• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Underworld Cavens

Wonder how many unexplored cavern ecosystem's are out there which have not been discovered and with their own micro -weather system? Also did those searching wild locations such as South America, South Africa, Asia, North America and the Artic or Antarctica territories' during summer season come across such a location similar to this one below in 1940-50s? In addition, could these be the places of remnants civilisations un touch by modern humanity?

Er Wang Dong cave in China so huge it has its own weather system | Mail Online

It's my understanding that we know quite a bit about the crust and mantel of the Earth, and where most larger cave systems are. Geologists have done an excellent job with the mapping utilizing a global-wide seismic system to measure P and S waves thrown out by earthquakes. The geological information is accurate enough to determine where most of the large cave systems lie along the crust. "Most" of this information has led me to personally diminish the idea of crypto terrestrials because (again, in my opinion) if such beings existed we probably would have found their entry and exit points by now.

However, with that being said there are many cave systems that do remain unexplored either due to political boundaries (like China to the US), or because they're unreachable, such as four or five systems located within the deep-ocean. It's those two reasons why I remain borderline regarding a crypto-terrestrial source for UFO sightings and such.

My 2 cents.

J.

Yes Jeff,
The Crypto-Terrestrials theory is a interesting and this example leaves open the possibility of such a case. Furthermore, the theory of a so called breakaway civilization could also be plausible in such cavern systems ?

The one in China has trees growing underground if I am understanding the pictures right.

I think that the trees are in a very deep valley where the only access is through underground passages or by flying. Tree roots are perfectly happy underground but foliage requires some sunlight to be present.

Fascinating topic! I recently listened to an Audible book titled "Blind Descent: The Quest to Discover the Deepest Place on Earth". The amount of risk, money, work, sheer effort, and time that people have put into trying to discover the deepest point in any underground cave system was astonishing to me. They're always pushing and trying to make it to a new, unexplored, deeper point under the earth. People have died doing this - it's sort of like K2 in reverse.

Considering how much there is to still explore, how few people have ever ventured to these places, and seeing caves as you mention with their own ecosystems - it sure does make ya wonder just how possible it is to have larger and/or intelligent organisms carrying on far below.

Yes Jeff,
The Crypto-Terrestrials theory is a interesting and this example leaves open the possibility of such a case. Furthermore, the theory of a so called breakaway civilization could also be plausible in such cavern systems ?

See, this is where I'm a bit skeptical. We've explored countless cave systems , globally, already, and there's been little-to-no sign of any type of development or construction within them. And those where development or construction was found, it was clear the development was human-based.

It stands to reason that if a non-human species were using caves to travel to-and-from underground locations, they would at least shore those caves up, support them in some way. They may even mark them with symbols like we mark our roadways. They would at least re-enforce them to prevent cave-ins and such things. I'm of the belief that we would have found this type of evidence by now and as far as I know there's been little to no reports in that regard......no non-human construction around cave entrances and what-not. In my opinion that tells me that the crypto-terrestrial hypothesis holds considerable less validity than some others.

2-cents entered.

J.

See, this is where I'm a bit skeptical. We've explored countless cave systems , globally, already, and there's been little-to-no sign of any type of development or construction within them. And those where development or construction was found, it was clear the development was human-based.

It stands to reason that if a non-human species were using caves to travel to-and-from underground locations, they would at least shore those caves up, support them in some way. They may even mark them with symbols like we mark our roadways. They would at least re-enforce them to prevent cave-ins and such things. I'm of the belief that we would have found this type of evidence by now and as far as I know there's been little to no reports in that regard......no non-human construction around cave entrances and what-not. In my opinion that tells me that the crypto-terrestrial hypothesis holds considerable less validity than some others.

2-cents entered.

J.

So far the four cents you've added seem to make a lot of sense, actually. Now my understanding of the last bastion of crypto terrestrial habitats is that they could only be located in the deep ocean, to conicide with all those underwater UFO sightings...

I thought that the vast majority of the ocean remains unexplored. But what you are saying is that the possibilities of the physical locations of where the cryptos might be have already been mapped out with only four or five possibilities? That does not seem like a lot at all given the enormous size of the oceanic floor.

If I was a crypto I wouldn't be leaving any signs outside my abode though. My preference would be for holographic camouflage shielding.

I too really like the cryptoterrestrial theory - to me, anyway, it makes a lot of sense. To add to that, I really think there could be some legitimacy to the idea of dinosaurs having evolved to the cryptoterrestrial species. I remember reading a chapter in Dr. Barry Taff's book about an Omni magazine from the early 80's highlighting the idea of what an evolved dinosaur would look like today. As Taff pointed out, the evolved dinosaur looked like our good friend the 'grey'. I think Omni took the idea of the dinosaur existing on neighboring solar systems, and turned it into a computer simulated forecast of "what they would look like today on another planet". I guess my question is: why does it have to be on another planet? Who is to say they didn't survive on this planet in some shape or form? I am still trying to track the magazine down. Great thread everyone!

Jeff also being on skeptical side of the equation if !! /plausible these type of civilisations did exist would they be highly intelligent to hide (camouflage) from the dominate human population or have they developed means and methods to hide within a large populous society? Furthermore, do they have the cloaking ability as suggested using holographic means? How many folks have been in our outer space not robotic vehicles and has all our skies been explored the same as oceans, mountains and aquifers.

Amazing cave shots !

The cryptoterrestrial theory that comes closest to making sense to me is one in which they somehow live among us, either by passing as plain old human, or causing us not to see or find them by some more esoteric means. What if, just as any sufficiently advanced technology would appear as magic--any sufficiently advanced civilization could control ours and yet remain hidden? It's a tantalizing thought but loaded with paranoia and other kinds of difficult baggage. But then, so is the whole UFO phenomenon and yet it refuses to go away.

I too really like the cryptoterrestrial theory - to me, anyway, it makes a lot of sense. To add to that, I really think there could be some legitimacy to the idea of dinosaurs having evolved to the cryptoterrestrial species. I remember reading a chapter in Dr. Barry Taff's book about an Omni magazine from the early 80's highlighting the idea of what an evolved dinosaur would look like today. As Taff pointed out, the evolved dinosaur looked like our good friend the 'grey'. I think Omni took the idea of the dinosaur existing on neighboring solar systems, and turned it into a computer simulated forecast of "what they would look like today on another planet". I guess my question is: why does it have to be on another planet? Who is to say they didn't survive on this planet in some shape or form? I am still trying to track the magazine down. Great thread everyone!

I found this site that has Omni magazine to view or download, you should be able to find the article or issue you are looking for:
Internet Archive Search: (collection:eek:mni-magazine OR mediatype:eek:mni-magazine) AND -mediatype:collection

Just thought about current BS over another comet coming our way and if (big) one would land on the Professor Ivan Sanderson "Sea Babies" would it cause a hornet nest to erupt and would we have another UFO wave like the early 1950s and on pure speculation the so called scientific adventure down the South Pole came across such cavern systems did Admiral Byrd Operational Team face and why have so called damage and casualties from what ?? after the end of WW2. How nations were involved and why did Admrial Byrd do a interview with so called South American journalist while on a top secret mission?? Who was the military officers apart from Navy ? Why have special operations teams for a scientific mission? Why take such large Navy fleet for ? Was the Soviets there and did they take over old Nazi Sub base// fishing base? What else was going on at the same time around the World? Also what was going on in space such as comets and meteors?

Last edited:
All this talk of caverns puts me in mind of all the Eighties-on Star Trek series... sooner or later someone on a planet would mention "subterranean caves", which led me to wonder that the above-ground ones looked like... fields, most likely...

I can tell you why there would be a significant military presence on such expeditions... the military is always on the lookout for miserable places to send their people, so they can learn better how to keep miserable people functioning, just in case there is a war in a miserable place. That's why we have the military in the Aleutians, a place so miserable that the Japanese who invaded, left of their own accord, in a hurry. Don't miss the "Private Snafu" cartoon about the Aleutians, if you have a chance to see it.

Back