• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Two Movie Recommendations

Kim323

Paranormal Maven
I'd like to recommend two movies I've seen recently. Both have the weird factor. The first is Melancholia. A host of great actors in it, and I'll admit to being more than partially drawn to it just to see Kirsten Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg, two real hotties that have gotten better to look at as they've aged, and they clearly have, but still cute as buttons. A caveat: the movie IS "slow" in the sense of a buildup that occurs and there is indeed a tension having to do with Dunst's character psychologically and something else overshadowing all astronomically. The effects are very good.

The second one is Bug, starring Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon. I'd never seen it even though it's from 2007. I'd just seen Shannon in his new movie Take Shelter, which I also recommend, and which definitely has the weird factor in abundance. Bug is really way out, and I have mixed feelings about it regarding its effect on me, but I do recommend it. Incredible acting and really far out. Ashley Judd, also another actress getting older, is real eye candy here.

Back