• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
What's On Your Playlist? Simple Question. Maybe Not So Simple Answers. It doesn't have to be music. It could be a podcast, radio-play, or video.

Synchronicities:

I began to suspect synchronicities happening around a musical track called No Time To Run I recorded earlier this summer. They consist of a set of events separated by more than 30 years, recurring in a similar form this summer. Not to get into heavy detail, but the theme is about nuclear weapons, and as I began to look deeper into the issue I recently ran across the following podcast:

Last edited:
This maybe a bit much for many of you ...
Really? What would ever make you say that over 40 minutes of black metal that sounds like a concert for Satan would be too much :p ? But hey, I'm sure it has it's uses, like psychological torture for the KGB. Somebody's gotta do it. Right? The funny thing is that you'd be totally immune. They'd come back after 40 minutes expecting you to tell them where you hid the plans, and instead you'd be complaining that they turned it off before the big finale :cool: .

One of the things I've been doing is going to Jango radio and sampling the indie artists from their daily top 100, then finding them on YouTube and giving the ones I enjoy a like and a nice comment. Most are fairly vanilla and middle of the road, but it means so much to them, and is an easy way to make someone's day a little brighter.

This is my go-to band when I need a fix of death metal:

Neuraxis - Darkness Prevails

Really? What would ever make you say that over 40 minutes of black metal that sounds like a concert for Satan would be too much :p ? But hey, I'm sure it has it's uses, like psychological torture for the KGB. Somebody's gotta do it. Right? The funny thing is that you'd be totally immune. They'd come back after 40 minutes expecting you to tell them where you hid the plans, and instead you'd be complaining that they turned it off before the big finale :cool: .

One of the things I've been doing is going to Jango radio and sampling the indie artists from their daily top 100, then finding them on YouTube and giving the ones I enjoy a like and a nice comment. Most are fairly vanilla and middle of the road, but it means so much to them, and is an easy way to make someone's day a little brighter.

This is my go-to band when I need a fix of death metal:

Neuraxis - Darkness Prevails

Oh man I tell you check this out for a live show of the band I posted.........

Oh man I tell you check this out for a live show of the band I posted ...
OMG. Hellfest ( What next? ROTFL ). I'm imagining the damage a heckler with a super-soaker filled with holy water could do :p . And that crowd looks like they're having a jumping good time. After the show they'll be all inspired to go home and sacrifice some small animals. But hey ... who am I to judge what's a good time? If you're diggin' it, it's as valid here as anything else.

On the theme of visiting the dark underworld, there is something oddly compelling about this quartet ...

The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

Last edited:
OMG. Hellfest ( What next? ROTFL ). I'm imagining the damage a heckler with a super-soaker filled with holy water could do :p . And that crowd looks like they're having a jumping good time. After the show they'll be all inspired to go home and sacrifice some small animals. But hey ... who am I to judge what's a good time? If you're diggin' it, it's as valid here as anything else.

On the theme of visiting the dark underworld, there is something oddly compelling about this quartet ...

The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company

haha calssic, I have worked on a number of metal festivals over the years and the funny thing is the kids are really polite.... who would have thought.

The dead south is a fun band and I think I came across them a year or so back looking for different stuff.

haha calssic, I have worked on a number of metal festivals over the years and the funny thing is the kids are really polite.... who would have thought.
The dead south is a fun band and I think I came across them a year or so back looking for different stuff.
Personally, according to the mythology, it looks to me like the Serpent in the garden got a bad rap, and that it was rather petty of the Lord to banish all future generations of humanity to slow lingering deaths over picking a couple of pieces of fruit off his precious knowledge tree. Glad I didn't offend with my outspoken, if not controversial, sense of humor.

Last edited:
Personally, according to the mythology, it looks to me like the Serpent in the garden got a bad rap, and that it was rather petty of the Lord to banish all future generations of humanity to slow lingering deaths over picking a couple of pieces of fruit off his precious knowledge tree. Glad I didn't offend with my outspoken, if not controversial, sense of humor.

No offense from me mate I am not a Christian :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The audio quality is really rough but this is cool old footage of Boston live ...
Looks like Scholz slapped a pair of DiMarzios on his Les Paul. Man that takes me way back. What I find a bit weird though is how many recordings from those days are in black and white. That was the 70s. I remember everything was color, and had been for a long time. Or was that before I stepped through that freaking dimensional portal from a parallel universe?

Last edited:
They look like DiMarzios for sure, hard to tell as the sound on the video is really poor sadly.... As for black and whit the 70's was that odd time where black and whit TV and broadcast still existed in some places, hell New Zealand did not get colour TV until 1974 British Commonwealth Games hahaha.

On second thought the black and white stuff maybe from the monitor feed which would explain some of the low quality of it in the video... this is the feed the director and cam ops would be seeing as they film.. not normal but I have seen those lines get messed up before and end up on the beta tape when I did stuff for broadcast.

Not one for Wiki as you know but some stuff is fine...

Last edited:
They look like DiMarzios for sure, hard to tell as the sound on the video is really poor sadly.... As for black and white the 70's was that odd time where black and whit TV and broadcast still existed in some places, hell New Zealand did not get colour TV until 1974 British Commonwealth Games hahaha.

On second thought the black and white stuff maybe from the monitor feed which would explain some of the low quality of it in the video... this is the feed the director and cam ops would be seeing as they film.. not normal but I have seen those lines get messed up before and end up on the beta tape when I did stuff for broadcast.

Not one for Wiki as you know but some stuff is fine...

I think you are probably right about the monitor feed. For color TV in general, I must have just been lucky to have always had one except when I was less than 7 years old. But even still, looking back, there are other oddities about television shows, like the voices of some characters seeming to change from what I remember. My grandparents getting a color TV when I was about 7, which would have been in about 1964.

I don't remember any B&W cartoons, B&W Disney shows, B&W Star Trek episodes ( except the pilot which I saw years later ) or anything else except old reruns of Gomer Pyle or Andy Griffith in B&W. I also remember the pictures being really clear, not like the blurry stuff we often see on Youtube. But then there are the exceptions, so it's likely just timing and a combination of other mostly explainable factors.

Now back to our regular programming ...

Any Yet Another Version Of The Classic - Tubular Bells

Last edited:
Back