• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO landing in Ruwa, South Africa

spanmexguy

Paranormal Novice
Hey Gene, why not do a show on the Ruwa landing? It has got to be one of the most authentic landing cases and I rarely hear anything being talked about it.

Thanks!

If you do Gene, I know someone who travelled there last year, tracked down the teacher and most of the surviving students (all now adults) and has a ton of high-quality interview footage, most of which I've seen. He has a lot of detail which they never publicly spoke of before - like details of the abduction content of the encounter, which was substantial.

I won't post the film-maker's name on the forum but will ask him to call you if you're ever interested to pursue it as show material.

As you know John Mack also went to investigate for himself and met the witnesses back in the 90s. During the trip, like my friend referred to above Mack also met and interviewed Credo Mutwa (is Mutwa really believable? Dunno...) whose take on the abduction phenomenon is written up in "Passport to the Cosmos."

If you do Gene, I know someone who travelled there last year, tracked down the teacher and most of the surviving students (all now adults) and has a ton of high-quality interview footage, most of which I've seen. He has a lot of detail which they never publicly spoke of before - like details of the abduction content of the encounter, which was substantial.

I won't post the film-maker's name on the forum but will ask him to call you if you're ever interested to pursue it as show material.

As you know John Mack also went to investigate for himself and met the witnesses back in the 90s. During the trip, like my friend referred to above Mack also met and interviewed Credo Mutwa (is Mutwa really believable? Dunno...) whose take on the abduction phenomenon is written up in "Passport to the Cosmos."

Yes, please send me an email about this, so I can follow up.

I've always been interested in a follow-up to this. Wasn't there 62 kids involved or something like that? Anytime there's multiple witnesses to entities that always draws my interest and I've wondered if their stories have stayed consistent since becoming adults (Or if maybe one of them has said, "Meh, it never happened. We were kids playing a prank."). However, I was unaware that there was an abduction component. Was that added later?

I've always been interested in a follow-up to this. Wasn't there 62 kids involved or something like that? Anytime there's multiple witnesses to entities that always draws my interest and I've wondered if their stories have stayed consistent since becoming adults (Or if maybe one of them has said, "Meh, it never happened. We were kids playing a prank."). However, I was unaware that there was an abduction component. Was that added later?

Yeah, it's a big case. Because it happened in a remote part of Zimbabwe, very few European or American investigators have been there to check it out and interview the witnesses for themselves - which at the end of the day is the only way you can be sure of anything. There WAS an abduction involved, which is why the case intrigued John Mack so much.

Interviews with primary witnesses are now on hi-def film, and should be in the public domain sometime in the next year or so depending on the film-maker's plans for release. I mailed him today about it.

I know that there was fairly recent subsequent follow up on the students that witnessed the event although I'm not sure the year this was done. None of them ever changed their story to my understanding. I'll have to poke around some but there is video out there right now that shows the now grown up kids retelling the events. I think at one point the videos were posted here in the forums so I'll try and do a search.

I also didn't know there was an abduction involved. I thought all the students returned to their teachers (who were inside during the landing) to tell the story. So no adults witnessed this, just the kids.

I would love to hear more about this case. It's recent with multiple witnesses (although admittedly just children). I don't know if there is any physical evidence. But one thing that made me a bit skeptical is that the drawing the kids did. From my recollection, they didn't all seem to match up very well with some of the others. The criticism to this case is that it was a stunt conjured by the students. I don't know exactly what to think but I thought it was interesting when I read about it.

As a side note Nancy Talbot mentioned a long time ago on a PC interview that she was witness to a UFO event that showed up at her school when she was a child and "paralyzed" everyone temporarily. Does anyone remember this?? I don't know what kind of creedence she carries anymore but thought it was interesting because it also involved a school. True?? I really don't know. We'd have to have more details but thought I'd mention it.

I would love to hear more about this case. It's recent with multiple witnesses (although admittedly just children). I don't know if there is any physical evidence. But one thing that made me a bit skeptical is that the drawing the kids did. From my recollection, they didn't all seem to match up very well with some of the others. The criticism to this case is that it was a stunt conjured by the students. I don't know exactly what to think but I thought it was interesting when I read about it.

For what it's worth, the accounts of these children add more credibility, in my opinion. If you watch the interviews, they seem sincere and the differences in accounts are typical of any group of people describing an event.

We'll never know what the hell happened there and their recollections matter less now than then. Still, it seems like something truly unusual occurred and what they say they saw sounds believable. Definitely bizarre and out of the ordinary.

Back