• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ufo Roundtable/Betty Hill

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
Hi. I noticed it was ask why Betty and Barney would make up such a story on a recent show with Jeff, and Royce and have a few comments on the matter.

Since I was a child and first learned of the case, something immediately came to mind, and sticks with me to this day. That is, a possible reason for an interracial couple to fabricate a story of encountering ETs. Stories of aliens is a good way to make us feel more at one with other races of humans (by contrast). Betty and Barney might have hoped that their story would make us view blacks and whites less differently. Recall when Regan made the statement about how if we found ourselves threatened by an alien threat, that we would no longer see ourselves as different and unite etc.? Same sort of thing could have occurred to Betty and Barney.

I'm not convinced this is the case, but wanted to offer this notion since I've never heard anyone else express it.

Again, I am not saying Betty or Barny are liars. I do not know if they are telling the truth or not.

Ufo Roundtable/Betty Hill/Ufo Connection interview

I came across a 50-55 min video interview with Betty Hill here

Wasn't sure if I should make another thread for it or not, so placed it here. Hope people see it though. Doesn't seem like this thread is too busy. So I'll leave it to the mods if they think it's better suited somewhere else.

What do you all make of the account that the ets spoke with their mouths? This is an extremely rare occurrence in abductions (not to be confused with contactee cases please).

Anyone know if all the audio recordings of the hypnotic sessions with Betty and Barney have been uploaded to the net? I've never heard the whole thing through I don't think. Only bits and pieces off tv shows over the years etc.

During the show I linked, Betty takes a break and the host rambles a bit. She states that no one has punched a hole in the case for 40 years which would place the show close to the present since the incident happened in 61. However the show looks like it was from the 80s to me. Anyone know when this show was done?

Betty talks about seeing ufos after the experience. Sounds like this was frequent. Wonder why she didn't bother to carry a camera with her and get some pics.

http://www.nicap.org/hillradarweak.htm

HILL RADAR-UFO CONNECTION WEAK
By Richard Hall

(2/2/05 Note: This article was in MUFON UFO Journal No. 140, October 1979.)

In the July MUFON UFO Journal (No. 137) some comments about a radar sighting apparently coinciding with the famous 1961 Hill abduction case in New Hampshire were excerpted from a longer article by Patricia McMahon. Ms. McMahon reported that the Project Blue Book files contained a reference to the radar sighting, but not the full report.

David Webb has since informed the Journal that in 1970 Betty Hill obtained copies of the Air Force intelligence reports on the radar incident and made copies available to the Massachusetts investigators. Dave forwarded copies of these, plus internal investigation reports by Walter Webb (May 29, 1972) and John Oswald (January 1976) indicating that the radar track and Hill incident, despite the coincidence in time, probably were unrelated. The Journal was unaware of these reports and regrets perpetuating the story that the UFO in the Hill case may have been tracked on radar, No evidence for this has been found.

The Air Force report, dated 20 September 1961, reads as follows:

0614 (Z?) OBSERVED UNIDENTIFIED A/C COME ON PAR (PRECISION APPROACH RADAR AT PEASE AFB-ED) 4 MILES OUT. A/C MADE APPROACH AND PULLED UP AT 1/2 MILE. SHORTLY AFTER OBSERVED WEAK TARGET ON DOWNWIND, THEN RADAR CTC (CONTACT-ED } LOST. TWR (TOWERED.) WAS ADVISED OF THE A/C WHEN IT WAS ON FINAL, THEN WHEN IT MADE LOW APPROACH. TWR UNABLE TO SEE ANY A/C AT ANY TIME.

Oswald's report illustrates the runways and approach patterns at the Air Force base. The report indicates that some unidentified "aircraft" (possibly a UFO, but doing nothing extraordinary) was detected by radar in the Pease AFB landing pattern. However, this was at low level some 80 miles away from the "abduction" site and is not even a strong radar case, so that any link with the Hill incident is purely conjectural.

Assertions by Betty Hill that several radar sets tracked a UFO and that Air Force pilots chased it are based purely on her memory of verbal statements by acquaintances, and no documentation exists in support of them. The radar sighting at Pease AFB is not even clearly a UFO nor is it clearly connected with the Hill incident, and no other documentation is known at the present time.

(Note: Readers having important information bearing on cases discussed in the Journal are urged to submit it, either for publication or for backgound information. Please do not assume that we are omniscient.)

Here's info. on another lie detector test taken by Betty Hill and a little on the star map etc.

http://archive.alienzoo.com/alienabduction/bettyhillabduction.html

{As an aside: For those fans of the Billy Meier case, notice how Wendelle Stevens is reported to have made a book on beings from Zeti Reticuli. Note that according to BM supporters all other abductions are false and the beings do not come from ZR. Wendelle is one of the investigators they like to praise and has been a BM supporter for many years. See ufo glossary for list of Wendelle's books http://www.steelmarkonline.com/glossary_iz.htm }

I'm currently trying to re-find a interesting debate I read many years ago between a group of researchers and "skeptics" (including Carl Sagan) on the star map. I haven't been able to find it. Anyone know what I am referring to?

A.LeClair said:
I'm currently trying to re-find a interesting debate I read many years ago between a group of researchers and "skeptics" (including Carl Sagan) on the star map. I haven't been able to find it. Anyone know what I am referring to?

Hi,

I assume you are referring to the article on Betty Hill's "star map" entitled ?The Zeta Reticula Incident? by Terence Dickinson which appeared in the December 1974 issue of Astronomy magazine, with commentaries by Jeffrey L. Kretsch, Carl Sagan, Steven Soter, Robert Sheaffer, Marjorie Fish, David Saunders and Michael Peck.

The complete text available online on various websites, including:
The Zeta Reticuli Incident
ZETA RETICULI INCIDENT
THE ZETA RETICULI INCIDENT By Terence Dickinson with related commentary by: Jeffrey L. Kre

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

IsaacKoi said:
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the article on Betty Hill's "star map" entitled ?The Zeta Reticula Incident? by Terence Dickinson which appeared in the December 1974 issue of Astronomy magazine, with commentaries by Jeffrey L. Kretsch, Carl Sagan, Steven Soter, Robert Sheaffer, Marjorie Fish, David Saunders and Michael Peck.

The complete text available online on various websites, including:
The Zeta Reticuli Incident
ZETA RETICULI INCIDENT
THE ZETA RETICULI INCIDENT By Terence Dickinson with related commentary by: Jeffrey L. Kre

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

Yes, I think this is it. Thank you VERY much, I've really had a hard time locating this. Thanks again.

Back