• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Detector

Do You Own a UFO Detector?

• Yes. Would you like to take it off my hands? Make an offer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
It comes with a 100% money back guarantee.

venus8.jpg

Source: Stupid Comics

I think it is a great idea Gene.

One idea that would take advantage of things that might already be available for customization would be a promotional thumb drive with the Paracast logo on one side and UFO Detector printed on the other, with a blinking light of course.

I would buy one from you guys in a heartbeat.

I think it is a great idea Gene.

One idea that would take advantage of things that might already be available for customization would be a promotional thumb drive with the Paracast logo on one side and UFO Detector printed on the other, with a blinking light of course.

I would buy one from you guys in a heartbeat.
How about a paracast ufo detector app for iphone and htc?

Yes! All we need is a basic emf detector linked to a ringtone alarm with theremin music and a Robby The Robot voice. :eek:

Are we serious about a UFO detector? I am “almost” interested myself, but held back by common sense...

Assuming UFOs exist “out there” and not just in our heads, upon which scientific principle will a detector operate?

Certainly in the past (I'm recalling the 1960s, 70s) it was assumed that UFOs emitted some sort of powerful magnetic field. I think this was partly deduced by investigators after reported cases of petrol-driven vehicles stalling as a UFO approached. The hypothesis being that the very strong magnetic field interfered with the electrics – something a much smaller field would do in modern cars stuffed full of unscreened sensitive electronics.

If I remember rightly, the hypothesis was supported by the fact that diesel vehicles were left unaffected due to their non-electrical ignition, although who knows how many (or few) cases this idea was based on.

Incidentally, I don't recall reading of any vehicle-interference cases more recently. There are more vehicles now, so I would expect such an effect would be more prominent, unless modern vehicles are less susceptible – which seems very unlikely.

Flying Saucer Review published an electronic UFO detector in 1968 here (which also includes the correction published in 1969) based on germanium transistors. Other designs based on the movement of a compass needle or magnet can be found on the internet, but they'd need a relatively large field change to overcome inertia and shift them.

I expect much more sensitivity will be gained by using a Hall-effect digital sensor type 1490 (there may be others) used in digital compasses and magnetometers. These seem to be at the heart of some of the $100 UFO detectors available on the web and would presumably detect a shift (or local interference to) the local magnetic field.

I've got a 1490 sensor and I intend building a magnetometer/UFO detector later this year developed from circuits published on the web – though whether it'll detect UFOs is another matter.

Anyone got any other design ideas?

Regards,

Ian

Are we serious about a UFO detector? I am “almost” interested myself, but held back by common sense...

Your projects sound interesting.

It would be possible to run a detector for electromagnetic activity 24/7 with some kind of data logger. But discriminating and correlating it with anything anomalous could be difficult. We live in a fog of emf nowadays.

Something cheap and small enough to carry around on a key chain might be fun. ??

Well, the answer is obvious. Don't y'all watch t.v. these days? Ya get one of those "Dog Whisperers" to talk with the neighborhood dogs. Dogs are up all night roaming around looking for tasty snacks that are left in the road (dead possums, squirrels and other stuff.) Sniffing around garbage cans and warding off burglars with a shrill bark or bite. So, they see stuff! ;) Have the Dog Whisperer ask them to all start to bark in code when a u.f.o. passes by. It can be Three barks then two and then three again. :cool: Now, if the dogs don't want to participate there are also people who communicate with Dolphins. Dolphins, as some of you know are highly evolved and actually are the reason that we are still on planet. They communicate with E.T.'s all the time! Why there is even one guy (I saw it on the interwebs) who said he has even had ....errrr.. Just forget that guy! :eek: Anyway, A good Dolphin whisperer can't be that hard to find. :p

Geez, you guys are getting ambitious. There are UFO detector kits out there with such a circuit going for $60 to $80 which is more than I would pay for such a thing.

I was thinking more of a prop! Lets face it, it is logically impossible to build something that can detect the presence of an UNKNOWN! (Cough, cough.)

I think the best approach would be for Gene or someone in his vast Marketing Dept. at Paracast Central to find the best price on putting the logo and some lettering on a project box similar to the one in the old ad.

You probably need a do-nothing switch on the front at the very least. For a few more bucks you could put a circuit together that flashes an led intermittently. Getting this all assembled for a price that would move through the Paracast store might be the real challenge. It could be presented as a "kit" to save production costs.
1. Small Project Box
2. Switch
3. Logo and lettering decals (or pre-printed front panel)
For the Deluxe model:
4. Flashing light (possibly a cheap pre-assembled unit)

There may even be some promotional USB powered blinking light gadgets out there that can be adapted for the purpose of creating a Paracast UFO Detector prop to be sold in the Paracast store. Looking through these promo companies offerings with this in mind might yield something that would minimize production costs.

I found a bunch of cool looking thumb drives for example in my brief search last night that just need a logo and lettering. A deluxe edition of The Paracast UFO Detector thumb drive might include archives of the show, a special exclusive show, Chris singing the Paracast theme, Gene telling jokes (wait a minute, wait a minute!) or other exclusive content.

Hey! Who has been monkeying with my poll? (wait a minute, that didn't come out right)

I didn't put the "recycle" question in the poll. Anyone who would throw such a thing away when they could sell it to me is missing out on taking advantage of another hapless UFO buff. I am genuinely interested in the Shields Enterprises UFO Detector. I doubt very many still exist and will probably have to stoop to trying to build a replica myself. I'm quite sure I can reproduce its UFO detection capabilities by simply putting a dummy switch on the front of the thing.

I wonder if anyone wants to look up the history of that company, and what happened. Maybe we'll find their descendants making billions in the Silicon Valley. :)

Guys! Why has no one mentioned making an iPhone/Android app that would do the same thing! Also, I have no idea who added the question. It wasn't me.

Back