• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO knocking out Minuteman Missile on film?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
Does anybody have anymore information on what they are arguing about here?

One of the guests (Dr. Jacobs - and no, not the guy that was just on The Paracast) was an officer in the Air Force at the time and they were filming a missile launch from Vandenburgh(sp?) AFB. He claims that the next day the officer in charge called him into private to view the film. On the film he said a flying saucer came into frame and fired 4 blasts of a plasma ray at the dummy warhead and then took off out of frame. Then he says he was warned about ever talking about it and that the CIA confiscated the film.

Anybody know anymore about this Dr. Jacobs or the incident in question? I believe it happened it 1966.

One of the guests (Dr. Jacobs - and no, not the guy that was just on The Paracast) was an officer in the Air Force at the time and they were filming a missile launch from Vandenburgh(sp?) AFB. He claims that the next day the officer in charge called him into private to view the film. On the film he said a flying saucer came into frame and fired 4 blasts of a plasma ray at the dummy warhead and then took off out of frame. Then he says he was warned about ever talking about it and that the CIA confiscated the film.

Anybody know anymore about this Dr. Jacobs or the incident in question? I believe it happened it 1966.

This could be helpful to you - audio below:

Best wishes.

Not sure what you wanna know but this is quite a well known ufo story. A great one if true.

Definitely not an open ad shut case. Before drawing any conclusions, I always plug the word "debunked" into a search to see what the alternative views are. I did this some time ago for this case and suggest that you start here:

‘Buzzing Bee’ Missile Mythology Flies Again - CSI

"In a nutshell, the Atlas launch to the Kwajalein atoll included deployment of two decoy reentry vehicles (RVs) intended to confuse enemy defensive radars. Our photography showed that the decoys did not deploy properly after the main propulsion phase ended and were surrounded by pieces of Styrofoam packing from their launch tubes. Thus, the “real” warhead, released before the decoys and without the packing, stuck out like a sore thumb. The Strategic Air Command (SAC) headquarter analysts subsequently recognized this as a shortcoming of a major weapons system and classified the film as top secret."

Source:

Kingston A. George

Physicist/Engineer Kingston A. George accepted an Air Force civil service position as an operations analyst in 1961 at Vandenberg AFB and retired in 1990 as chief of safety in Santa Maria, California. He worked on a wide variety of optical, radar, and telemetry tracking systems during his tenure and was a nationally recognized expert on such systems, continuing as a consultant until recently.​

Last edited:
Definitely not an open ad shut case. Before drawing any conclusions, I always plug the word "debunked" into a search to see what the alternative views are. I did this some time ago for this case and suggest that you start here:

‘Buzzing Bee’ Missile Mythology Flies Again - CSI

"In a nutshell, the Atlas launch to the Kwajalein atoll included deployment of two decoy reentry vehicles (RVs) intended to confuse enemy defensive radars. Our photography showed that the decoys did not deploy properly after the main propulsion phase ended and were surrounded by pieces of Styrofoam packing from their launch tubes. Thus, the “real” warhead, released before the decoys and without the packing, stuck out like a sore thumb. The Strategic Air Command (SAC) headquarter analysts subsequently recognized this as a shortcoming of a major weapons system and classified the film as top secret."

Source:

Kingston A. George

Physicist/Engineer Kingston A. George accepted an Air Force civil service position as an operations analyst in 1961 at Vandenberg AFB and retired in 1990 as chief of safety in Santa Maria, California. He worked on a wide variety of optical, radar, and telemetry tracking systems during his tenure and was a nationally recognized expert on such systems, continuing as a consultant until recently.​
That was great and very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Back