• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Too young to be real?

MediaMan

ET contact/Mac lover
My experience involves contact with ETs. It's taken me more than 50 years to find a good way to discuss with other reasoning individuals my once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I think I've found it here. At first, the story of my experience may not seem like much. But add all the other details of my life at the time and it may begin to make sense:

The year was 1950, in Long Beach, CA, where I, hovering around my fourth birthday, lived with my parents and older brother. I know for sure the aproximate date and location, because we moved out of that area entirely a few months later, and I shall never forget that house and especially that bedroom I was in when I experienced one of the two or three dreams I have ever remembered. I remember "awakening" in what seemed like a barber's chair, sitting in our driveway, very late at night, with two nondescript gentlemen standing before me on either side. I was held immovable in the chair by a large sheet that was wrapped around me. Then, from behind the chair, moving clockwise, came a third "person", looking at me the whole time, who didn't seem to walk, but rather floated around in front of me. I don't remember much of his appearance below the neck, because his head was quite similar to Gene's avatar, except the eyes were much fuller, and his head wasn't such a perfect balloon shape - a fuller chin; recognizable mouth. He got very close and stared at me, then I believe he pricked me with something, and I woke up screaming!

A few days later I was visiting my Grampa in another part of town, when I received another fright. But first, to explain why this incident was unusual, know that Long Beach Airport at the time had a small fleet of dirigibles, or blimps, that flew over our neighborhoods on a regular basis. But this day, as I was standing in the very narrow path between Grampa's house and the next one, I happened to look up between the two houses and saw a blimp floating silently over me; a fairly ordinary thing for us. But right then, for me, it was instead a big, silver, silent, flying, mystery aircraft that scared me into tears. Something about it brought back the images of that most scary dream.

So, to list my questions about these happenings: first, can anyone point me to a movie or picture book that was released, in Southern California, in the late 1940's, that showed pictures of the classic small gray ETs? NO one around us had TVs.

Secondly, could this ONE time contact be explainable due to their discovering my birth defects? (None of these defects are cranially related.)

Lastly, is it significant that my father, who during that time was hired by the Navy(hence our move to the SF area), and given top-level security clearance, to oversee and proof-read the publication of scientific reports about nuclear testing, only once in his life, after he became a parent, ever agreed to see any science fiction film, especially those dealing with ET entities? It was only after "Close Encounters" came out the second time and we all insisted, over his repeated objections, that the whole family attend, that he ever watched such a story. And I glanced occasionally at him a few times and saw that he was definitely uncomfortable.

It may seem odd then that I consider these experiences major contributors to my developing a very optimistic and open mind toward any idea that has some logic connected to it. They did not really harm me, but were simply totally brand new ideas that may have come to me, literally, "from out of the darkness!"

Am I making any sense here?

Grey types of beings have been described throughout history. Book? Earliest one that I am aware of, besides ones dealing with cave drawings is the Seth Early Sessions, which I do not think were released until more recent years. It took place back in the 60s though. I think early 60s before the Hill case but I'm unsure. I'll look later. In it they describe seeing the "spirit" Seth and drawing it. Two people drew a being that looked JUST like a grey. Seth said that wasn't accurate, and explained why humans think of that archetype when dealing with what they consider advanced beings.

I can understand, Media Man, why you are concerned that your memory could be contaminated by something you saw or read. When I was little, I saw my parent's wedding ceremony film enough times that I thought I had been there, and I told people I was in the first row! Well, in a way, I was there, because my mom was already pregnant with me, but my faulty kid memory had put among the guests. This story always embarrasses my mom, poor lady.

In the end, our minds are kind of plastic. There are questions for some (inluding me) of whether things were intense dreams or really happened, and the same goes for early childhood memories. I guess my deciding factor is "does it strike you as a dream, or real" and was there some sort of aftermath or physical effects or trace evidence.

Grey types of beings have been described throughout history. Book? Earliest one that I am aware of, besides ones dealing with cave drawings is the Seth Early Sessions, which I do not think were released until more recent years. It took place back in the 60s though. I think early 60s before the Hill case but I'm unsure. I'll look later. In it they describe seeing the "spirit" Seth and drawing it. Two people drew a being that looked JUST like a grey. Seth said that wasn't accurate, and explained why humans think of that archetype when dealing with what they consider advanced beings.
Somehow I'm not familiar with Seth. What can you tell me about him?

I can understand, Media Man, why you are concerned that your memory could be contaminated by something you saw or read. When I was little, I saw my parent's wedding ceremony film enough times that I thought I had been there, and I told people I was in the first row! Well, in a way, I was there, because my mom was already pregnant with me, but my faulty kid memory had put among the guests. This story always embarrasses my mom, poor lady.

In the end, our minds are kind of plastic. There are questions for some (inluding me) of whether things were intense dreams or really happened, and the same goes for early childhood memories. I guess my deciding factor is "does it strike you as a dream, or real" and was there some sort of aftermath or physical effects or trace evidence.
Oh, AMEN to that, especially for someone like me whose visual memory is so much better than my other mental retention abilities. But I've looked and looked and, especially since the only other possible outside visual stimulant, our newspaper, was the Long Beach Press Telegram, I do not see where else that specific an image could have come from.

Back