• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Case - Hang Glider and UFO with a "tail"

Soupie

Paranormal Adept
In this episode of Radio Misterioso, Greg Bishop describes having a motionless UFO hanging in the sky. It was positioned vertically, and had a "tail" hanging down with shapes on it. Haha sorry for the poor description, you'' have to listen to the podcast for his words.

Mystery Aircraft Sighting

The reason I'm posting though is that these UFOs have been documented before. In fact, I recall reading a long article with diagrams etc made by someone who encountered one while hang gliding or operating a moterless plane of some kind. It was very well documented and described a UFO very similar to the one Greg describes having seen.

Is anyone familiar with this case? Thanks!

TBH i just glanced over at that page i haven't listened to this episode yet and i can't help you on this particular case. Greg did touch upon it in the pop up broadcast i am currently listening to about clown flaps...my current "pet" project to borrow a word from another forum member...The telling thing to me was that this happened on a busy highway and a particular carload of people were the only reported witnesses. i suppose the first thing that has to be considered and eliminated is simple automospheric refraction. As far as the speed it appared to take off IDK what to add top that,but a little later on greg talked about information theory as a way of determining how people process input and why some people see things and others don't. I find this a fascinating study yet i'd be hard pressed to explain why a certain GROUP of people all confined in the same space processed this "information". It would cause me to wonder if there is a sphere of influence where everyone in a specific area would process the information in a very similar way yet outside this sphere there would be a large variety of results. I believe part of Jenny Randals Oz factor was that this weird dreamy zone did indeed have a specified zone as i read of a account somewhere where somebody an arm's length away from an oz factor experiencer felt nothing while their companion had a paranormal experience

I assume that is you that commented in the comments section and this leads me to a question for you. just yesterday you posted in the forums here something about this very phenomena (or similar) neural networks and human/artifical intelligence information processing. which i briefly glanced at and now i can't find it. Could you tell me what thread it was in please?

It is interesting for me to think if there was a unified factor in paranormal experiences it woud be something like this, that maybe an environmental (?) facor would be present that dictate that a specific group of people who all process a bit of information similarly and then this idea would spread (like a meme, another area i am getting involved in, the spread of this information or concept among people) so maybe that's why some people report similar expeiences and others differently, maybe some people are more receptive to a particular bit of information and others to a different one and still others to nothing at all. So what i am suggesting is that in some cases maybe certain ideas or variations may not come so much from our own internal dialouge (monolouge?) but maybe because we were infected by someone internal dialouge/monolouge, a patient zero as it were.

In this episode of Radio Misterioso, Greg Bishop describes having a motionless UFO hanging in the sky. It was positioned vertically, and had a "tail" hanging down with shapes on it. Haha sorry for the poor description, you'' have to listen to the podcast for his words.

Mystery Aircraft Sighting

The reason I'm posting though is that these UFOs have been documented before. In fact, I recall reading a long article with diagrams etc made by someone who encountered one while hang gliding or operating a moterless plane of some kind. It was very well documented and described a UFO very similar to the one Greg describes having seen.

Is anyone familiar with this case? Thanks!
I've seen what might be the same phenomenon several times here in Calgary while driving along the Deerfoot Trail, which runs roughly parallel to the glidepath of the Calgary International Airport, and the explanation was the parallax effect, causing the airplane to seem completely motionless hovering over the buildings, very convincing and lasting several seconds. Then again the sighting by Bishop's guest could have been some sort of aircraft shaped balloon. If it was an alien craft then perhaps it was using some sort of active camouflage. But then again, our own aircraft could also be using active camouflage. Whatever the case, airplane shaped craft sighted near airports don't qualify as UFOs.

special-shape-plane.jpg

Last edited:
TBH i just glanced over at that page i haven't listened to this episode yet and i can't help you on this particular case. Greg did touch upon it in the pop up broadcast i am currently listening to about clown flaps...my current "pet" project to borrow a word from another forum member...The telling thing to me was that this happened on a busy highway and a particular carload of people were the only reported witnesses. i suppose the first thing that has to be considered and eliminated is simple automospheric refraction. As far as the speed it appared to take off IDK what to add top that,but a little later on greg talked about information theory as a way of determining how people process input and why some people see things and others don't. I find this a fascinating study yet i'd be hard pressed to explain why a certain GROUP of people all confined in the same space processed this "information". It would cause me to wonder if there is a sphere of influence where everyone in a specific area would process the information in a very similar way yet outside this sphere there would be a large variety of results. I believe part of Jenny Randals Oz factor was that this weird dreamy zone did indeed have a specified zone as i read of a account somewhere where somebody an arm's length away from an oz factor experiencer felt nothing while their companion had a paranormal experience

I assume that is you that commented in the comments section and this leads me to a question for you. just yesterday you posted in the forums here something about this very phenomena (or similar) neural networks and human/artifical intelligence information processing. which i briefly glanced at and now i can't find it. Could you tell me what thread it was in please?

It is interesting for me to think if there was a unified factor in paranormal experiences it woud be something like this, that maybe an environmental (?) facor would be present that dictate that a specific group of people who all process a bit of information similarly and then this idea would spread (like a meme, another area i am getting involved in, the spread of this information or concept among people) so maybe that's why some people report similar expeiences and others differently, maybe some people are more receptive to a particular bit of information and others to a different one and still others to nothing at all. So what i am suggesting is that in some cases maybe certain ideas or variations may not come so much from our own internal dialouge (monolouge?) but maybe because we were infected by someone internal dialouge/monolouge, a patient zero as it were.
Whenever the tribe is tightly packed or in close proximity and there is a threat to one all will feel it. One member may see a witch and the others will too and they will chase her down and burn her, in the way that crowds mad with rage will chase down the rapist in India and kill him or in how happy go lucky white folk might hunt down the black man, hang him and burn him and then pass his teeth around to the kids for souvenirs in the era of Strange Fruit.

Madness and fear travel in proximity in stunning ways. Even mass inexplicable epidemics have been documented travelling through a crowd - the placebo to end all placebos is the mind inside group dynamics. I'm sure you've gone to the graveyard or the house of horrors with friends and vibed tremendously off of the emotions of others.

We acknowledge that dogs smell fear but for some reason don't give ourselves the same credit. Experience in groups is certainly situational and about proximity. That's what makes all the group children ufo sightings fascinating. Part of the situation could be just like the one in the article you cited for me: Panic in the Woods. This might be just a case of "Wonder in the Car".

Back