• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We've been on this planet for <=10,000 years

pappavis

Skilled Investigator
Anyone interested in this forum & podcast will maybe have thought about how old civilization are?

I figure that current human civilization started <=7,000 years ago. maybe even less. Why?
My guess is that Ancient civs didnt use much natural earth ore resources, or they didnt have the tech, or the need to exploit the planet as we do. Our civ is highly dependant on natural resources ssuch as gold, copper, etc etc.

We are digging up the natural resources at an astonoshing rate. So either gold/copper/whatever is formed much faster than<=7,000 years, or the ancient civs were building their space ships from stone. maybe their tech wasnt based upon electronics as we know it today?

OR

Ancient society was destroyed <=50,000 years ago in a cataclismic event, knocking us back to pre-stone age and the survivors had to make do with what they had. Eventually maybe aliens seeded some civs, and helped us along >=7k years ago. Then, ore dposits werent mined cos the ancients didnt have the tech to dig beyond 100m from the surface. Consider as recent as 200years ago before the dynamite was widely spread no real deep digging occured. Gold and ore were mined from what could be found at or on the surface of the planet.

This makes me think that our civ is very new.

So what do you think? IF there were ancient atlantian civilizations, then i figure they were no more advances than the Aztecs or other south american nations..

Anyone interested in this forum & podcast will maybe have thought about how old civilization are?

I figure that current human civilization started <=7,000 years ago. maybe even less. Why?
My guess is that Ancient civs didnt use much natural earth ore resources, or they didnt have the tech, or the need to exploit the planet as we do. Our civ is highly dependant on natural resources ssuch as gold, copper, etc etc.

We are digging up the natural resources at an astonoshing rate. So either gold/copper/whatever is formed much faster than<=7,000 years, or the ancient civs were building their space ships from stone. maybe their tech wasnt based upon electronics as we know it today?

OR

Ancient society was destroyed <=50,000 years ago in a cataclismic event, knocking us back to pre-stone age and the survivors had to make do with what they had. Eventually maybe aliens seeded some civs, and helped us along >=7k years ago. Then, ore dposits werent mined cos the ancients didnt have the tech to dig beyond 100m from the surface. Consider as recent as 200years ago before the dynamite was widely spread no real deep digging occured. Gold and ore were mined from what could be found at or on the surface of the planet.

This makes me think that our civ is very new.

So what do you think? IF there were ancient atlantian civilizations, then i figure they were no more advances than the Aztecs or other south american nations..

I think you should not think if you are not equipped for it. ;)

I, for one, have been doing some loose investigation of Cremo's work, which I find particularly interesting. The evidence that he presents makes me wonder about how long humans have actually existed. I haven't come to any personal conclusions, but the information certainly has picqued my imagination.

Back