• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Downloads

You'll find nothing much there but B.S. - let's see, Val Valerian (AFOSI, Chemtrail conspiracy creator), Lear (hoaxer), Branton (homophobe/rascist, ), Hamilton, Schneider - almost reads as a listing of who's who when it comes to UFO Disinformation.

My advice - look at most of this as representing the "dark side" of Ufology. The worst of the worst...

I am just getting into "researching" abuduction stuff. :) I've always had an interest but put it off to mainly dreams and other things. Anyway, I found this site and free u.f.o. magazine downloads.

http://www.crowdedskies.com/download_documents.htm

Hiya Tyder, I've been doing the same thing in the past couple of months. It started as curiosity and I expected to see some big gap in the plausibility of the abduction phenomena. A lot of it is questionable imo and there are some seriously dark personalities in the field. The MiLab stuff is too much to swallow. So far, the compass is still pointing to 'parts unknown' and some aspects of the abduction lore seem to point to something unusual and worthy of serious study.

In your link, there are some very dodgy characters who helped create the 'dark side of ufology.' Don Ecker has first hand experience of these guys on the BBS of the late 80s and early 90s. Branton and Schneider in particular.

There's a website that's archived some of the threads from back then.... http://www.textfiles.com/ufo/

They're well worth a read to see what the hell was going on in ufology in the late 80s. Some familiar names are in these vaults. I've been dipping in there for some modern day ufology 101 for a couple of years now. I wonder who's paying to keep the site going?

Thanks guys. I honestly don't know that much about the "players" in the abduction stuff. I was just surfing and came across a site about Raymond Fowler and then somehow kept going with links and came across the one I linked here. :)

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I gonna check out the textfiles link. :cool:

I do know about scribd but I wasn't sure of how to "judge" the content. I have an account and I have seen some interesting stuff.

I do know about scribd but I wasn't sure of how to "judge" the content. I have an account and I have seen some interesting stuff.

Yeah, there's a lot of nonsense there. But there's some good stuff as well. Check out ufowatchdog.com and see what you can find from the guys in the fame list. Another good resource are the MUFON journals. You can download all of the issues from the beginning through 2008 at theblackvault.com:

Category:MUFON Journals - The Black Vault Encyclopedia Project

Unfortunately CUFOS isn't interested in putting up their journals for free on the internet (And considering that the MUFON journals stop at 2008 I don't know if there will be anymore freebies from there either.). Ditto NICAP's journals which are owned by CUFOS. And last I heard the entire APRO archive is locked up in some guy's garage.

I've been doing the same thing in the past couple of months. It started as curiosity and I expected to see some big gap in the plausibility of the abduction phenomena.

I just picked up Kevin Randle's - The Abduction Enigma and the Will to Believe this weekend along with John Micheal Greer's The UFO Phenomena: Fact, Fantasy, and Disinformation. I find the "abduction" subject fascinating as well. I think it has been inseparable in my mind from the UFO phenomena in general since reading The Interrupted Journey in the 60's. I still don't know what to make of it. I've corresponded with individuals who say it has happened or is continuing to happen to them. It is not unlike my experience of encountering people in the Charismatic or Holy Ghost movement who said God, Jesus, Satan, Angels, or Demons were talking to or interacting with them. I think the alien/ufo motif is similar to the god/signs motif in that it is another overlay used by the human mind to interpret something the true nature of which we don't really understand at this point.

I think the alien/ufo motif is similar to the god/signs motif in that it is another overlay used by the human mind to interpret something the true nature of which we don't really understand at this point.

I gotta say my mind is struggling to see its way through all this stuff. It's open and critical, but where's the solid reality or touchstones? Where are the bits and pieces that we can be certain are true or real and how the hell do we define either term? It's like orienteering, where we navigate from point A to point B using landmarks as reference. Frustratingly, the landmarks can be mirages and the points might not exist. Asking for directions is hit and miss and liable to lead us into the swamps.

I like to think that everything is explainable and understandable given the facts and information. It just seems like there's too little of each...

Even knowing why some of us have this itch to find out is a mystery all by itself.

Back