gold selling company.

"..this Federal Reserve fiat currency could go the way of the Deutschmark in the Weimar Republic any time! In these historically dangerous times..."

His intense tone and general fear mongering during the hard sell in the commercial crack me up every time. Droppin' the ol' Deutschmark / Weimar Republic mention like it's some everyday topic haha.

What commercial do you enjoy? (if there was a such thing as enjoying a commercial)

I think one of the best of all time has to be the Squatty Potty commercial. I just found it hilarious that someone would actually think to market what is basically a small stool you put your feet up on while taking a dump.

Other than that, all of the nutball "Obama is coming for your guns and if you pay us we'll tell you how to hide them" commercials crack me up every time I hear them.

Well, if there is even a theoretical need for a product, somebody will try to answer that need.

Sure, but that doesn't make it any less hilarious, and given that we haven't heard that commercial in quite a bit I'm guessing that it didn't set the world of bowel movement enthusiasts (or whoever that thing was marketed to) on fire, who would've thought? :p

Not to mention that need can easily be filled by going to your local hardware stare and buying a small plastic stool for a couple of bucks, I don't think there was a demand for a specific product to address that particular theoretical need.

Last edited:
We run 3 minutes of our own ads per hourly segment (totaling 52 min in the downloadable version). That's ours, and they are reasonably sane in the scheme of things as ads go. Most are freebies or trade-outs, however. And we aren't reimbursed for all those network ads (which is why we keep the donation links up. :) )

We run 3 minutes of our own ads per hourly segment (totaling 52 min in the downloadable version). That's ours, and they are reasonably sane in the scheme of things as ads go. Most are freebies or trade-outs, however. And we aren't reimbursed for all those network ads (which is why we keep the donation links up. :) )

Gene, we know that, you aren't being attacked here and I'm not questioning your ad scheme or how much money you make or don't make, this is just a bit of fun.:) Don't be so serious all of the time:p

I just wondered if you guys sometimes receive some free product as that's not unheard of in the realm of radio advertising.

Just wanted to make sure people know the score about those network ads, that's all.

As to getting products and services in exchange for ads, yes that happens sometimes.

Just wanted to make sure people know the score about those network ads, that's all.

As to getting products and services in exchange for ads, yes that happens sometimes.

That's cool, can you think of anything that you've received that made a big impression on you, either because it was better or worse than you anticipated? I understand if you don't want to answer because you don't want to potentially upset your advertisers.

Lately I'm enjoying the Alex Jones commercial for a gold selling company.

"..this Federal Reserve fiat currency could go the way of the Deutschmark in the Weimar Republic any time! In these historically dangerous times..."

His intense tone and general fear mongering during the hard sell in the commercial crack me up every time. Droppin' the ol' Deutschmark / Weimar Republic mention like it's some everyday topic haha.

What commercial do you enjoy? (if there was a such thing as enjoying a commercial)

Favorite ad.., is there such a thing? If so, I would nominate, for best GCN ad, “The Power Plucker.” Here’s the video version. If they only offered an accessory for turkey..., bummer.

I don't think I've ever heard the ad for the Power Plucker on the Paracast, but it's still pretty damn hilarious. Seems like a really dangerous way to go about plucking a chicken, you could lose a finger or at least get some bruises brushing up against that thing I'm guessing.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy some heirloom seeds. these seeds sound valuable and if "they" are going to the trouble of shutting down the poor guys website to stop him from selling them then the seeds MUST be a good value.

LMAO

It's funny to me how many ads involve some kind of goofy conspiracy, though I guess I should expect that from GCN, which should stand for Government Conspiracy Network. Maybe it does, I'm actually not sure what it stands for.

I have a feeling this is going to wind up being an epic thread, can't wait to hear about more of these silly commercials that I missed or simply glossed over.

And while I'm on the subject, who are these "they" people anyhow? It would seem that whoever they are, they want to shut down websites, take our guns and seeds, keep Timothy green beckley from publishing his newsletter and tend communicate to us with fancy pictograms in crop fields. :confused:

And while I'm on the subject, who are these "they" people anyhow? It would seem that whoever they are, they want to shut down websites, take our guns and seeds, keep Timothy green beckley from publishing his newsletter and tend communicate to us with fancy pictograms in crop fields. :confused:

"They" certainly are busy and on top of things down there in Conspiracyville, aren't they? It's a shame that "they" don't exhibit this hyper competency anywhere else, but I guess keeping seeds out of the hands of the people is an important task that requires so much hard work and devotion that it interferes with their ability to do almost anything else properly:p

Back