• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO on ocean floor?

I've seen this report before, I think it's maybe a month or two old. Funny how the discoverers were just going to walk away from it. Kind of makes me wonder what else has been walked away from in the search for profit.

There is some speculation it may be one of these

novgorod1.jpg

The russians played with this design as a gun platform before deciding it was too hard to manouver

novgorod3.jpg

MAR1031198.jpg

Thanks Mike, that's an awesome find. Possibly the most insane ship design I've ever seen though-ridiculous drag and I'm not sure you'd be able to maneuver that craft at all...I mean, where's the keel?

Dubbed the ugliest warship ever built at the time LOL

Russian monitor Novgorod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The perceived advantage of the circular hull form was that a shallow-draught vessel could be built with a greater displacement; a small ship could then carry the same armament as a much larger vessel with a more typical hull form.[2] For comparison, a 100-foot-long (30 m) by 13-foot-beam (4.0 m) and 13-foot-draught vessel would only displace about 2,500 tons.

Novgorod and her near-sister Rear Admiral Popov proved poorly designed in use. They pitched and rolled excessively, even in moderate seas.[2] They were slow, poorly maneuverable, and vulnerable to plunging fire. Worst though, was that the off-axis recoil of the guns would impart a centrifugal rotation to the ship.[2] In operational use, these ships would have to throw their single rudder hard over during firing, to act as "water brakes".

These are reported as being 30m wide, while the artifact is supposedly 40m.
But i still think there is a chance this is what they will find

Thanks Mike, that's an awesome find. Possibly the most insane ship design I've ever seen though-ridiculous drag and I'm not sure you'd be able to maneuver that craft at all...I mean, where's the keel?
looks like there are 12 keels in the diagram above.

Back