• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We're in the midst of a huge religious evolution...

Bluto392

Skilled Investigator
I'm convinced paranormal phenomena is part of a huge paradigm shift in religion.

The idea of all powerful gods is quickly being exposed as not a feasible idea in this age of science. Replacements, such as ET's, ancient aliens, etc. are slowly taking their place among otherwise agnostic people.

However, it's still religion: unprovable, unsubstantiated, etc. In keeping with our scientific age, though, people are encouraged to investigate to find answers, unlike our current religious fare.

I inadvertently hit the REPORT button. Sorry. I agree with you, but think this will always remain a relatively small fringe group. Most people approach ETs as an ENTERTAINMENT, not a deep search for personal meaning (the root of religious affiliation).

I think the much larger movement is for personal spirituality. For the vast majority, this comes via Self Help or New Thought movements. I doubt that ETs will capture the heart and soul of large numbers of people unless they suddenly appear and claim that they are our ancient gods.

L. Ron Hubbard famously said that if a man wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be to start his own religion.

That brings us back to the provenance of the MJ-12 documents, i.e. follow the money.

Last edited:
I think religion and spirituality is being replaced by religious and spiritual entertainment sources. I really don't see any kind of life changing behaviour caused by this stuff. I think people like the ego boost that comes with looking and sounding spiritual. I see very few running off to retreats or doing anything that would deeply disrupt their 21st century Western lifestyle.

I'm convinced paranormal phenomena is part of a huge paradigm shift in religion.

The idea of all powerful gods is quickly being exposed as not a feasible idea in this age of science. Replacements, such as ET's, ancient aliens, etc. are slowly taking their place among otherwise agnostic people.

However, it's still religion: unprovable, unsubstantiated, etc. In keeping with our scientific age, though, people are encouraged to investigate to find answers, unlike our current religious fare.

With respect to sociology, I think "belief system" might be a more accurate term than I do "religion". A religion denotes an institution. A formal organization whose core identity is motivated by a sacred sense of mythology. It is unquestionable however, that a few esoteric religious cults have been crafted via the incorporation of certain specific aspects of what we consider to be contemporary paranormal subject matter. However, as in the case of "spiritualism", this has been ongoing now for many thousands of years. Such developmental representations will most likely always remain culturally relevant shards, amongst the larger religious seemingly whole glass pieces.

For instance, IMO, UFOs represent a huge paradigm shift in what is the culture and era specific deductive reasoning that serves to produce folkloric belief systems.

I am very grateful for your intelligent post here, because it serves to underline an extremely important human condition. Namely, the one in which anomalous environmental input stimulus trigger the human cognitive process of a memory relevant deductive response that serves to inform environmentally relevant creative output determinations. We literally experience day to day reality in parallel fashion by assessing our environment's accordingly, due to the process instinctively best serving our species' survival.

I personally think that most people equating UFOs with space ships bearing extremely advanced beings from other solar systems/planets are perceiving the phenomenon, and attempting to explain it as best they can, according to a reflection of the above described process. That doesn't mean they're wrong in terms of their explanation, however, it just as certainly doesn't mean that they're right either. Neither does it mean by any stretch of the imagination that this spacefaring explanation is the one that makes the most sense, or is in some way, shape, or form, the best expression of Occam's razor turned it's proverbial anomalous ear. Because of the high level of completely anomalous uncertainty, when we find those of a deductively reasoned specific iconic persuasion, they have adopted an anomaly inspired belief system.

This process truly does not parallel someone's choice of religion or their motives for seeking out the same. Nor does it parallel what is the described religious experience of a spiritual connection with a God of their choosing. Certainly religion is centered on the notion of belief, but if one is truly honest about the matter, brutally honest, so is just about every other philosophical and theoretical choice we make as human beings throughout the course of our lives.

Many great minds have contended that of all the qualities one must possess to best prosper in the sciences, there is none greater than that of faith.

Last edited:
I think religion and spirituality is being replaced by religious and spiritual entertainment sources. I really don't see any kind of life changing behaviour caused by this stuff. I think people like the ego boost that comes with looking and sounding spiritual. I see very few running off to retreats or doing anything that would deeply disrupt their 21st century Western lifestyle.
I often see people using the word "spirituality" in bizarre terms. Often the word is used to refer to BELIEF in whatever they are selling. For example, the space brothers crowd are often claiming that Earth is moving to 5th density and that there will be a harvest of the evolved people with high vibrations. To them, THIS dogma is spirituality. To me, it has nothing to do with spirituality. It is merely a belief system. To me, spirituality refers intrinsically to how we treat ourselves and all life around us. It speaks to very basic things like how much love you allow in your life. It has NOTHING to do with replacing a fundamentalist Christian belief system for a New Age belief system. The world is suffering daily for antiquated Christian and Islamic dogma that people mistake for spirituality. It is not. It is just competing belief systems. I can believe that god is a giant pink elephant and that when we die, we humans are given huge elephant ears with which to fly to heaven. I can believe that raccoons are demonic evil creatures and should be eradicated. I can believe that the universe is a dung heap, droppings from the celestial pink elephant. None of this will make me spiritual, but most people on planet Earth are at this level. They mistake a belief system for spirituality. Is it truly more spiritual to believe in reincarnation rather than one-life? No! Spirituality comes down to what Jesus said (among others) "to love god, to love yourself, and to love others as yourself". Beliefs are NOT necessary but often replace such a basic but very difficult spiritual truth.

Back