• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs Northwest — UFO Sightings Updates

UFOs Northwest

Special Correspondent
Staff member
7278Welcome to the UFOs Northwest Thread
By William Puckett - Special Correspondent

I worked as a meteorologist with the National Weather Service for 3 years and the Environmental Protection Agency for 27 years. He retired in 2007 and have a
  • B. A. Biology - Carroll College, Helena, MT - 1969
  • M. S. Atmospheric Science - Colorado State U., Fort Collins, CO - 1973
I've also been a consultant for the "UFO Hunters" series on the History Channel and also appeared on two of the episodes. I'm also a research associate with NARCAP (National Reporting Center for Anomalous Phenomena.) I did a meteorological and radar analysis for the November 7, 2006 UFO Incident at O'Hare Airport in Chicago.

I was also Director fo Montana's Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) until June 2019 during which time I wrote several technical articles for the MUFON Journal. I spoke at the International MUFON Symposium in 2008 on the radar facet of the Stephenville, TX "sighting wave" in January of 2008.

UFOs Northwest is based in the Pacific Northwest in Helena, Montana. It's a national reporting center for UFOs that is seeking to find the truth about the UFO phenomenon and share our results with the public. I believe that for far too long, citizens have been kept in the dark by government and research agencies. While most sightings can be explained by natural occurrences, some UFO reports suggest the presence of other forces, beings or scientific phenomenon heretofore undefined by current technology and conventional understanding.

When I'm not trying to solve the UFO mystery, I enjoy fitness, cooking, and reading. Each week on After The Paracast I'll be updating listeners with some of the most interesting cases that have come across my desk from the past and present. Here's my first entry for this new thread:

Mysterious Object Prompts NORAD to Scramble Jets

On November 27, 2002 a mysterious object spotted over the Caribbean prompted NORAD to institute a scramble of jets. Several bases across eastern and central US either scrambled jets or were placed on high alert. The significance of this case is that NORAD responded to a FOIA request with detailed information.

For more, subscribe to After The Paracast and visit these links:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting! As mentioned on After The Paracast, the most interesting aspect of these reports is that the object, presumably a craft of some sort, was seen coming out of the water. After that we run into some other issues that means I'll need to take a closer look at the case. Questions I have are:
  • How can we be sure that the various sightings are all of the same object?
  • How was the speed determined if there was no radar contact and we can't be sure all the sightings are of the same object?
  • A contrail typically means that the craft is using some form of internal combustion as a powerplant, which is not what we've come to expect from UFOs ( alien craft ). Therefore this craft has more of a homegrown profile than something alien. But that still begs the question: Whose was it?

Last edited:
Good questions. I don't know if I have the answers. The most compelling aspect of this sighting was that an object was seen coming out of the water and leveled off at 40,000 feet. I was able to plot a time location trace based on the FOIA. The object was flying northwest and then north. However, other than coming out of the water no one had another clear view of the object. I suspect that the object may have been tracked on radar and that is how the speed was determined. I don't think that NORAD would have instituted a scramble without radar confirmation? Of course this was close to 9/11 so it makes sense that scrambles would be liberally dispensed.

My rationale for talking about this case is that it is the only time where I have seen NORAD respond in writing to a FOIA request. Also the object coming out of the water bears resemblance to the Navy pilot sightings off of the coast of San Diego recently discussed on the History Channel.

Good questions. I don't know if I have the answers. The most compelling aspect of this sighting was that an object was seen coming out of the water and leveled off at 40,000 feet ...
If it was accurately observed as coming out of the water, it definitely can't be any normal civilian craft. The AAL 1269 route number may have changed since the report ( I don't know how to find that out ), but today it's from Dallas Fort Worth to San Francisco, so what water body could they have seen the object coming out of? How can we figure out if that route number was the same route back when the report was made?

The CNN report also notes that there's no way to know if the separate reports are actually of the same object. Also I found it quite interesting that the word "track" was used in reference to the reports, which to me implied the use of radar, but then according to the Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, a "track" isn't necessarily a "radar track". It could simply be a plot of the associated reports.

BONUS REFERENCE MATERIAL ATTACHED

Attachments

• Dictionary_Military_Terms_01a.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Hi: Good comments and I pretty much agree. I wouldn't be surprised that UA changed their route numbers. I am reasonably sure that the object was seen coming out of the water over the Caribbean. Yes, I believe that the object was visible on radar even though that was denied in the FOIA response.

In the absence of a clearly defined object in a photo, what makes a report interesting is when they're accompanied by a detailed eyewitness report that if true, cannot be explained conventionally. Otherwise it makes me wonder why anyone who didn't see anything to begin with would assume that a small vague blurry spot on their photo represents an alien craft.

Nevertheless, one would think that if such craft are still visiting our civilization, it shouldn't be long before somebody someplace gets a photo of something strange. This lack of substantial evidence remains a curiosity in and of itself ( for me ), especially because I am personally a believer and a UFO eyewitness. It suggests ( to me ) that whatever is behind the phenomenon intentionally remains beyond our material grasp. Why?

I receive a great many photos where witnesses don't see anything, but later find something unusual in the background of the photo. Many of these photos can be explained as birds, insects, lens flares, saturation, etc. When witnesses see an object and take photos, then you can eliminate these explanations. Then you need to exclude objects such as aircraft, drones, balloons, gliders, etc. Of course you also have to look for hoaxes.

Thats why the 1950s is a golden age for gun cameras fitted on aircraft . No doubt Don would have known a few tomcat fighter pilots in the past. Also the mass photo libary of gun cameras taken duing testing the Hydrogen & Atomic Bombs . All US Navy shipping had spotter gun cameras on there decks and time these were realesed to the public to veiw for science.

Thats why the 1950s is a golden age for gun cameras fitted on aircraft . No doubt Don would have known a few tomcat fighter pilots in the past. Also the mass photo libary of gun cameras taken duing testing the Hydrogen & Atomic Bombs . All US Navy shipping had spotter gun cameras on there decks and time these were realesed to the public to veiw for science.
I've seen a few on YouTube, so some of them must have been released. But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there's more.

Indeed Randall,
Just read George Knapp excellent post today and link . What I am suggesting they are holding back large amounts of photos of UAPs (UFO) from that period of 19 40-50's and they should be out in the open for all humanity to see for science investigation! Remember large old archives in secure locations kept in time lock's (Michio Kaku is spot on they are not today's information which should be classified "Lose Lips Sink Battleships" ) and Mr Nick Pope knows what I am posting about even he not seen all of them. He excellent speaker and he should be back on the Paracast Show. Also seen my first so called MIB or a retro dressed individual (dressed in 1950s outfit ) and the chap disappeared that quick .:cool:

Indeed Randall,
Just read George Knapp excellent post today and link . What I am suggesting they are holding back large amounts of photos of UAPs (UFO) from that period of 19 40-50's and they should be out in the open for all humanity to see for science investigation! Remember large old archives in secure locations kept in time lock's (Michio Kaku is spot on they are not today's information which should be classified "Lose Lips Sink Battleships" ) and Mr Nick Pope knows what I am posting about even he not seen all of them. He excellent speaker and he should be back on the Paracast Show. Also seen my first so called MIB or a retro dressed individual (dressed in 1950s outfit ) and the chap disappeared that quick .:cool:
Not such a big fan of Pope as some others, particularly for helping to muddy the waters by advocating the use of "UAP". But I am intrigued with your MIB sighting. I like the retro look ( MIB or otherwise ), and there are no doubt others out there who emulate it from time to time. One day while working retail a beautiful young woman came in dressed straight out of the roaring 20s. I was almost speechless :cool: .

Indeed , what I did notice how quick the individual moved and turned his head more like robotic. Anyway it was not the first time I seen odd looking folks and their odd behavior. Remember one time inside the wire a chap asked me some questions for directions and he was a odd looking chap and got very cagey when I asked some questions back . The individual moved the same way like gliding across the floor robotic . Odd . Mr Lazar would know. Also over hundreds of books on UAP (ufo) and photos are stored in classified locations . Here is a link to a new podcast hope Gene don't mind :) ESA Explores and Spaceship Concordia . Agree its time for the truth to open the door for humanity. Also the subject is discussed freely in the halls of power.

Last edited:
Indeed , what I did notice how quick the individual moved and turned his head more like robotic. Anyway it was not the first time I seen odd looking folks and their odd behavior. Remember one time inside the wire a chap asked me some questions for directions and he was a odd looking chap and got very cagey when I asked some questions back . The individual moved the same way like gliding across the floor robotic . Odd . Mr Lazar would know. Also over hundreds of books on UAP (ufo) and photos are stored in classified locations . Here is a link to a new podcast hope Gene don't mind :) ESA Explores and Spaceship Concordia . Agree its time for the truth to open the door for humanity. Also the subject is discussed freely in the halls of power.
What I find odd is how there are so many people who have had strange experiences and/or have done enough homework to accept that it's a reality, while others have no experiences and cannot accept it, despite the massive amount of evidence in other people's testimony. By odd, I mean that I can't put myself into the sort of mindset of those we'd call deniers. It's as if they have some special mental problem that prevents them from grasping reasonableness while at the same time projecting some mental malady onto believers.

BTW, it's fine to mention other podcasts. They're considered by me to be resources, and we've even recently changed the forum rules to accommodate the creation of special threads for other podcasters and shows to feature content. It's time to evolve and unite rather than continue with the old-school territorial turf-protecting attitudes that breed so much in-fighting in the field.

Randall ,
Agree there is quiet pressure placed on those who have been spoken to and its not all written in ink rather given the nod going on the many eyewitness accounts including high level politicians, generals and scientist all who have discussed this with deep concerns of the threat. Which is a reality which all of humanity must except we are not the top of the food chain in tech.

Our Milky Way is full of life forms and when our World leaders stop worrying about the backlash in open discussion about other higher intelligence hope all humanity can travel the stars.

Arianespace and ESA announce Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer launch contract

Are we alone no they are here (deep) (Uranus Moons and Saturn Moons ) and they will admit we have evidence UAP have knocked out missile systems during the Cold War not just in the USA .

Ariane 5’s second launch of 2019

Will the top groups tell the folks we have highly advanced tech (we do) it will come out and its time for the UN to say enough is enough let out the truth. Will disclosure come from the US maybe rather more like a Commonwealth of nations speech in the next few years . Unless we have contact which already occurred ! or all out World conflict. Those who actually spoken to folks who seen and shared there true contact experiences with other military folks would understand. Like said many times Don and Gene on the money over the years. Also many of the pilots who seen the UAP were shaken up and did fear backlash.

One quote about the whole history "The calculations of the admirals who planned the enterprise were based on false premise" . J.C might be right ? US Navy should come out and tell the people you can't put Pandora back in the box. As missile tech operators who had encounters. Just think about it where would you target your opponents first encase they fire first. In addition , like Nick Pope says not all has been revealed its vast information and those who ridiculed those speaking out about ET shame on you ! Late Stan was right MJ exist and Mr Lazar was telling the truth they have his file.

I think Lazar may very well have been telling the truth according to his experience and perceptions, but I'm not convinced that his interpretation of those experiences and perceptions reflect an objective reality. Rather, I think it likely that Lazar was an unknowing disinformation agent who has relayed the disinformation exactly as intended and as he himself believes.

Similarly, I think the MJ-12 fiasco is was a disinformation campaign, but like all disinformation campaigns, there needs to be a healthy percentage of accuracy, and I think it's entirely possible that there really was ( maybe still is ) an MJ-12 style working group that knows a whole lot more about UFOs than we civilians.

I think Lazar may very well have been telling the truth according to his experience and perceptions, but I'm not convinced that his interpretation of those experiences and perceptions reflect an objective reality. Rather, I think it likely that Lazar was an unknowing disinformation agent who has relayed the disinformation exactly as intended and as he himself believes. Very possible and he not the only eyewitness to come forward.

Similarly, I think the MJ-12 fiasco is was a disinformation campaign, but like all disinformation campaigns, there needs to be a healthy percentage of accuracy, and I think it's entirely possible that there really was ( maybe still is ) an MJ-12 style working group that knows a whole lot more about UFOs than we civilians.

MJ-12 (Real ) and some of the documents ? Refer to the missing Project Blue Book files ( Stan) and Mr Lazar file was there! as many others in archived time locked vault. Remember keeping assets away from everyday folks and the C.I.A eyewitness who came forward which Don had on his great show not everything they saw is disinformation. Also more documents are coming no doubt and deepdown is some of the answers as Russia and China. Many eyewitness are Pilots , Submariners and othe ranks who don't make this stuff when it concerns them and their fellow servicemen and women which has implications on their families.

Dr Randall work is great although he not on the money on Roswell was the real deal and when a chap whose father ( whose family worked on top secrect projects in WW2 and during the Cold War etc ) was asked to check on the data from the crash who was so concerned of the material in the time lock and they have had contact which similar to other cases during 1970s , and the files are vast everyone looks up while deepdown.

He went on to work for US Private company and retired. He was part of number of US elite force . His fellow former Wartime buddies all got jobs in US companies and close to high profile politicians ine worked for the C.I.A. Just think about it why would high profile politicians, academics, military meet and talk about UAPs (UFOS) are clear and present danger! As any other threats to state security. Like many including Mr Pope would like to see this in the mainstream good or bad by those with classified material.

MJ-12 (Real ) and some of the documents ? Refer to the missing Project Blue Book files ( Stan) and Mr Lazar file was there! as many others in archived time locked vault ...

I'm not familiar with this time locked vault. Have you got a link or reference to where I can find out more about it? It sounds very interesting. @UFOs Northwest, have you heard anything about it ( BTW: Good ATP today. Two really interesting accounts. ) :cool:

Last edited:
No above top secret (Timonthy Good ) and remember going in for a meeting a large UAP photo on the wall behind the desk . Also having long chat to folks in charge of very sensitive areas which will stay with me as they asked to never repeat in public like Don take the oath seriously which late Stan kept saying in his speeches . Nuts and bolts are critical as other elements. Another time having a long discussion with WW2 and other fight pilots which UAP ( UFO) subject came up . Remember other fighter pilots and ground crew not US (who sees more than most folks think ) who did recover ME who spoke of encounters . Do I believe them yes and these disinformation experts will never change my mind. UAP (UFO ) are real . Also I have nothing to do with ATP and separate do I think they are doing the right thing indeed and all humanity should know we are not alone whatever they are. Randall, also regarding the UFO field and 1947 "THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY" CHAP 13 of TIMOTHY GOOD BOOK ABOVE TOP SECRET p.329. Also agree with Don on Ingo Swan which many in the UAP Field have tried to debunk his great work and RM is real and still active.

Last edited:
I discussed the following UFO cases on After the Paracast recorded 6/21/2019:

Melbourne Beach, FL - 1998
Light Came Up Beach,& Made a 90 Degree Turn & Disappeared Over Ocean.

Mount Gilhead, NC - Jan 20, 2018
Large Cigar Shaped Object With 5 Lights Spanning Length.

I provided a Bigelow Aerospace UFO Investigator With Information on the Following UFO Close Encounter Case in 2012:

5 Miles North of Mount Gilhead, OH - August 25, 2005
Woman is Sickened by Close Encounter With UFO. (See Witness Sketch of Object Below.)
ufodrawnew.gif

Back