• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO seen on Google maps

Shouldn't there be a shadow on the road or at least nearby? I think it was photoshopped. Why would a UFO look like a rusty old pair of pliers, anyway? To remind us of trips to the dentist? What's the point of that? And speaking of Google, I think they are kind of unstable. They changed their name for one day recently. To "Topeka." WTF?

Shouldn't there be a shadow on the road or at least nearby? I think it was photoshopped. Why would a UFO look like a rusty old pair of pliers, anyway? To remind us of trips to the dentist? What's the point of that? And speaking of Google, I think they are kind of unstable. They changed their name for one day recently. To "Topeka." WTF?

'Unstable' as in losing their grip?-maybe that's what the pliers are for?!:p

i read a topic on this one before , can't remember the website but the guy actually made a map of there flight paths >_> i'll try find the website and i'll post the link here

If I recall correctly, TOPEKA city council had a temporary name change to Google:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190601/topeka_thats_google_kansas_to_you.html

The Google swap to Topeka was an April Fool's joke detailed at an ABC news link here:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h-G-thdcKiR6kAhM6j_N1BYb2ekQD9EQEF2G1

It pays to do some research around the beginning of April :D

I guess I should have added some winking smileys to what I thought was an obvious reference to an obvious joke. It's not like I didn't know we all have different ideas of what is obvious, after all.

Anyway, the flying giant pliers are just one more example of the sense of humor Google displays regularly. That is a refreshing thing to see in a corporate entity.

Back