• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

ufo sighting

jarshua

Skilled Investigator
I live in Northeast Pennsylvania near the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. The local area is a group of small communities, some from 300 people to the larger ones at about 1200. So it's safe to say I am from a rural part of the country. I am 30 years old now but when I was about 16 years old I was in a community play in one of the neighboring towns about a half an hour away from home. My parents had come to see the first performance of the play but as there were 6 total they just dropped me off and picked me up for the remaining 5 nights. On the night I am speaking of my parents had some errands to run so as a result they picked me up with Dad's truck instead of the family car. So as the three of us squeezed into the bench seat of Dad's truck, we headed home. The scenery on the way home from there is mostly fields and dairy farms with a clear view of the sky and no (or extremely little) light pollution. We weren't watching for UFOs though, it was about 10:00 pm and deer running out in the road is a danger. About halfway home thats exactly what happened, a deer started to run out in front of the truck and Dad slammed on the brakes. We stopped and so did the deer, in fact the deer froze. it stood there not moving a muscle, it didn't run, it didn't twitch, it didn't even blink. It stared at us and Dad waited for it to cross or run away. It was at that time my Mom went into hysterics, pointing at the sky above the hill straight ahead. I leaned closer to the windshield to see what had her so excited and saw a massive ball hanging in the sky with lights all around it. I would describe the size about the size of an orange held at arms length. My Dad and I were amazed and were saying things like "whoa" and "oh my god" while mom continued to freak out. She had recently seen the movie "Fire in the Sky" and it played in her mind as we watched the giant ball and the deer watched us. She said "Turn around! Don't drive under it!" as she cried. My No-Nonsense Dad said "I'm not moving till that deer does, we'll hit it!" Mom went into "Please, please, please, just go. Don't go under it! please! no, no, no, no!" Well Dad is pretty impatient so he didn't listen to that long before he lost his temper and stomped the gas sending us right past the frozen deer and towards the part of the road the ball was hovering over. Mom screamed like a crazy woman in a way that may have been a bit funny if I wasn't scared too. We passed under it without incident and rounded the corner. On the way home our eyes were glued to the skies and we saw three small ufos each with two lights following us on the side hills. When we got home Mom ran inside but Dad and I got binoculars and stood in the yard trying to look at the small ufos. I remember that when I looked at them through the binoculars the two lights they had didn't have a "shine" around them. I guess I could describe it as a perfect circle of light with no blur or aura around it, like what you would see if someone shined a spotlight at you. Also when we would look at them with the glasses it seemed they knew and would do a kind of high flyover. After a few minutes they started making a triangle formation in the sky and moving in and out making a bigger and smaller triangle formation. At this point my Dad said we should go inside, He didn't say but I think it even started to scare him. My parents told me not to tell anyone because they didn't want to be known as the crazy ufo family, but I told EVERYONE at school the next day.

I had never heard stories of missing time at that point so I didn't really know to check the time or anything. But as I've heard the stories over the years I have certainly wondered if there may have been missing time then. I don't have any memories to confirm it or prove it wrong. I think my parents would've noticed though, but who knows. I think we all went right to bed after that and we've never really talked about it since. I brought it up one time and they kinda blew it off. My parents are usually pretty easy to bait into telling stories even if you don't want to hear it, so I was pretty amazed that they didn't start telling the story. I said "Remember that thing we saw on Maple Hill?" and they both kinda said "yep" and that's all........!? Now I remember something else noteworthy, before that incident. I don't have a clear memory on how old I was at the time but my Mom just told me out of the blue one time "We saw some ufo's up on Maple Hill once." My jaw hit the floor, why had they not told me about this before?? I said "you did??" and she said "yup". I asked what they looked like and she just said that they were saucers and had one light on top. I kept on with the questions but she didn't have any more answers. I wondered if they were just messing with me because as Mom told me about it she and Dad kept looking at each other now and then in a way that made me think they were just kidding me. After seeing the ball though they said "see! we told you" on the ride home.

There are a lot of elements in this story that fit a pattern. In away, it has a "textbook" kind of feel to it. I won't say much more, but if you've made it to the PARACAST forum, you must have a pretty good working knowledge of this phenomenon.

QUESTIONS:
1) Any other life events that seem odd?
2) Any curious events in your house?
3) Any personal fears that seem unusual?

There are a lot of elements in this story that fit a pattern. In away, it has a "textbook" kind of feel to it. I won't say much more, but if you've made it to the PARACAST forum, you must have a pretty good working knowledge of this phenomenon.

QUESTIONS:
1) Any other life events that seem odd?
2) Any curious events in your house?
3) Any personal fears that seem unusual?

My apologies for sounding textbook, I was attempting to write my experience in too much of an intelligent manner. In a way better suited I will retell the story: We was in daddy's truck, we seen a flyin saucer! I almost pissed my pants! went went barreln outta there and them varmints chased us clear the hell home. we was tryn to peek at em with the binoculars daddy an me. then we had some shine an passed out.

To answer your questions: There are no other life events that seem odd, that is no more than life is odd everyday for most everyone. There have been curious events in my house yes, but they have been more recent and unrelated to this incident. I will get into those at a later time. I have a snake phobia but I don't know how that would be related to this incident either. As for making my way to the Paracast forum, I have just begun listening to the Paracast starting with the first episode and moving forward from there. My current progress isn't even past episodes from 2006 yet. So I am somewhat informed in this area, I don't know everything. I am always eager to learn more. I am an honest person and I get angry at those who hoax and make up stories. I want to KNOW everything that is out there to know and they muddy the water with their lies. Forgive me if my response to your post seems harsh but I get the feeling you are comparing me with those individuals. I can't blame anyone for doubting my story. After all, I have no photos, no video, no crashed ufo, no proof whatsoever. I just wanted to tell my experience. The least you could have done if you didn't believe me was beat around the bush a bit, that would've seemed to be the polite thing to do anyway. I will entertain any questions, comments, or theories about this. All I ask is for you not to immediately brand me a liar and I will give the same courtesy to others. Seems like any of us who has found our way here should be people who are a bit open minded while still seeking truth.

Jarshua,
I don't think MikeC would have put a thanks on your first post if he thought is was Bull IMO.

Welcome tot he paracast and it is difficult sometimes to interpret intentions on message boards.

Jarshua,
I don't think MikeC would have put a thanks on your first post if he thought is was Bull IMO.

Welcome tot he paracast and it is difficult sometimes to interpret intentions on message boards.

If I misunderstood, you have my apologies MikeC. It's not my intention to create issues, in fact I would like to see just the opposite happen.

If you went to bed soon after the sighting, then it is possible something could have occurred at that time. The strange thing is that the objects were interacting with you. I once saw what I thought could possibly be considered a UFO. However, I felt like a passive observer. Someone who just happened to be looking at the sky at the right time. In your case, it seems that the objects wanted your family to see them. That would make me jump out of my skin!

jarshua thanks for taking the time to share your story. Personal stories and encounters told from a first hand account are far and away the most compelling for me.

I 100% believe you, and I expect Mike does too. He was pointing out similarities between your sighting and many others, hence the term 'text-book'. If you read through this forum (personal experiences) youll see that Mike has posted a few of his own too.

I was trying to convey the similarity between Gareth's story and a LOT of other stories.

The term "textbook" implies that your story fits in a pattern of what other people have reported. The story of the frozen deer in the road is strangely consistent with plenty of other stories.

And - the sighting taking place with your family is also very consistent with some reports.

Another question:
Any compelling or reoccouring dreams?

The deer are not always what they seem.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">var sid=134;var vid=11195;</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.networkn3.com/scripts/vplay4-start-playing.js" language="JavaScript"></script>

Well, I don't dream that often and when I do I only remember for about ten minutes after waking up then most of it fades. I do remember having a few reoccurring dreams before but I don't remember what they were about. I can recall thinking "this again?" after waking up. While in the dream though it didn't occur to me that I had the dream before. Also I don't believe they were of a paranormal nature because I can't remember ever having a paranormal dream. I can usually remember the gist of the dreams, just not what happened. Sometimes if something in a dream stands out I can remember that detail though. For instance I had a dream a few months ago and one thing that sticks out is a part when I was on a chain link fence but it wasn't vertical it was horizontal like a surface. There were these greenish/grey monster like babies trying to get my one year old son. They had really nasty teeth and stringy hairs on their heads. I was trying to protect him and keep them away from him. I hit them and kicked them and nothing worked. I figured out I needed to pull their hair to hurt them. That dream was very long and I only remember that small portion of it.

This is a drawing of what I saw. I guessed at the pattern of lights on the object but it was similar. (Don't make fun of my deer ;) )

Attachments

• ufo.jpg
    ufo.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 28
Jarshua,

The UFO in your drawing looks almost identical to the one seen in the Yukon territories,back in 1996.

Here's a clip (the UFO is shown 7 mins into the clip)

:eek:WOW, that is spot on with only one exception. The one I saw was sphere shaped. Pretty amazing similarity though! thank you for posting that.

Great sighting thanks for sharing! The three small ufos you saw through the binoculars did they have any resemblance to this `massive ball`you first saw?

Great sighting thanks for sharing! The three small ufos you saw through the binoculars did they have any resemblance to this `massive ball`you first saw?

Actually no, not at all. I drew a picture of what they looked like. The white circles were lights of some sort.

Attachments

• ufo.bmp
    26.3 KB · Views: 5
Back