• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Timothy Good

I just listened to Paola Harris on a recent Dreamland and she mentioned that Timothy Good has apparently seen or met with individuals belonging to one of those supposed alien races that is indistinguishable from humans.

Please ask him about that one.

-todd.

I remember hearing a Timothy Good interview with Nicky Campbell on Radio 1 in the late 1980s. He related a story about being in New York and sitting down somewhere, he asked if there were any aliens in the vicinity (just using his mind), and if there were would one of them sit down next to him and scratch its nose (i'm a bit hazy on this so i might have a few details wrong) ... and lo and behold, some bloke in a sharp suit sat down next to him ... and scratched his nose (!!!!!!!).

I seem to remember Tim Good being totally freaked out by this and left as quickly as he could :D. I'd love to hear that story recounted again. There was something so creepy about it. Maybe it was hearing it on the Campbell show late at night, I don't know, but the eerie feeling I got from it has stayed with me ever since.

schticknz said:
I remember hearing a Timothy Good interview with Nicky Campbell on Radio 1 in the late 1980s. He related a story about being in New York and sitting down somewhere, he asked if there were any aliens in the vicinity (just using his mind), and if there were would one of them sit down next to him and scratch its nose (i'm a bit hazy on this so i might have a few details wrong) ... and lo and behold, some bloke in a sharp suit sat down next to him ... and scratched his nose (!!!!!!!).

I seem to remember Tim Good being totally freaked out by this and left as quickly as he could :D. I'd love to hear that story recounted again. There was something so creepy about it. Maybe it was hearing it on the Campbell show late at night, I don't know, but the eerie feeling I got from it has stayed with me ever since.

Be very careful what you ask for. :)

Gene Steinberg said:
Be very careful what you ask for. :)

My thoughts exactly ;) .. although I must say I have repeated this experiment a couple of times in the past ... with (thankfully) zero results :p

Maybe its just a function of being in New York a la Men in Black :p

schticknz said:

Here is a link to where you can listen to a Nicky Campbell Timothy Good interview (the same I think):

http://www.nickycampbellatradioone.co.uk/ufo.htm

freemars2259 said:
Here is a link to where you can listen to a Nicky Campbell Timothy Good interview (the same I think):

http://www.nickycampbellatradioone.co.uk/ufo.htm

Woah ... thanks for that. Talk about a blast from the past. Starting to download each bit now ... and preparing to be scared to death again :D

tommyball said:
I just listened to Paola Harris on a recent Dreamland and she mentioned that Timothy Good has apparently seen or met with individuals belonging to one of those supposed alien races that is indistinguishable from humans.
That's what I've read as well. In fact there are 2 stories. One is in New York if I'm not mistaken where Good tried an experiment in telepathy (described above), another one is from California where he tried to contact none other than George Adamski... and had another highly unusual experience.
Maybe the Paracast hosts can ask him about it. (Spoiler alert.) A very young Timothy Good was in a restaurant in California wanting to research/interview George Adamski but couldn't quite make it due to his travelling schedule. (He was with the London Philharmonic Orchestra at the time.) While in the restaurant a woman reminded him of one off Adamski's alleged female contacts. (Good had read Adamski's book at the time.) Tim tried another telepathy experiment and formulated in his mind the question "are you an alien?". Suddenly the woman walked up to his table, smiled and bowed before him then returning to another table.

I think that story is in his book 'Alien Base'.
http://www.timothygood.co.uk/

In the above-mentioned interview, Timothy Good seems to be convinced of Bob Lazar's sincerity. A lot of time has gone by since the interview, and many scientists and ufologists have since cast doubt on the veracity of many of Lazar's claims. Does anyone know if Good still believes Lazar's claims? Maybe this is something Gene and David could ask him about, if he hasn't made any recent statements about Lazar. I took a lot of time out from reading about ufology and only recently resumed my reading, leaving me with a lot of catching up to do. So my apologies if this is something Timothy Good has already clarified.

He does seem to put some stock into Adamski too.

I mentioned this in another thread (I think.) Even those researchers who do good work are going to cross swords with us in some way or another. For instance, if Good really had the experiences with meeting a couple of earthly aliens, that's going to influence his thinking in ways we may not find influence. In some cases, I think it best to file some iffy data in our backgrounds in order to hear the rest of the message. I like his research, but I remain skeptical about some of his personal findings.

Adamski and Lazar, the credence he gives them, might prove interesting.

I mentioned this in another thread (I think.) Even those researchers who do good work are going to cross swords with us in some way or another. For instance, if Good really had the experiences with meeting a couple of earthly aliens, that's going to influence his thinking in ways we may not find influence. In some cases, I think it best to file some iffy data in our backgrounds in order to hear the rest of the message. I like his research, but I remain skeptical about some of his personal findings.

Adamski and Lazar, the credence he gives them, might prove interesting.

Edit: Oops. I've been away. Thought maybe he was being interviewed again since I read his latest book. I'll have to listen again!

Poi said:
It's quite simple. Seeing is believing. Difficult to accept in this time where contactee phobia is on the rise partly due to the "ufological middle".

That may be true, but it's all subjective. I've seen and I believe, but I don't know how much stock I put in Adamski's photos. If that's the middle, so be it.

Poi said:
That may be true, but it's all subjective. I've seen and I believe, but I don't know how much stock I put in Adamski's photos. If that's the middle, so be it.
Everything is subjective, no denying that. Just now read another article dealing with climate change/greenhouse effect. Some professor simple denied that the human factor in all of that is decisive. And from my point of view that's very subjective.

"Point of view" being the operative phrase. LOL

Could be the professor has no grant to protect. Just another point of view, however.

Poi said:
"Point of view" being the operative phrase. LOL
Could be the professor has no grant to protect. Just another point of view, however.
Point of view is also shaped by experiences and having had similar experiences as Timothy Good I'm probably more subjective than you might think. Could that, in a way make sense when I take a supportive position towards, lets say, Timothy Good or even Adamski? Catching on? .....just a little insight is required which seems to be a rare commodity in ufology. In Timothy Good's case I immediately picked up how the shoe fits.

I like both of them as researchers. But Dolan doesn't ask the question Good asked.

On one hand, I guess I don't want to believe Good met his alien characters. I'd like for that aspect to remain closed to me, thank you. So my subjectivity is skewed by fear, no question.

On the otherhand, is my skepticism for Adamski's photos, not necessarily his experiences, skewed by fear? No. I'm coming from two different perspectives, one emotional, the other, subjective, yes, but detached from emotion. The photos of ufos look like period pieces, toys from that era. Huge, honkin' Oldsmobiles or German-tank-like ufos, if you will.

Nowadays we get slick saucers. Did the technology suddenly undergo a huge leap, or did the toy makers?

Back