• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Weird things that I've seen

Todesangst

Paranormal Novice
I'm not sure I recall many unusual experiences in my childhood, but 2010-2012 saw a spike of strangeness that occured within my group of friends in around the college campus. I suppose it kicked off with my first acid trip, which involved a lot of bizarre synchronicities; my friend who gave me the substance, and was not a student just visiting, introduced me to Terence Mckenna (via one of his lectures) in my dorm, and we realized we were hearing the same exact lecture synched with ours coming out of another room outside ours (from the open window). then we got a knock on the door and it was a student living in the room directly below mine, confirming that he was listening to the same audioclip. He and my friend were both named "Max" with no relation whatsoever. Lots of weird, mundane coincidences followed that event.
Somehow, that led to an interest in UFOs with an intensity that I never really felt (besides X-Files and books on Unexplained mysteries). A couple weeks later I was at a party, and we were admittedly pretty baked, laying on foam surface in front of the garage staring into the starry sky, chatting. Its near Sea-Tac airport so there were lots of planes at varying altitudes, satellites, etc. I had a random thought "man, it'd be cool to see a UFO right now". A minute later, a dark object with yellow lights, or windows, flew directly over us at treetop level (straight trajectory), completely silent! Everyone laying down, 5-6 people, exclaimed "WTF was that?!!" all at the same time, then everyone started arguing what it was. People apparently saw different things. One guy said it left a luminous trail, which I didn't see.
Then I started noticing similarly odd things. on an evening drive to seattle, we drove by a chemical plant and saw what seemed to be some kind of oddly shaped helicopter (a dark mass with red and blue lights) hovering around the smokestacks without disturbing the plume of smoke. I drove by the same smokestack a year or so later and saw the exact same thing, and it seemed to fly away from the facility. No idea what to make of that.
Then a lot of weird things happened at a student house near campus where i lived briefly. It was seated on the edge of a wetland. One sunny day some of us were sitting on chairs in the yard, and a friend suddenly glanced up and said "what a strange cloud, it looks like an arrow or triangle) We looked up and I saw a large cirrus cloud roughly shaped like a mouse cursor. but next to its "point" was what appeared to be a small white "dot." I pointed it out and it was just hanging there, i thought it might be a star but it was noon and there were no other stars visible. then the wooden chair i was sitting on happened to collapse in on itself and i fell on my ass. when we looked back at the spot seconds later, it was gone. I have seen fixed white "dots" during daylight on occasion when i happen to look up, which usually disappear after a few minutes.

--- I had poltergeist-ish experiences in my room there, at night. Friends would be with me and we would start hearing a strange "scratching sound" coming out of the wall (which were non-insulated and facing the wetland outside). it sounded like it was right outside so nervously i'd investigate and of course see nothing and the scratching would stop. Other times people said they heard 'voices.' I came home one time when the house was empty, and I clearly heard someone say "he's still here" behind a curtain in the kitchen. I moved the curtain aside expecting to see a friend. nobody there.
2 friends there reported seeing a huge "black cat" come out of the woods with 'shining' eyes, one time in the backyard and back into the wetland. Another time we were walking down our block (evening) to a corner store, and me and a friend observed two bright red "lights" at fairly low altitude, traveling in a synchronized path but attached to no visible craft.
There is a park near that neighborhood where twice, while alone, I happened to look straight up and saw a bird the size of a commuter jet flying a circle at 30,000 ft. both times if I looked away, it seemed to be gone.
Other times in that area I've observed what resembled "giant firefly" lights meandering around about 500 ft up in the night sky, which seem to "burn out"
Also had what seemed to be an odd experience in a nearby rural area where me and a friend were driving on a straight road through a main drag, then into farmland, and within ten minutes we apparently reentered the same main drag.

So yeah, those are some odd things. That's not even counting into my "alien visitation" type experiences I had on DMT which really impacted my thinking. I think there were others, If I can recall them I'll post em here.

Back