• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tony Scott commits suicide

Yes Trained, although jumping from a bridge is way down my list on methods of suicide. No 1 has to be huge overdose cocktail -go out feeling good then falling asleep! No 2 would be bullet to the brain, ideally by and assassin you do not know. Jumping off bridges can also end up in things like quadriplegia and then you can't make another attempt yourself!

He did some good movies and I'm sure he earned a few bucks on the way - I really hope he lived it up his last few days, you know, gamble in vegas, get a lady for company, drive your favourite road with your favourite music etc. If you can afford to commit suicide in style then it seems such a shame not to!

These horrible diseases can get more horrible and intolerable for many people and I hope he was being properly pain-managed and stuff, there should not be any painful suffering with all the analgesia medicine can provide these days. A sad way to go, but as always we try to remember what was good about a life and I can imagine Tony Scott had plenty to be thankful for, and those around him.

RIP Tony Scott

Good director, who was able to tap into the zeitgeist and ride the waves of social conciousness in part due to his advertising background. liked the hunger the best, and ironicaly thanks to him delibe's lakme flower duet gets played in every air line, sanitary towel commercial around the world ad infinitum such was his power to create searing motifs. definitely gonna leave a hole in the industry.

Yes Trained, although jumping from a bridge is way down my list on methods of suicide. No 1 has to be huge overdose cocktail -go out feeling good then falling asleep! No 2 would be bullet to the brain, ideally by and assassin you do not know. Jumping off bridges can also end up in things like quadriplegia and then you can't make another attempt yourself!

He did some good movies and I'm sure he earned a few bucks on the way - I really hope he lived it up his last few days, you know, gamble in vegas, get a lady for company, drive your favourite road with your favourite music etc. If you can afford to commit suicide in style then it seems such a shame not to!

These horrible diseases can get more horrible and intolerable for many people and I hope he was being properly pain-managed and stuff, there should not be any painful suffering with all the analgesia medicine can provide these days. A sad way to go, but as always we try to remember what was good about a life and I can imagine Tony Scott had plenty to be thankful for, and those around him.

RIP Tony Scott

I agee, it seems to me he would have the means to hole up somewhere and to try assisted suicide and damn the consequences, If it was a terminal case I don't think he would have any problems with his loved ones from trying to prevent him from doing so. the method he choose will probably have a worse emotional impact on his surviving family.

Well, it's hard to evaluate his motives and his condition based on a source that is said to be someone reportedly "close to the famed director." We don't know the real story, and maybe we won't until the autopsy results are released, or a statement is made by his family.

Back