• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Wernher von Braun - another Mitchell's source for reality of UFOs

uforadio

Paranormal Adept
From my mailing list:

Dear colleagues.
I was able to recall from my memory of another interview where Mitchell talked more about his sources that shared with him the arguments for
the reality of UFO phenomena. As I have a big collection of Mitchell's interviews from the last 10 years, where UFOs are also mentioned, I was
able to re-check those references in my archive.

I was able to find that one of the Mitchell's sources is dr. Wernher von Braun, famous german scientist that was transfered to USA after Word
War II. Just a quick reminder - Wernher was a leading figure in the field of rocket science. He was the architect of the Saturn V booster
rocket used in Apollo missions to the Moon.

That interview was done at September 12, 2007. for the "Coast to Coast" radio show. Mitchell stated that he knew Wernher quite well and they become very close. Mitchell stated that Wernher droped a few hints (on UFOs). He didn't discussed with Mitchell in great depth but also he didn't hold it back. The "Paperclip scientists" (other scientists transfered from Germany to USA as Werhner too) were at Fort Bliss "at the time all this happened" (Roswell). Mitchell adds that Wernher was apparently there and was asked to investigate at that first instant-incident (Roswell) because of his rocketry knowledge. Mitchell also says that he knew at that point from multiple sources that it was all true - in large the phenomena
was correct. He concludes that Wernher was a brilliant thinker and his goal was to explore the universe.

Also another Mitchell's interesting reference was about rocket scientist Robert Goddard. In Larry King show July 4, Mitchell states that the farm of Robert Goddard, the father of American rocketry, was right down the road from ours (near Roswell). "And I walked
past his home every day going there. So I feel fairly well-informed on all of this", Mitchell says.

Altough, Goddard died in 1945. there is a interesting connection between Wernher von Braun and Goddard in this Wikipedia entry:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Goddard_(scientist)

<SNIP>
"With new financial backing, Goddard eventually relocated to Roswell, New Mexico in 1930, where he worked in near isolation and secrecy for a dozen years. In Nazi Germany, however, Wernher von Braun took Goddard's plans from various journals and incorporated them into building the early 1930s A-1 and A2 prototypes of the Aggregate series that later, designated
A4 or V-2, constantly struck at Europe in the last two years of World War II.[2] In 1963, von Braun, reflecting on the history of rocketry, said of Goddard: "His rockets ... may have been rather crude by present-day standards, but they blazed the trail and incorporated many features used in our most modern rockets and space vehicles" [3].
<SNIP>

I have extracted and uploaded the relevant clip of C2C show -
you can download it here:
http://tinyurl.com/5zk3m6

My previous story on Mitchell and compilation of interviews:
http://tinyurl.com/6xcxox
Giuliano Marinkovic

Back