• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Warning in a dream, five years before needed.

sher

Skilled Investigator
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted and I have been debating whether or not to share this, but I feel it's OK to, afterall, it's my experience. This could turn in to a long post as there are details that can't be left out.

Four years old, I had a recurring nightmare, as kids do I suppose, always the same result etc.

In this nightmare, I entered what seemed like a shut down theme park( although I wouldn't have been able to describe it like that at four years old, only in hindsight),
I already felt afraid and I know that there is someone there waiting for me and I know that they're not nice...just a feeling.

This turns out to be a witch, and she would jump out at me, she had really long, really white fingers, she was almost blurred too, had a constant cackle..I guess the description could be typical of how a child of four would perceive a witch to be...in every dream I would be chased to the point of exhaustion, I'd get lost in the theme park, but towards the end of the dream she would catch me at the gates, a moment of terror for me and then I would wake up.

I'm not sure how long I had these dreams for, but there came a point in that nightmare, that I found a new strength, an inner voice in the dream 'me', and this time I wasn't scared, I took control, and just waited for the witch this time, let her chase me, and as I neared the gates I tripped her up, as she fell she landed on her face, busting her nose. I was able to just open the gates and walk out. I never had that dream again.

Five years later I was abducted by a fourteen year old girl who put me through emotional and physical ordeals.

I had been visiting my dad, and was out playing in the playground with my step brother and brother. Sitting on the swings, we saw a girl with a dog so I went to say hello, stroke the dog etc, the girl (later to be identified as Anne-marie Taylor) asked if I would like to walk to the top of the park with her and the dog, I said ok as I couldn't see a reason not to..the top of the park would still have kept me at a safe distance from my two brothers, they could still see me.

Anyway, we got talking, she let me hold the dogs lead and I guess I just got lost in the chat etc, then I realised that I couldn't see my brothers, so I asked her to take me back.That's when it all started.

She told me that I wasn't allowed to go back, that I had to walk with her, do everything she said, and if I didn't the I'd get smacked. So I just walked,became numb, too scared to run, was lost anyway by now. This wasn't my home town. I was stuck. I remember it was freezing that day.

The ordeal lasted six hours, she walked me through alley ways, constant winding, like a maze. All the chat from her was basically threats, horrific 'promises' of what was to come, telling me to do stupid things like stand on a bench, motionless and if I moved then I'd be punished.

We ended up on a railway embankment, from what I can remember it was a disused railway, there are lots in Yorkshire. She told me to sit down, then explained that she was going to slap me five times around each cheek and I wasn't to make a sound, if I did, worse would be done. She did what she had said she was going to do, but the last one was so hard, I couldn't help but cry out.So the punishment was a smacked backside. The same rules applied, I must not make a noise...it was humiliating as she didn't smack me through my clothes.

I'm going to get to the point,as I realise that this is going on a bit..
Anne marie got it in to her head that she could force me to get down a manhole and stood over me whilst I pretended to try and undo it, this is where I felt a surge of complete anger, I felt brave and I began plotting my escape, I could see she was unravelling, her ideas were becoming more and more ridiculous, I was tired and so was she. Her last idea was my moment to escape her, she was attempting to break in to a car and asked me to look out for anyone (on a main road btw):confused:

I did know where I was from this road and knew my way home, though she wasn't aware of that. So as she worked on the lock of the car door, I gathered all of my strength and bravery that I could, and then I ran and ran and ran..I remember her saying "you little bitch get back here", but I just ran.
She caught up with me, I could hear her coming up behind me, and without any hesitaion, just waited, calmly, still running but calm somehow, stuck out my right foot and just as with the witch in the dream, she fell and bust her nose.I then ran the rest of the way home.

The end result was, police, I passed out, had to give countless statements, undergo examinations, I recieved intesnsive counselling two weeks after and finally cried about it. Anne marie was caught and sent away from the area, to a young offenders institute as far as I know.

Crazy story. Thanks for sharing. What an evil little girl.

Had she done other bad stuff too? Surprised she got sent away for one afternoon of evil...

Hi Gareth,
yes, she had done other things, from what I remember it was because I went to the police that other stories emerged. In one of my interviews with the police I was told that this hadn't been her first time.

So, sadly, not just her first time. Makes me wonder why though, she was only fourteen.

So, sadly, not just her first time. Makes me wonder why though, she was only fourteen.

I think there are two possibilities for this sort of behaviour so young...

1) She really is just pure evil and had She been allowed to grow up unchecked She would maybe graduate to serious crimes like murder.

2) She had neglectful or abusive parents.

Im inclined to think it was the latter of those 2 options. Really sad that someones life can be affected so much by fucktard parents.

Yea I really do think she came from an abusive home, thinking back, she did look grubby, she wore dirty jeans and a blue dirty blue bomber jacket, I totally understand how the abused fast become the abusers.

Guess she needed to vent somehow.

Getting back to the potentially paranormal angle here, have you had any other 'pre cognition' type dreams or experiences? Did it take you long to connect the dream with what experienced that day?

That would have really spun me out. Especially as it seems to be so exact as far as the feelings of fear followed by the feeling of empowerment and tripping over your attacker.

Interesting and sad story about the human race. I am glad you made it out OK and your dream helped you gain inner strength. I would guess that he girl was abused too but not all abused children turn out like she did.

That's also true Ally, thank you for your reply:),

I understand that you cannot pigeon hole people who have been abused and it would be unfair to assume either way how they'll turn out or what they have really been through. It's a subject that only sufferers really have a right to comment on, anything else is just speculation.

Even though I have always remembered that dream, it really was only a few months ago that I put the two things together, I think I find comfort in knowing that it was me who got myself out of that situation, even though I did go with her, she took advantage, and so to call on inner strength and succeed in saving myself at nine years old, I do feel proud of myself.

Who knows if the dream was a warning, maybe even at four I really did understand myself at that level, but I had to firstly dream that I could survive, and then later in life actually prove it?

I don't have the answers,:confused: the two just seemed to fit and I hoped it would be an interesting read and perhaps shed some light for myself and others.

Trust me Gareth, it really did take my breath away when I realised how they seemed to connect.

Thanks for your replies:)

xx

Thanks for sharing. It does seem like an odd coincidence, or like a reversal of the usual sequence, like the dream was about the attack. J.W. Dunne wrote a book about this long ago, he believed that 50% of our dreams are about events that have not yet occurred.

Thanks for sharing that post sher.

This reminds me of a case Carl Jung worked on. He worked with a young girl who kept having dreams of Christian imagery (e.g, the cross, communion wafer). However the girl had supposedly never been exposed to such imagery. About one year later the girl died as a result of an illness. Jung hypothesized that her mind was preparing the body for death with symbols drawn from the collective unconscious.

Maybe from this perspective your dream was preparing you for a future event using symbols like the witch.

Anyway glad it all worked out and your okay!

Hi aaronpsych, thanks for your reply.:)

I have to say that I do strongly feel like it was preperation, maybe to some it seems quite diluted to just draw that conclusion from a dream and the actual event. I certainly don't recall actually knowing what to do solely because I have always remembered my dream...joining this site brought up many memories for me as I have had a few experiences, some of which I have posted on the appropriate forums.

To me it's a simple as Anne marie being the witch, the theme park being the playground, and the rest hopefully explains itself. I guess it's spooky to read that both had the exact same ending, and it was an eye opener to me also when I put the two together.

I have wondered, but I don't want to look too deeply for answers as to why I was perhaps given a warning but the shit still happened to me..this only brings up more questions as to where/who the warning came from and if it was strong enough to get the message across in numerous dreams, why not just make it so I wasn't there at that time with my brothers..etc etc etc..you see, it will drive me crazy.

I really hope I am making sense..

Hey Sher, you're making perfect sense. I think that not over thinking things is probably a good thing in some cases, as too much thinking can sometimes add too much 'noise' to the signal.

I suppose from the Jung example the girl could not avoid her fate. The fact that she was more 'linked in' with the collective meant that she received signals and symbols that others did not. Understanding this stuff is both a fascinating and frustrating exercise.

Actually not until your post did I remember having similar dream experiences. About six years ago I had a dream of three spiders attacking my mother. Half a year later my mother found out she had cancer involving three tumors. Its as if there is some pool of information we are all capable of accessing that bypasses factors like time. I wonder if we are more open or receptive to this when in our dream states.

Thanks for sharing that post sher.

This reminds me of a case Carl Jung worked on. He worked with a young girl who kept having dreams of Christian imagery (e.g, the cross, communion wafer). However the girl had supposedly never been exposed to such imagery. About one year later the girl died as a result of an illness. Jung hypothesized that her mind was preparing the body for death with symbols drawn from the collective unconscious.

Maybe from this perspective your dream was preparing you for a future event using symbols like the witch.

Anyway glad it all worked out and your okay!

You recall how old the girl was? What country she live in?

I think my copy has fallen victim to the 'lending to unreliable friends' curse. The book was called 'Man and his symbols' by Carl Jung. The first chapter is written by Jung and is where he outlines this case. From my memory the girl was under 10, I'm not sure what country it was in. If I can track down a copy I'll post the info.

Hi aaronpsych, thanks for your reply.:)

I have wondered, but I don't want to look too deeply for answers as to why I was perhaps given a warning but the shit still happened to me..this only brings up more questions as to where/who the warning came from and if it was strong enough to get the message across in numerous dreams, why not just make it so I wasn't there at that time with my brothers..etc etc etc..you see, it will drive me crazy.

I really hope I am making sense..

so maybe you were warned and not kept away, so that someone strong enough would help this girl be caught? maybe some of the other kids were warned as well, but didn't develop enough strength inside to fight back.

Thank you for sharing this, sher. How incredibly cruel of that girl. I'm so glad you were able to finally say "enough is enough!" and utilize both your fight and flight mechanisms.

The correlation between dreams and later real life events is very intriguing to me, and I've had a couple of experiences with this myself.

Thank you for sharing this, sher. How incredibly cruel of that girl. I'm so glad you were able to finally say "enough is enough!" and utilize both your fight and flight mechanisms.

The correlation between dreams and later real life events is very intriguing to me, and I've had a couple of experiences with this myself.

Thank you. x Have you posted about any of those experiences? :)

Back