• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Docu:on John Mack,Abductions,and Contact in Ruwa,Zimbabwe...

Cosmic Ejaculator 1814

~Trout Mask Replica~
Just found this cool documentary up on youtube.It focuses on the late great John Mack's work on abduction and contact cases;including the classic encounter in Ruwa,Zimbabwe(94).Where 62 schoolchildren witnessed a landed craft with a humanoid standing beside it.(The Ruwa case is covered in part.3)

pt.1
pt.2
pt.3
pt.4
pt.5
pt.6

Let's imagine for a moment that there are no "aliens". Nothing is charting its way across the heavens or jumping from one dimension to the next to harass our fellow human beings. Then what the hell is going on? How are these people coming up with what is essentially the same set of hallucinations and delusions? And if it isn't some life-form or manipulative energy, than isn't the fact that so many people have been reporting these things for so long an enormous issue for our species? Frustrating. . .

A recent poster asked for our favorite (?) UFO case. I opted for Ruwa and its school children. This merely reinforces that choice. I thought I'd seen every clip of the children being interviewed until I watched this. I want someone at CNN to run those clips and come on afterword, with eerie music and take pokes at those kids' credibility or sanity. The public would fire-bomb their Atlanta offices.
These children are (were), at least in my opinion, the most credible UFO/Alien witness' I've ever seen interviewed. The shock, truama, terror and confusion manifested in their words and their eyes would be near impossible for anyone to fake so convincingly- let alone young, rural children. We are not talking about "lights in the sky" here. These children say that they had close contact with these things and that there was some sort of communication. . .that they can't even comprehend.
Thank you so much for digging this up and posting it, CE. As you know from our discussions, Ruwa (of all cases) haunts me and this further information is much appreciated.

Let's imagine for a moment that there are no "aliens". Nothing is charting its way across the heavens or jumping from one dimension to the next to harass our fellow human beings. Then what the hell is going on? How are these people coming up with what is essentially the same set of hallucinations and delusions? And if it isn't some life-form or manipulative energy, than isn't the fact that so many people have been reporting these things for so long an enormous issue for our species? Frustrating. . .

A recent poster asked for our favorite (?) UFO case. I opted for Ruwa and its school children. This merely reinforces that choice. I thought I'd seen every clip of the children being interviewed until I watched this. I want someone at CNN to run those clips and come on afterword, with eerie music and take pokes at those kids' credibility or sanity. The public would fire-bomb their Atlanta offices.
These children are (were), at least in my opinion, the most credible UFO/Alien witness' I've ever seen interviewed. The shock, truama, terror and confusion manifested in their words and their eyes would be near impossible for anyone to fake so convincingly- let alone young, rural children. We are not talking about "lights in the sky" here. These children say that they had close contact with these things and that there was some sort of communication. . .that they can't even comprehend.
Thank you so much for digging this up and posting it, CE. As you know from our discussions, Ruwa (of all cases) haunts me and this further information is much appreciated.

I agree with you,Noanswers.These are some of the most believable Close Encounter testimonies on record,and it's a real shame that the case hasn't received more attention here in the West.Let's hope that this all changes once the new documentary premieres.It'll be fascinating to see how these children (now young adults) have managed to assimilate this experience into their lives,and what they think of it now - 15 years later.

One of the aspects of this case that I find so intriguing,is that it's one of the few that I've heard about where the "greys" are involved in a non-abduction related contact.I'm sure there are others,but they're few and far between...

This story is so bizarre,Noanswers.It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.I mean,the behavior of these "aliens" is just plain absurd.Why do they always act so "irrationally"? Instead of just walking up and saying "hi",they run around in the woods - like chickens with their heads cut off - before making "fire & brimstone" prophesies to little 8-12 year old kids.What can it all mean?
It kind of reminds me of what Jacques Vallee once wrote;about how this phenomenon masks itself to the Elites & Intelligensia,by acting absurd,but at the same time manages to imprint powerful symbolic/archetypal images into the (pop)culture and societal "Mass Mind",by using "proxys" like little children.
Another thing I've noticed,is the similarity between the seemingly irrational "randomness" of the "aliens" behavior and the irratic flightpattern of their "crafts".Is there a clue there?Could this be a hint that maybe the consciousness of the being is,in some way,connected to the guidance-system of the craft? An interesting possibility...

Alright CE, now its my turn to be sick. I've got some kind of bug that is kicking my butt.

In keeping with your above posts, I agree that it will be very interesting to see where these children are today both physically and psychologically. How have they done, what have they done and are they sticking to the original story? Apparently the filmmaker has found at least some of them and initial reports are that none of the children has recanted his or her story. We're talking about almost 19 years. You'd think at least one of them would say the whole thing was bunk, just to put it behind them.
On top of that, as you know, I've had contact with someone in the area who has spoken to the now adult school children of Ruwa. She reports that some of them look back on the event as an extremely positive event in the scheme of their lives, yet some others feel that is was horror personified. In one case, a grown woman who was in the yard that day has trouble going out of doors on her own. The fear of what happened appears to run deep.
As I told you before, I think you raise some really important points in your posts on this subject, but I've got to beg off for the night (9:00 in AZ). Hopefully I feel better in the morning over a cup of black-tar coffee and will be able to weigh in some more.

Sometimes it's useful to remind myself that this actually happens. Whatever the events represent, they happen more or less as reported. That blows my friggin mind, man.

The academic community just ignorantly dismisses it all. We hate truth.

Sometimes it's useful to remind myself that this actually happens. Whatever the events represent, they happen more or less as reported. That blows my friggin mind, man.

The academic community just ignorantly dismisses it all. We hate truth.

To Chuckleberry's point: Sometimes Mack's writing and/or interviews come off a big "new-agey" for my tastes, but at the same time he made a point very much akin to Chuckleberry's. Mack's idea, if I'm reading it correctly, is that when humanity bought into the Age of Reason, not only did we abandon a deeper understanding of the possible "otherness" of reality, but it abandoned us as well- at least how we'd known it up to that time.

You're right, CE. This case is bizarre! The bizarre one's are those that get my attention. As you cited in one of our private discussions, it seems a lot like the pancake story from many years ago.

This story is full of inconsistancies, inconsistancies in terms of other CE4 cases, not on the part of childrens recollections of what they experienced. Think of everything that differs from the common CE4/abduction trope:

-It took place in broad daylight, not in the middle of the night-roused from slumber

-It was a group of 62 people, as opposed to a lone individual

-Some of the children said the beings look "surprised to see us", usually it is the human that is beyond shock at the encounter

-Although it may not have been thoroughly investigated, it appears that none of the children were "abducted" in the classic sense, whereas in "common" abduction scenarios there is a workman like intent on the part of the others

-While some of the children mention seeing the craft come down and hearing its noises, in other interviews I've seen, they say it was just there and it appears it was in a thoroughly wooded area

-Lastly, the children speak of the "aliens" having longish black hair, while they do note the almond shaped eyes, the hair takes this, at least to my mind, out of the standard encounter with a living being

So, the question is, why is this case different?

One thought that keeps crossing my mind is that Vallee and some the other proponents of the dimensional theory and vibrations (Stringfield?) may be closer to an answer than we know. What if we do live in a multi-dimensional realty and there are other living things within this framework that can manipulate and/or create openings between these dimensions? Would it not stand to reason that on occasion there may be slips or accidents where objects, animate and otherwise, cross through unintentionally? Is it possible that these things were in fact quite surprised to see the children, because they didn't expect to see them any more than the children expected these little things to invade their yard?
In keeping with this idea, it would seem the beings then slip into the old and oft used meme, "you are destroying your planet, the trees will burn. . .etc". They may have had to come up with something fast. For all we know, these things or the "it" behind the phenomena may experience the idea of being outnumbered and according to the descriptions from the children, they we not very big.
That's just one idea. Another, and I won't bore you by going on too long, is that this played out just the way it was supposed to. Along these lines, and if time and space remain relatively irrelevent to the phenomena, its trickle through effort might be unknowable. Maybe the idea was that these children would see these things in 1994 and 18 years later a man in Arizona would beging discussing it online with a man in Oslo. . .and then the next domino falls. . .leading to- we can only guess. I have had both of my grade school age children watch the interviews many times and asked them their thoughts. Maybe this is the goal of going to, as you so rightly note CE, the proletariat instead of the captain's of industry, politicos or scientists. I tell my children and friends and they do so with others.

As to craft behavior, you may be on to something CE. I'd take it a step further and in keeping with your keen interest in CE5 studies, what if the odd and erratic behavior is somehow the result of the observer's consciousness?

Ok, I'm going back to the matzah ball soup.

I've thought about contacting the Mack Foundation and seeing what they know.
In closing, no word out of Zim after the last email. I guess things are getting pretty bad over there, or I would suggest we meet in Paris and go to Ruwa ourselves. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear more.

So, the question is, why is this case different?

One thought that keeps crossing my mind is that Vallee and some the other proponents of the dimensional theory and vibrations (Stringfield?) may be closer to an answer than we know. What if we do live in a multi-dimensional realty and there are other living things within this framework that can manipulate and/or create openings between these dimensions? Would it not stand to reason that on occasion there may be slips or accidents where objects, animate and otherwise, cross through unintentionally? Is it possible that these things were in fact quite surprised to see the children, because they didn't expect to see them any more than the children expected these little things to invade their yard?
In keeping with this idea, it would seem the beings then slip into the old and oft used meme, "you are destroying your planet, the trees will burn. . .etc". They may have had to come up with something fast. For all we know, these things or the "it" behind the phenomena may experience the idea of being outnumbered and according to the descriptions from the children, they we not very big.
That's just one idea. Another, and I won't bore you by going on too long, is that this played out just the way it was supposed to. Along these lines, and if time and space remain relatively irrelevent to the phenomena, its trickle through effort might be unknowable. Maybe the idea was that these children would see these things in 1994 and 18 years later a man in Arizona would beging discussing it online with a man in Oslo. . .and then the next domino falls. . .leading to- we can only guess. I have had both of my grade school age children watch the interviews many times and asked them their thoughts. Maybe this is the goal of going to, as you so rightly note CE, the proletariat instead of the captain's of industry, politicos or scientists. I tell my children and friends and they do so with others.

As to craft behavior, you may be on to something CE. I'd take it a step further and in keeping with your keen interest in CE5 studies, what if the odd and erratic behavior is somehow the result of the observer's consciousness?

Ok, I'm going back to the matzah ball soup.

I've thought about contacting the Mack Foundation and seeing what they know.
In closing, no word out of Zim after the last email. I guess things are getting pretty bad over there, or I would suggest we meet in Paris and go to Ruwa ourselves. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear more.

If I was forced to choose between the two possible scenarios that you suggested above,I'd go for the second one...

I.e,that this phenomenon knows exactly what "it's" doing and operates with a long term strategy that - at this moment - remains hard to identify.On the surface,it just seems like a "carnival of absurdities",but my feeling is that there's some method to the madness,as well.
These events just seems too "staged" to be anything other than planned exercises - don't you think?

By the way,I remember one other incident where "the greys" were involved in a non-abduction related contact.It happened near the volcano Mt.Popocateptl(Mexico)in the early 90's,and is similar to the Ruwa case in many ways.Most notably the "prophesies" by beings.In the Mexican case they predicted that a World War would start in New York City!! Weird...

I totally agree with your suggestion that these "crafts" may be able too "pick up" on the observers thoughts.This is an often overlooked element of UFO sightings,that is,never the less,well documented.Dr.Richard Haines wrote an important book on this subject called "CE-5".Some of the most spectacular CE-5 cases happened during the Hudson Valley flap of the 1980's.Where the UFOs - in many cases - responded directly too the witnesses "mental commands".

To Noanswers;
Just pick me up in Oslo on your way too Zimbabwe...:p

What a compelling documentary. The footage with the kids is so powerful. I want to watch this with my family.

The more I see stuff like this the more I believe that the visitors are inter-dimensional beings that live in and around Earth in some way. The concern over nuclear activity and the communication of the idea that we are fucking up the planet both point to this being the case.

Because we've been focused on the incident in Ruwa, the two people at the lake front cabin have gone unmentioned. I find their story quite compelling, and it is an account I have not heard before (sometimes I feel like I've heard them all). Once again, would a debunker please tell me what these soon to be senior citizans have to gain by concocting such a tale.
BTW. . . eagerly awaiting tonights show in one half hour, looks like a good one.

Just found this cool documentary up on youtube.It focuses on the late great John Mack's work on abduction and contact cases;including the classic encounter in Ruwa,Zimbabwe(94).Where 62 schoolchildren witnessed a landed craft with a humanoid standing beside it.(The Ruwa case is covered in part.3)

pt.1
pt.2
pt.3
pt.4
pt.5
pt.6

This is the doco that featured on free to air TV here recently, and the teachers who know these children give some of the best testimony of the lot even though they didnt see the craft and occupants.

the planet blowing up theme is interesting, as we know its a common thread. i sometimes wonder if its not the future they show, but rather what it would have been, if they hadnt intervened.

pt.1
pt.2
pt.3
pt.4
pt.5
pt.6

Just watched a bit if this documentary highly compelling the Zimbabwe case.If that is a hoax it a very good one.
Thanks for posting cosmic.Is there any known ufos researchers in Africa with good English maybe shed more light on this story?

Just watched a bit if this documentary highly compelling the Zimbabwe case.If that is a hoax it a very good one.
Thanks for posting cosmic.Is there any known ufos researchers in Africa with good English maybe shed more light on this story?

Glad you enjoyed it,Irish.

The original researcher on the Ruwa sighting was a South-African lady called Cynthia Hind.Sadly,she's no longer alive.But I understand there's still people working on the case.For example,Randy Nickerson,who's making a new documentary about it. UFOs Over Zimbabwe: Ariel School UFO Sighting Video

'Noanswers' has also been in contact with the blogger Odette Lind who's been following the case closely. UFOs Over Zimbabwe

Glad you enjoyed it,Irish.

The original researcher on the Ruwa sighting was a South-African lady called Cynthia Hind.Sadly,she's no longer alive.But I understand there's still people working on the case.For example,Randy Nickerson,who's making a new documentary about it. UFOs Over Zimbabwe: Ariel School UFO Sighting Video

'Noanswers' has also been in contact with the blogger Odette Lind who's been following the case closely. UFOs Over Zimbabwe

Yes i did Cosmic, and thanks for the extra knowledge on the subject it appreciated.

CE-
I've got a mixed response to your question. In the case of the woman that I cited, the woman is now grown. Forgive me my lack of clarity. She was a child at the time and is now still terrified to go out alone. The woman who informed me of this left no doubt as to her anxiety being directly related to the incident. There are a couple more that he's really trying to find someone named Guy Gibbons.
However, I read yesterday a write-up by the man making the film in Ruwa and he has tracked down more of young adults into South Africa (Zim is a pretty tough place these days: anyone who can get out is). He makes a point of saying that he has found numerous adult witnesses who saw odd things in the area on or about that day. I take this to mean not the actual incident that we've been reviewing in the school yard, but other events in the general area.
This does not come as a big surprise. Zimbabwe has a long history of sightings and in the days around the school yard incident, there seem to have been quite a few.
Lastly, as of November, the film maker said he is near filming completion.

I'm at minute twelve right now, CE. This looks like raw footage of the day Hind first arrived at the school? Incredible. . . how did the world forget this case?

I'm at minute twelve right now, CE. This looks like raw footage of the day Hind first arrived at the school? Incredible. . . how did the world forget this case?

it should be part of every elementary school curriculum. A course where the teacher raises the idea of ET/ID life and what it means. Then teaches some core cases such as this and others. NO conclusions should be drawn, but everyone should be made aware of these rock-solid super compelling cases.

Back