• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO sighting Jan 16th 1998

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
Me and my wife have a morning habbit unless it rains or snows we go running thu Vilas park flanking lake wingra here in madison. that morning I rember it was chilly not super cold. and we were joind by my wife's dad. we reached the mid point of the park and here was tis craft coming over the lake it was black no windows it looked like a B2 bomber in shape except the edges were pointed not rounded and it had no lights. the thig was narow at the front tip and wide at the back some what like a star detroyer from star wars. this thing was moving slowly in a stedy course not drifting at all. we stopped my wife said "what the hell is that?" I said "I think its a B2" her dad was quiet. my wife said "I don't think I read about any fly ins.' then her dad said "I think it's one of those UFO's I read about i never thought I ever see one." my wife said "Dad? there is no such things as flying saucers." we watched it untill it flew beyond the tree line and out of sight. when we got back I called Truax feild and learned there was No B2 fly ins sceduled. no air shows featuring a B2 and above all NO RUNWAYS in southren wisconsin that would land a B2. as time went on i did more checking the air force reseve unit in madison did some calling around again no B2 no exotic aircraft was flying over madison that day. again and again I tried and got the same story NO aircraft matching this was flown over madison.
now as to what i beleve I saw:
I think what I saw was one of OUR craft an experimental plane. that the airforce won't tell me about.
my wife thinks the same thing
and her dad thinks he saw an alien spaceship. and for all I know he might be right. im open to the possability.
BOB

Well told, Bob. I did get a tingling feeling as I read it. Don't let your father in law get too far down the rabbit hole, though. Great story, and I was visualizing the video you posted on another thread that you said was of an object that resembled your sighting. But you said yours was closer, so I imagine all three of you were a bit stupefied with a what the heck feeling. Were there any other people nearby you could have yelled at? Eerie story. Kim

Any chance it looked like the black thing at the bottom of the pic ? ;)

Nuremberg.jpg

Ancient Aliens | Ancient Alien Battle Over Germany

here it is almost perfect of what we saw! no lights no tail fins and no vanishing but this is the closest I come to the craft in question. I showed this to my wife and she agrees this very close to what we saw.

The vid? I am nor sure if it is real. I grsbed it off of you tube after trying to find somethine close to what I saw. If its a fske I'm sorry itrying to let ppl get an idea of what we saw that day the vid is very close to it.

we watched it untill it flew beyond the tree line and out of sight.

So it flew in a steady, unbroken line as a normal plane would? Nothing unusual, like sudden acceleration or turns? Or was there some hovering and manoeuvering like in the video? Which I guess is a very well done hoax, but these days who knows.

As for your father-in-law, if he said he thought it was a UFO that of course doesn't automatically mean he thought "alien spaceship". I think we have discussed that once or twice already. I mean where's the aliens in "Unidentified Flying Object"?

No hovering or any kind of turns nothing a normal aircraft would not do.as for my father in law he he told others that he saw a craft that "was not built by humans"and "was not from earth"
I tend to beleve the craft we saw was some sort of aircraft that was built by US. The reasons I beleve this is the fact the craft behaved as a plane would BUT since it was not readly identifiable it remains a UFO and no aliens are involved...

Thanks. I agree that if it didn't show any "unusual" behavior, Occam's razor would cut off the extraterrestrial part and leave us with something man-made. Still there is the question why after about 14 years, there doesn't seem to be any official airplane of that description. Well, maybe they want to use it some more before showing it off.

I kept an eye out all these years for the gov to revel such a craft.qestion I will always have.
1. If it was top secret plane why have it fly over a city?
2.. why no windows or lights?
3.why no markings or any thing that said "just a plane."

I kept an eye out all these years for the gov to revel such a craft.qestion I will always have.

That would kind of point to remote control. Spy drone maybe ? Cool thing about remote controlled craft is that they can do crazy maneuvers since they don't carry humans ;)

As a witness to the object in question I have read my husbands account of that morning and state that to the best of my memory the account is true and correct. I wish my Dad would stop thinking it is aliens.

Maybe they were testing it's stealth capability...seeing if they could go over a heavily populated area without detection. Then when they are detected they blow off the reports as being made by wacko-doodle UFO nuts.

Like me.

I once lived near an Air Force base with constant air traffic. Most of it was dedicated to pilot training. Aircraft were usually recognizable or familiar looking--T-38's, T-37's, large cargo planes etc.

For a period of one to two months, and on an almost daily basis, what appeared to be a corporate style jet aircraft was seen to fly odd patterns around the base at low altitude and slow speed. The most unusual thing about the craft was its color--a very matte black. I don't recall seeing markings. The windows had a silvered, or reflective appearance.

This hardly qualifies as "high strangeness". But it did seem a little weird for a densely populated area.

Back