• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Top 5 Cases from 2009 to Present

Chuckleberryfinn

Paranormal Maven
Hello,

Which cases from the last 5 years would you consider the best in terms of the quality of the evidence and the level of strangeness involved?

One example of a particularly good case, in my opinion, is the 1986 Japan Airlines UFO incident. Have there been any on that level of good or better in the opinions of the board members here?

CBF

The O'Hare incident, seems like a good rather recent event. Authority's claimed to have no knowledge of event, until FOIA request was submitted- which released a recorded conversation during the incident between airport officials/employees. All was washed as a weather phenom. Just another attempt to bury a strange sighting of the unexplained?

The O'Hare incident, seems like a good rather recent event. Authority's claimed to have no knowledge of event, until FOIA request was submitted- which released a recorded conversation during the incident between airport officials/employees. All was washed as a weather phenom. Just another attempt to bury a strange sighting of the unexplained?

2007 wasn't it?

Hello,

Which cases from the last 5 years would you consider the best in terms of the quality of the evidence and the level of strangeness involved?

One example of a particularly good case, in my opinion, is the 1986 Japan Airlines UFO incident. Have there been any on that level of good or better in the opinions of the board members here?

CBF

Good question. The Upper right hand corner of the probability/strangeness matrix fills in very, very slowly.

We had the two brothers in the UK who both saw a big triangle, and cases like that trickle in all the time, but not quite prime cases in my opinion. We have a high strangeness witness who very nearly provided us with physical evidence in 2012 - he had evidence that there had been evidence, and it had been seen by several witnesses, but we never got a look at it.

I think something may have been going on in north central Maryland near Camp David around 2012, but am not sure it is still going on. One of the best UFO photographs I have personally seen came out of that complex. Unfortunately, in the best chance to get a good photo, the witness was so frightened that she just kept driving and never paused to get her phone out.

2007 Alderney, English Channel - a capt. Ray Bowyer, passengers, 2 ATC towers and an additional pilot from a 2nd aircraft.

This case is dynamite. It is a shame there are no photos we know about (photos do not convince debunkers anyway) but nevertheless, there is bags of evidence of a substantial and credible nature. 2 pilots in totally different positions and views of the object(s), multiple passengers, more than one air traffic control tower had radar returns of 2 objects and in the correct position for what Ray Bowyer was reporting, as it happened.

Capt, Ray also had a pair of quality binoculars in the cockpit with him and he used them, while flying, to get a better look!

Basically, unless Ray Bowyer, the other pilot and the passengers are all liars, or saw the same hallucination, there can be no doubt that they saw these collosal objects. There is no need to even go through the usual suspects for mis-identification because man has nothing in the sky that comes remotely close to the size of these. It illustrates just how 'big' the sky is, when really, so few people see things so strange and massive, not far south off the coast off England and north of France!

I don't know why this case isn't championed much more - many are unaware of it - cos it really is up there with the greatest cases ever and it didn't happen in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't at night and it was relatively recent too, proving that good UFO cases do still occur in the modern age.

Fascinating. Thanks for the information. I have not been following the subject much since I stopped posting here, which was about 5 years ago. I still check the board from time to time.

I ask because the subject of UFOs came up at work recently, and someone, an old guy who lived through the 60s as a young guy, said that he never heard about the subject any more like in the old days. He said there weren't any good cases any more. I told him that there may be good cases, that as I recall from when I used to research it, this was the sort of thing often said by those who do no research. "If UFOs are real, why don't we hear about them any more?" Answer: "because we don't look for the information."

I used to stay up some nights thinking about this subject, afraid of the unofficial reality of the UFO phenomenon on this planet. Extraordinary things happen here, right here where we live, and most people are completely oblivious of it. Just what is the extent of that unofficial reality? The answer, hinted at by a number of strong cases, scares me. Just what in the hell is really going on? I don't think anyone knows. I wonder how terrifying the truth would be.

CBF

Last edited:
I still haven't seen clear explanations for the 2010 UFO sightings in China above and around airports. Those stories were all very interesting, and were not all hole punched clouds...

The old guy at work has a good point and the sensation of clearly defined hot cases do not appear to be part of the contemporary era of modern ufo's. Past big UFO events came at a unique time and place for how media and society in general responded to the distribution, discussion and appreciation of such cases.

Currently, our media culture is much more hesitant to take the topic seriously, usually has a lot of mockery attached to the subject, and even though we live in an age where everyone is ready to step in front of the cameras, we just don't have those substantial cases that bring much investigation, focus and awe. Maybe NiDS is still in operation underground and hoarding all the good cases for Big money?

Norway spiral (2008?) was interesting, but probably what it was billed as, a rocket spinning out of control. There were supposedly black pyramids flying over Moscow the same day, but I haven't seen any evidence of that at all, people just keep repeating that it really did happen.

It's all about repeating odd stories. In many ways paranormal history is something that has invented itself over the years.

Even the top cases historically all suffer from repetition of unproven related stories. But that Norway spiral was simply stunning and is only surpassed by some of that Hessdalen weird light spiral action for sheer stunning unknown visual sky phenomenon.

01-175-norway-spiral.jpg

Last edited:
2007 Alderney, English Channel - a capt. Ray Bowyer, passengers, 2 ATC towers and an additional pilot from a 2nd aircraft.

This case is dynamite. It is a shame there are no photos we know about (photos do not convince debunkers anyway) but nevertheless, there is bags of evidence of a substantial and credible nature. 2 pilots in totally different positions and views of the object(s), multiple passengers, more than one air traffic control tower had radar returns of 2 objects and in the correct position for what Ray Bowyer was reporting, as it happened.

Capt, Ray also had a pair of quality binoculars in the cockpit with him and he used them, while flying, to get a better look!

Basically, unless Ray Bowyer, the other pilot and the passengers are all liars, or saw the same hallucination, there can be no doubt that they saw these collosal objects. There is no need to even go through the usual suspects for mis-identification because man has nothing in the sky that comes remotely close to the size of these. It illustrates just how 'big' the sky is, when really, so few people see things so strange and massive, not far south off the coast off England and north of France!

I don't know why this case isn't championed much more - many are unaware of it - cos it really is up there with the greatest cases ever and it didn't happen in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't at night and it was relatively recent too, proving that good UFO cases do still occur in the modern age.

I think a reasonably good skeptical argument might be made for a temperature inversion that caused a mirage and radar return. @Thomas R Morrison posted a good interview with the pilot here: Edition 297 – Channel Islands UFO « The Unexplained Paranormal Podcast with Howard Hughes

Back