• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Video of ‘Diamond’ Shape Changing UFO - 2 Aug 2017

JRTV

Paranormal Maven
Hi, and thanks or giving me the space to share these weird experiences.

I had a very interesting UFO sighting recently and although I’m sure there will be many that might break their backs arguing the “balloon vs. drone” circular dance, I'm 100% sure it’s not.

I went out back of my building to ground myself during a very stressful day. My grandmother had just died and I had been preparing to get on Amtrak to go the funeral. Family drama alway ensues and I wasn’t looking forward to that either.

When I got the to edge of the building looking west, I saw this object moving in the sky eastward. It was a cloudy day.

I seriously thought it was a clump of balloons at first, but after noticing the odd flight pattern and feeling that it “might be” different, I decided to try recording it with my iPhone anyway. I’ve missed out on what would have been very interesting full video captures before by not taking what I was looking at seriously, so when I see something moving oddly and seemingly changing shape, I feel its best to record what I can and ask questions later.

It seemed to move deliberately eastward and then hover. At one point I moved to my left to make sure I keep it in frame and accelerates out of the shot.

I ran to the front of the apartment to see if I could capture anymore.

Hollywood222P2Signed.jpg

By the time I got out front it was still there, and I was able to get about another four minutes of video.

Hollywood222P4Signed.jpg

It did seem to flip and dance at times, and then suddenly start moving eastward again.

Hollywood222P6Signed.jpg

The curious thing were the people standing by. There were at least two people on the sidewalk to the north of me. One of them actually looked up and saw me holding the phone up towards the sky and filming… Both stayed focused with their heads down looking at the cell phones.

Hollywood222P12Signed.jpg

Hollywood222P16Signed.jpg

This is by far one of the most unusual, vivid and relatively ‘close’ realtime video captures, that happened in broad daylight in public, and I’m still not certain anyone else saw this.

I’m still looking.

This is a very long edit because there appears to be a lot going on.

Another UFO crosses in the shot…and near the end of one of the clips an “orb” flies in and out of the frame.

Hollywood222O9.JPG Hollywood222O3Signed.jpg Hollywood222O6.JPG

I tried to show closer and slowed down versions of all the activity in this very bizarre video. You can of course scrub forward at anytime to look at closeups of the first or second UFOs or the orb.

A few short edits are provided below for those short on time.

Even though people read less and less, I will say this now for anyone who cares to pay attention.

When I started posting on this forum back in 2013, I thought that would be my one and only UFO video capture. As some of you are beginning to notice, I’ve posted a few more than one…and I’m beginning to realize how unusual this is. I never planned this.

I need to state here that my intent was and still is to share my experiences, and not necessarily “debate” the reality of whether I actually experienced them.

I need to reiterate that these are “real” experiences… If there’s a .5% chance the capture is a bug, balloon or drone, I won’t post it. Also, I barely understand how to use my video editing software and have NO idea how to do any sophisticated CGI.

I can’t really explain the amount of captures Ive shared…nor do I care to try to. They just “are”. I share them for those who are willing to watch… They are especially for the benefit of other experiencers.

Thanks for taking a look. Be kind to each other. And try to keep the thread out of the “balloon” vs. “drone” circular argument. It’s neither. On the other extreme, when I called in to report it, the guy asked me if I thought it was a space alien. How would I know this? I have NO idea what this is. I’ve never claimed any of my captures are aliens…

But THIS is a wild capture, so I’m sharing it here for other researchers and especially other experiencers to look at. Thanks.

Last edited:
I barely understand how to use my video editing software

I think you should really look into this, there is a lot of information available on the internet for free.

It is just as important to understand what is happening inside the camera as outside.

For example when you transfer the video from your camera/phone to your computer the video format can be altered, if you then edit the video using software on your computer the exported video can be different again, and then when you upload it to youtube it will be changed again. All sorts of information can be lost and with something like a camera phone the video is optimized for near objects, not for shooting in the far distance, the lenses and cameras are simply not designed for long range work, so there will not be that much 'information' to lose in the first place.

There are many far more knowledgeable people than myself who have written tutorials explaining all of the basic concepts.

I would be happy to find you some links etc if you would like to learn more?

I was sorry to read about your loss and distress, condolences and best wishes.

It really looks like a drone to me - when you zoom in that much, the lower resolution makes the common drone shape morph into something that is diamond shaped. The dancing and moving it did can be explained by the way drones move.
It could be something else, but a drone seems to explain it.

It really looks like a drone to me - when you zoom in that much, the lower resolution makes the common drone shape morph into something that is diamond shaped. The dancing and moving it did can be explained by the way drones move.
It could be something else, but a drone seems to explain it.

I assure you this is not a drone.

I am extremely sensitive to sound. I'm sure you heard my quip about my neighbor screaming Italian? He bugs the crap out of me.... lol

My point being, if I went outdoors and saw this object and heard the noise, I would have gone back inside. A drone is INCREDIBLY loud and annoying.

This object was completely silent and relatively low flying.

You can't hear anything in this video but passing traffic.

I'm on a neighborhood street and not next to a freeway.

I also felt something as well. I dont have psychic or physical tugs from drones.

As I stated in my other new thread, I'm looking forward to the venues for "experiencers" to expand in a way where more information is actually shared and discussed. The forum venue has its limitations. We don't have time to do the research...and often times dont even have time to watch entire videos posted. Its completely understandable...but the other factors surrounding the experience gets left out, and the discussion defaults to one "defending" their experience more than sharing it.

This experience had too much going on with it to be reduced to just "it's a drone". What about the other object that crosses through the shot? Did you see the orb?

What gets left out here is that this was one of five UAP video captures in a two week period. None of the objects made noise nor exhibited characteristics of birds, balloons, bugs or drones. All the captures were different, and with the timing could be connected...but who knows?

The other curious thing is that I think I've caught something similar in Joshua Tree in 2014 and in Pasadena in 2015. The object moves and looks exactly the same.

Here's a capture from Joshua Tree National Park when I had the camera on a tripod to film the rising moon.

Now remember, this is out in Joshua Tree National Park.

Its extremely quiet out there, and other than occasional cars in the distance, its very silent You would hear a drone from like a mile away because the sound carries like that there.

This is another edit showing how it "looks" like the object tries to get into frame the first time.

A long winded way of saying...I've already researched the "drone" theory and ruled that out. There was NO noise. It was very low. And drones don't change shape like that either.

I appreciate you taking a look.

Looks like a weather balloon. Or advertising balloon. The object seems not to be moving or performing maneuvers. It is my belief the object in question is a balloon.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Back