• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's Inside the UFO?

Burnt State

Paranormal Adept
I'm endlessly fascinated by the minute details of up close UFO encounters especially when witnesses get a chance to peak inside and see the gear. The Falcon Lake Incident describes the interior as if it was lit up like a Christmas tree with bright, multi-coloured lights, laser beams crossing each other, panels and screens. The 1950 Botta incident also describes screens, lights, panels, curved surfaces, along with three dead aliens. Everyone's familiar with the pull down screen with the star map from Betty and Barney's 1960's styled classroom. It seems that frequently what is reported are things we'd expect to see from the era of the witness.

Sometimes we get the unexpected, like a nice clean griddle to cook pancakes on. But most often, from the reports I could find, the interior is most frequently a very clean space, no bathroom reading materials, hairbrushes or shoes lying around. Instead what gets reported is a fairly antiseptic environment with lights coming from unknown spaces (like in dreams where you hardly ever see lights in the room you are standing in). Only Travis Walton seems to have a description of some kind of seamless star screen planetarium suggesting a truly unique technological experience, though many describe the invisible panel edges once they close, and surfaces that are stainless steel or like glass.

I'm curious to know what others have read about regarding what's inside the UFO and whether or not there is any evidence of these reports being more dreamlike than factual, where details are perhaps pulled from memory and expectation, as opposed to indications of a truly advanced technology.

UFO described by Andreasson

figs2.gif

Please keep in mind: The inside of a UFO could just as easily be a process inside of our heads induced by whatever constitutes this phenomenon. Whether it is ET or not.

Please keep in mind: The inside of a UFO could just as easily be a process inside of our heads induced by whatever constitutes this phenomenon. Whether it is ET or not.
That's the part I'm most interested in. It strikes me that most witness reports are a function of cultural expectation and previous knowledge vs. any true close encounter with an alien technology. What I wonder about is the difference between a mental process that has been altered by the nature of the encounter vs. an actual, unscrambled witness report of "real" alien technology.

I understand that it might look more like magic to us, and that's why there's a temptation to find some validity perhaps in the surreal details of abduction reports.

Exteriors of ships are almost always smooth, glass like, or steel that has no rivets or seams. But interior reports suggest that perhaps the witness is merely having an internal experience as opposed to witnessing anything with their eyes in an undistorted manner i.e. aliens frying ultra-terrestrial vegan pancakes on the griddle. But then again, everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.

I'm curious to know if, with enough data, patterns might emerge to indicate whether or not these are internal vs. external experiences.

Last edited:
I remember reading one hypothesis that it's a symbol of our prenatal life . A bit fuzzy I reckon but I doubt that we'd identify much if such a craft existed . Maybe if they had been designed with the express purpose of examining humans then I could see some familiarity but it sounds like too much of a sci-fi trope with all these engine rooms, starmaps etc. This is a fascinating aspect though .

I remember reading one hypothesis that it's a symbol of our prenatal life . A bit fuzzy I reckon but I doubt that we'd identify much if such a craft existed . Maybe if they had been designed with the express purpose of examining humans then I could see some familiarity but it sounds like too much of a sci-fi trope with all these engine rooms, starmaps etc. This is a fascinating aspect though .
I like the idea of the pre-natal symbolic experience, mother ship and all, source of our gestation etc..

The whole sci-fi trope is exactly what seems to rear itself from each of the reasonable witness accounts of actually looking inside. Someone earlier on another thread talked about people seeing a steering wheel inside an alien craft and that really fascinated me as it brought me back to the world of the airship, and Betty and Barney Hill's star map, as if dream imagery and other familiar elements are informing the "witness experience." However, the steering wheel piece came from a self-proclaimed seer and so that was discounted for me.

The frequent cleanliness, clean aesthetic design, etc. always feels like 'what we expect to see' as opposed to actually seeing something unique. Simonton's pancakes were made in a room that he described as all black, like the colour of wrought iron and wished that he had a room designed like that. That to me, is a pretty original tale.

You just don't hear enough about truly outlandish interior design, or magical technology to help get a grip on any sense of this being an actual physical experience. Then again, encounters with the otherworldly seem to have very profound effects on people causing all sorts of mental aberrations making the entire idea of interior cabin reports entirely suspect. What I like about Walton's story is that it is a continuous chain of events, has a nice touch of the bizarre and the story has remained the same since the beginning...

Burnt, have you read The Watchers series of books? They're the story of Betty Andreasson, which is where one of those diagrams that Ufology posted came from. There's plenty of interesting descriptions about the inside of the craft(s) and also some interesting descriptions of technology, everything from toys that the hybrids play with to a special chamber designed to allow humans to experience the extreme G forces of super fast space travel without, well, dying. I'm certainly not claiming that her account is true, but quite honestly, I've read a lot of abduction literature and The Watchers and The Watchers II are a couple of the most fascinating accounts I have ever read. Even if she made the whole thing up or hallucinated it, it's still fascinating. If you haven't read them, do yourself a favor and check them out, I have a feeling you'll enjoy them.

Thanks for reminding me about this case as it's a wild one. I will check out The Watchers. Details that I remember briefly about this was that it was a family affair, with her family suspended in the air and dad witnessed the aliens hopping towards the door...I like the hopping bit. Aside from "Quatermass and the Pit" can you recall any other alien witness reports where the aliens were hopping like a kangaroo would? That rings bells for me...

I think the one concern with her case is the relentless hypnosis that seemed to play quite a role in her descriptions of events.

Where it gets even more complicated is that her daughter also claims lifelong abductions that includes being taught a mystical language by alien elders. Now it's slipped into Romanek & Contactee territory simultaneously. Is it mom's doing that has awakened the Billy Meier in her daughter?

Oh I like this question :)

I think that some don't have interiors because they are just energy constructs of some intelligently controlled sort that kinda pop in from other dimensions and aren't fully material.

The physical ones that travel strictly via jumping dimensions probably are small in our world but have a cruise ship worth of space inside that resides in another dimension.

The regular nuts n bolts UFOs probably have some sparse airplane-like accommodations. IKEA looking seats, a crapper with a no smoking sign, maybe some of that laser-cored cow anus delicacy they seem to crave in lieu of peanuts.

The really huge ones are probably like the red double-decker buses they have in London - just a bunch of tourists on safari. Either that or they are a species of giant titans thus the need for big ships.

Really though - no clue. So long as I'm not being probed I'd love to find out though.

Thanks for reminding me about this case as it's a wild one. I will check out The Watchers. Details that I remember briefly about this was that it was a family affair, with her family suspended in the air and dad witnessed the aliens hopping towards the door...I like the hopping bit. Aside from "Quatermass and the Pit" can you recall any other alien witness reports where the aliens were hopping like a kangaroo would? That rings bells for me...

I think the one concern with her case is the relentless hypnosis that seemed to play quite a role in her descriptions of events.

Where it gets even more complicated is that her daughter also claims lifelong abductions that includes being taught a mystical language by alien elders. Now it's slipped into Romanek & Contactee territory simultaneously. Is it mom's doing that has awakened the Billy Meier in her daughter?

No problem, make sure you check out The Watchers II as well, it contains more information about her supposed ongoing abductions and it also talks a lot about things like NDE's and even talks about some premonitions that she supposedly had, it's a very well rounded book in terms of its coverage of different aspects of the paranormal and how they seem to intersect.

I agree with you that the hypnosis throws up some red flags and I honestly haven't read anything about the daughter that isn't contained in The Watchers series, so I don't really feel like I'm qualified to comment on that aspect of the story, though if I remember right, the mother also claimed that she was being trained by the aliens to perform some function and it involved learning their language. In all honesty, do I believe the experience she had was 100% physically real? No. However, as I said in the post above, the books still remain fascinating accounts of the power of the human subconscious. I forget which guest on the Paracast once said "The problem with abduction researchers and abductees is that they have very little respect for the power of the subconscious mind." I think it was Jeff Ritzmann, but I could be mistaken about that. Anyway, even though I don't think that she was actually repeatedly abducted by aliens, I find the story itself to be fascinating and I think you would too.

Last edited:
While reading The Watchers 2, I was a little put off when Betty's husband took over conducting the hypnosis sessions. Fowler assures the reader that he is quite capable, but still. A little digging, I found out that Betty had a falling out with her son, who then claimed that the whole thing was hoaxed for book material. Yet, there is the event witnessed by her father... So, how much of her experience is legit? Reminds me a little of Strieber, who may have had an extraordinary encounter, but keeps the ball rolling for book deals.

Back