• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Hunters getting better this season?

digigeek

Pompetus of Love
Over the holidays, I saw a really great episode of UFO Hunters.

In the past, I have been a bit of a critic of the show due to poor story selection (complete bull-crap stories like the guy who wrecked the plane in CA because of the UFO - we had a long thread about that long ago), really bad continuity(they'd mention a potentially juicy piece of evidence and then completely abandon it with no more mention of it), etc.

The "LOST UFO FILES" episode was about James McDonald's files. It was really well done, had continuity, and made good arguments. Excellent show!

Bill B, if you read this, nice job! Keep up this level of work, man. You guys really made solid arguments that warrant a lot of consideration and should make people take these cases seriously.

I have to admit, the Macdonald episode wasn't bad. I hope they figure out a way to be interesting without insulting intelligent viewers with stupid razzle-dazzle gimmicky storytelling.

Anyway, the inter-generational transfer of UFO knowledge is very important; the high stakes seem to drive a lot of heated personality disputes. Can't speak for Gene & David, but I feel they're so focused on "separating signal from noise" because they don't want the younger generation to inherit a bunch of crap.

So hurrah for Macdonald, and hurrah for UFO Hunters for introducing him to a new generation.

Really? OK, I'll set TIVO to get it then. I had completely given up on that show and forever cast Birnes into the rubbish bin.

I haven't been paying attention to it. Let me know if it stays good, or ok. I got a dvr for xmas, haven't made much use out of it. I don't watch much tv, but would like to if there is actually something on.

I agree that was a really good episode, and the new season has been a bit better so far. They even got rid of Doc Brown!

I really liked seeing them open up the Aurora well finally, though they could have done a better job scraping the inside of that thing out for any evidence. Finding the grave was interesting too, yet also frustrating since they still can't excavate it.

There's nothing else new you can be entertained with on the subject, so I appreciate the show even with it's glaring flaws (Bill B. being the biggest flaw in particular).

Back