• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Those ANNOYING things.

Simone_m

Skilled Investigator
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A recent phenomenon lately: Three little boxes: 'Tweet' 'Facebook like' 'Plus One'.

They totally cover the first half of mine's and everyone's sentences, in each and every post.

I DON'T WANT those there.

Or is it me or my computer, and I'm doing something wrong??? Thanks!

i do not have that problem. have you tried a different browser? what browser are you using?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Much thanks for your answer, it shows that my problem is not the forum then, but from my computer. Well, I don't know about browser, I haven't changed much of anything with my computer, since those things have shown up an stayed. This is a somewhat recent annoyance. Three square icon boxes, facebook like, +1, and Tweet, over every single post, on everyone's post, and --only-- in this website/chatforum.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Much thanks for your answer, it shows that my problem is not the forum then, but from my computer. Well, I don't know about browser, I haven't changed much of anything with my computer, since those things have shown up an stayed. This is a somewhat recent annoyance. Three square icon boxes, facebook like, +1, and Tweet, over every single post, on everyone's post, and --only-- in this website/chatforum.

You may have problems if you are using an old version of Internet Explorer.

I suggest getting a brand new 24" iMac. :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(By-the-way, like I said, the above 'X's are for me, so I can see my own text. My escape from the boxes.)

Sounds like you could be right pix. I have a computer I bought in 2007. I can't keep up with the changeing gadgets, (monetarily or cognitively!)
While you were posting, I went over to Facebook, and saw that I was logged in there. (Under a John Smith alias, so I can follow all the goings on in there.) But I logged out, I come back here, and these same "annoyances" are right where they always are, so it's not about being logged into those social network things, as I theorized.

it costs nothing to get a different or upgraded browser. You just have to make sure it is compatible with your hardware.

I seem to be infested with them too. I'm running the latest version of Firefox. Maye there's setting on some obscure page that would "fix" it. :confused:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Much thanks for that, boom! It's like talking about a high strangeness experience. "It's not just me then, it's others too! Now people won't think (or know!) I have psychosis..........."

Simone, I'm not an IT person. But you might try uninstalling and then re-installing your browser. I may try that myself at some point. I duke it out with my computer on a regular basis anyway lol.

THOSE WHO STICK WITH INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER ARE RETARDED,

Says this 'study' that was conducted.
http://news.yahoo.com/internet-explorer-users-lower-iqs-study-140027121.html

All I wanted to do, was visit some websites and chat there, at times, I don't do anything else on a computer, I'm not interested, in throwing myself into the technical ins and outs of my computer. Right now, I'm working on some oldy moldy books. They are not smartly compact slim, have no bright eye-hurting screen, and the pages are -paper-, which you touch, then turn with your wrist movement.
Is this study/article FAIR? I never heard about that mass IQ test.

MSIE 8 and Windows 7 ... no problems.
Firefox 5 ... no problems
Safari 5.1 ... OK

You must be using some toolbar addon ... get rid of it whatever it is.

j.r.

I know hear this was all a hoax. There's really no logic to it, since people who use the older browsers may do so because they aren't interested in knowing the fineries of the PC world, or just have old computers and that's what they came with. I hardly think intelligence matters. Some brilliant people don't even use computers, so we shouldn't consider ourselves better people as the result.

Thanks Gene. And to add insult to injury, this "news" story was totally viral, it has very many references on the search engines, like this, for example.
http://www.google.com/search?source...56l0l31359l32l29l0l19l0l0l344l2765l0.1.6.3l10
Not only that, but when I first heard about this grossly offensive mean spirited study, it was via the MainStreamMedia radio news, not the internet.
I made a thread about this topic over at ATS, and a guy said he tried to track down the ultimate origin of this IQ test/study/results, and found such elusive.

Per this article,
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/221609/internet-explorer-users-have-lower-iq-story-was-a-hoax/
It says the finding appeared to be an elaborate hoax "perhaps as a PR stunt by one of the browser developers".
Perhaps?

Back