• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Time Traveler at Mike Tyson Fight?

reptillian

Skilled Investigator
A video has emerged of a person filming a 1995 Tyson fight with a smart phone. Thought it was interesting. Could this be a time traveler?

tyson-time-travel.png

My standard answer to all time travel stories:

According to Memory Alpha: The Vulcan Science Directorate studied the question of time travel in great detail. By the mid-22nd century, they found no evidence that it existed or that it could exist, ultimately believing that its concept was "illogical".

And I happen to agree with them ;).

According to Memory Alpha: The Vulcan Science Directorate studied the question of time travel in great detail. By the mid-22nd century, they found no evidence that it existed or that it could exist, ultimately believing that its concept was "illogical".

I often wondered about this concept. if the enterprise at times traveled faster than the speed of light yeah you would get from place to place much quicker but wouldn't that also mean that by traveling faster than the speed of light you would be going faster than time itself and therefore at times, given the circumstances, be getting at the intended destination before whatever event they were supposed to be involved actually got underway?

(not unlike the idea behind the precognitive crime unit idea behind Minority Report?)

Last edited:
I often wondered about this concept. if the enterprise at times traveled faster than the speed of light yeah you would get from place to place much quicker but wouldn't that also mean that by traveling faster than the speed of light you would be going faster than time itself and therefore at times, given the circumstances, be getting at the intended destination before whatever event they were supposed to be involved actually got underway?

(not unlike the idea behind the precognitive crime unit idea behind Minority Report?)

It seems that precognition as depicted in the Minority Report was based on the idea that the human brain is an amazing pattern recognition processor that can intuitively perceive how certain events will probably happen. Time travel is a bit of a different idea. Time travel only makes sense within very specific frames of reference that are well defined in terms of scope and context, and most explanations of it in pop-science or sci-fi don't get it right, which for me has tended to be a source of angst because it makes it harder for me to suspend my disbelief and enjoy how the plot unfolds.

lol. Can't argue with Vulcan logic.

This was first released in 1990.

Logitech-Fotoman.jpg

Other variations were also available at that time.

576d8e8bdbf44116b2ccaddafc154ad2-orig.jpeg

I've never seen these cameras before. Seems about right. Do you know what kind of film it used? and is it a camera or a video camera?

Back