• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

TRAVIS WALTON! Questions space fanz?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Travis needs little or no introduction. After three+ years of trying to get him to commit to a day and time, I finally landed one of ufology's most famous experiencers. Travis is hosting a conference in Heber, AZ (near where he was dropped off by the "aliens") and the event will feature Walton, Dolan, Friedman, Robbins, Marden, Schmitt, Howe, Torme', Dilettoso, Hanson, the Navajo Rangers, Clifford Mahooty and yours truly... Here's your chance to ask questions of arguably the most famous abductee of them all! Get your questions in by Thursday morning and let's restrict this thread to QUESTIONS ONLY please... If you want to discuss his case, or whatever, get a room, er I mean a thread... ;) Thanks

The recording session will happen on Thursday, Sept. 18 from 10 AM until Noon Pacific time.

Holy crap!

I would love to ask him details about his time in the star chamber -- where if I remember correctly he pulled a lever and was given an external view or simulation of the surrounding space.

I'm specifically interested in the user interface and his impressions if it was a navigational tool, pilot cockpit, or entertainment device.

Congrats on securing this long sought after guest who is easily one of the most famous living abductee claimants. This will certainly be a historic show.

1) Of the time you were on board the ship what's the toal number of hours that you have conscious recall for? During that time how did you receive basic sustenance and dispose of bodily waste?

2) Upon your return you were described as being in healthy condition but absolutely terrified. What psychological support or assistance, if any, did you receive to deal with the news media and get through that first lie detector test. How complicated were those first days back on earth and that first test?

3) Unlike many other abductees you have not changed or added to your story, nor have you destabilized into mystical or space brother territory. What's your opinion on other abductee claimants such as Streiber, Adamski and Romanek? Do you have any opinion on the one other member of the original logging crew from your event who has made claims of multiple alien abductions by various species?

Last edited:
This is great news for The Paracast and all of its fans. Great work, Chris and Gene.

My two-part question for Travis Walton is as follows:

1. Next year will be the 40th anniversary of your encounter. Do you believe that the general public's perception of your encounter has changed over the past 39 plus years and, if so, how has the public's perception helped or hurt your ability to promote awareness of extraterrestrial abductions? What, if any, effect has the ufology community's perception of your encounter had on your ability to promote this same awareness?

Do you have any idea how much revenue the Fire In The Sky franchise has generated in total, what it's worth now, and how much you have personally earned from it? If so, would you be willing to share those numbers with us?

For clarity on what I mean by franchise: Over the years, tabloid and magazine interviews, TV and radio appearances, conferences, a motion picture, posters, VHS, DVD, and book releases, have all come about as a consequence of your experience. To what extent are you paid for these things by way of royalties, licensing, attendance fees and so on?

Do you have any idea how many public appearances, media interviews and such you've made since your experience in 1975 ( Hundreds? Thousands? ).

Last edited:
1. How did the event in question shape and change your life? Do you regret leaving the truck on that fateful day?

2. How much input did you have on the movie Fire in the Sky, and how accurate a portrayal of the actual events was it?

3. What underlying message, if any, have you taken from the experience you had? Looking back after all these years, would you classify it as a positive or negative experience, and in what ways?

4. Having been "abducted" by entities of one kind or another, what's your honest opinion about UFOs and E.T.s? Where do they come from? Why are they here? And what do they want? Do you subscribe to the nuts and bolts theory of ufology?

5. Have you had any contact or communication with the same or other E.T.s since your original experience? If so, would you be willing to divulge what happened?

6. How do you respond to skeptics who claim that you're either lying or delusional? What tangible proof, physical or otherwise, do you have that may help to strengthen your claim of ET abduction?

Last edited:
Travis, I can not imagine the life you have had led after the abduction. In respect to the abduction, do you have any medical conditions or ailments that have plagued you since the abduction or have recently came into being that you suspect are results of the abduction. What about medical cures, for example; did you have allergies before the abduction but do not suffer any since?
Do you find your mental condition to be one of increasing clarity after all these years since the abduction or is your mental condition becoming increasingly obscure? Thank you.

Travis, do you have any contact with your former work crew these days? If so, what are your feelings toward them?

Lastly, knowing what happened to you, do you regret getting out of the truck to investigate the ufo?

Q.1 Did Mr Walton suffer with any headaches prior to encounter /abduction?

Q.2 While in the Forest did any of the logging team have any strange encounters prior. or see odd lights/shooting stars,meteors. Furthermore, was there any storm activity prior or outside during you experiences while held in the so call craft?

speaking of the film "Fire in the Sky" -I understand the producer(s) took great liberty's in recreating your experience in the saucer. Did you have any say and were you OK with how the film portrayed the horror DB Sweeney(actor) went through?

Is there anywhere where we can see an accurate reenactment of your time aboard the space craft? The motion picture version seems to be as far from the truth as you can get and if I'm frustrated I can't imagine how frustrated you were and perhaps still are...

Do you think their fabricated version of what happened to you on the spacecraft diminished the credibility of your story? If they fudged that up, what else did they fudge up?

Do you know of any efforts of republishing your book to commemorate the anniversary? Are there any revisions to your book you would like to make?

Are you able to enjoy Science Fiction or shows like Doctor Who or The X-Files or do they hit too close to home or annoy you for any reason? What movies get it right and what get it wrong the most?

What is your opinion of abduction research by the likes of Hopkins, Jacobs and Mack? Were these guys on to the truth of the phenom?

Do you have any idea how much revenue the Fire In The Sky franchise has generated in total, what it's worth now, and how much you have personally earned from it? If so, would you be willing to share those numbers with us?

For clarity on what I mean by franchise: Over the years, tabloid and magazine interviews, TV and radio appearances, conferences, a motion picture, posters, VHS, DVD, and book releases, have all come about as a consequence of your experience. To what extent are you paid for these things by way of royalties, licensing, attendance fees and so on?

Do you have any idea how many public appearances, media interviews and such you've made since your experience in 1975 ( Hundreds? Thousands? ).

My expectation is that you will now post this question to every guest of The Paracast who is selling a book or a service. Maybe you have.

This would have to include the hosts and I guess you have already asked Mr. Steinberg what his budget is and how much he makes since he asks for donations to The Paracast to help out with expenses.

You should probably ask Chris as well otherwise it looks like you are singling out Mr. Walton.

I think IMDB usually has numbers on how much a film would have made. You might try an internet search.

Dear Gene and Chris, if time permits please ask Mr Walton:

(1) Has he ever been questioned by a "government agency" regarding the construction, performance or control of the UFO that he was taken aboard?

(2) Has he ever worked with a forensic/police/criminal artist to create an artistic impression of the UFO or its occupants/crew, and if no would he be willing to do so?

(3) Has he ever taken part in a hypnotic regression session?

(4) Does he have any fear of a repeat of the incident? i.e being taken again.

Thank you.

Last edited:
"QUESTIONS ONLY please... If you want to discuss his case, or whatever, get a room, er I mean a thread... ;) Thanks"

Good point question boy.

Mr. Walton, do you get tired of insinuations that you created the entire event to make a living off of it?

I would.

Back