• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whats your favorite creature in cryptozoology?

P

Paranormalfreak101

What is your favorite cryptozoological creature? I think my favorite is the chupacabra, because it has been around for many years and is still reported today. Plus there are many theories about from which it came so....I like a good mystery. Especially when it has to do with the paranormal/supernatural universe. Keep in touch! :eek:

Check these weird creatures out! Well, the remains of them.

fantastic_specimens.jpg

the jackalope is my favorite. at least there are real specimens to examine.

The Jersey Devil, because a skinny winged creature with a horse-head just makes me laugh. Also because I like the folktale behind it. So...a baby horse-thing flew around a room, ate up little kiddies and then flew up the chimney. What a cool story!

jackalopes are the only creature mentioned where there are actual living specimans to be found.

this is an image i have been studying for quite some time. it came to me from a retired Mayo Clinic Doctor who wishes to remain anonymous. he was taking a picture of the bridge that is near where he used to live and this "thing" emerged and sat there. he snapped a shot and stepped forward to get a closer shot when the thing went back under the water and swam away leaving a small wake behind it. the water is not very deep there maybe 8-10 feet. i went to the location where the photo was taken and took measurements. this thing which looks to me like a big frog head or a mutant mudskipper was approx 3-4 feet across. it appears to have big eyes on top of its head. i believe the whole animal could have been at least 10 feet in length and that this is just the top of the things head. this photo was taken in Oronoco MN around 1999.

Attachments

• lakeshadything.jpg
    lakeshadything.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 17
Mongolian Death Worm.

It might not be real (okay, it's almost certainly not real), but the name alone is worth the price of admission.

I also have a soft spot for British "Devil Dogs", largely because the legends inspired my favourite Sherlock Holmes story, The Hound of The Baskervilles.

Paul

I think my favorite would have to be the Dover Demon. Although there are not that many sightings and reports of the creature, it is still rather interesting. I live in Massachusetts, so I think that I could probably have a chance at encountering the Dover Demon. (At least I hope so! :eek: )

I should probably say Bigfoot, but I think that they are more spiritual than "flesh and blood" creatures.

My favourite creatures that could possibly exist are:

Giant Octopodes, Cutllefish and Squid.
Giant sharks e.g Megaladon.
Giant fish
Giant snakes (50 ft + )
Giant Crocodiles
Giant Newts, Frogs and Toads
Giant Eels
Thunder Birds

Basically I like anything Giant!
But I also wonder about the opposite end of the scale for example micro sharks (like a one inch Great white ((fully grown)))

In terms of more "magical creatures" I love Mermaids and water nymphs etc, Pegasus, Unicorns, Wyrms, Dragons, Lake monsters (nessi etc).

Things I don't like are: Chupacabra, "physical Bigfoot", the Montauk monster and the Metapec creature etc.

I have a "memory" of seeing what could be described as a "Devil Dog" as a child, but I am not sure if I dreamt it or if it actually happened.

While I don't believe "physical Bigfoot" exists today, he's still my favorite because of the probability that he existed at one time. You can't really say that about several other types of creatures. At least we know the likelihood is high that modern man evolved from a species of Bigfoot, and the vast American wilderness suggests the possibility that a version of early man existed unseen from the modern world until he either became extinct or (as many I've heard day) was captured.

Nobody really knows if Bigfoot existed in the 19th Century, but it's the legitimate possibility of his existence that makes him the most interesting in my humble opinion.

While I don't believe "physical Bigfoot" exists today, he's still my favorite because of the probability that he existed at one time. You can't really say that about several other types of creatures. At least we know the likelihood is high that modern man evolved from a species of Bigfoot, and the vast American wilderness suggests the possibility that a version of early man existed unseen from the modern world until he either became extinct or (as many I've heard day) was captured.

Nobody really knows if Bigfoot existed in the 19th Century, but it's the legitimate possibility of his existence that makes him the most interesting in my humble opinion.

I have always been a fan of metaphysical bigfoot.

I Love You,
Gene Lionberg

Back