• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This Sunday: a lot of cool new commercials to rate.

Wade

FeralNormal master
So Alice, the big game is this weekend, who do you like ?

gudepu2u.jpg

I'm a Panthers fan, so I don't really have a dog in this fight.
But I do have $20 on the Ravens because my oldest daughter is going to University of Maryland at Baltimore.

49'ers by 7
29818_483871.jpg

49'ers 28 Ravens 21

I'll bet anyone $1000 that coach Harbaugh will lead his team to victory!

Hope you didn't make that bet. I didn't watch the game, but I did just catch the final score. Being from Cleveland, I hate to see the Ravens win anything, I wish the 9'ers would've pulled it out.

Anyone know who was named the MVP?

Well I , that is to say, alice missed the mvp, but so far in the post season in every game sf fell behind by 15 points or more by the half and came roaring back in the half to pull it out, baltimore on the other hand did the opposite then barely hung on both teams won or lost in the closing minutes so something had to give...the power did first, I think it was beyonce's fault...I (and alice) just felt baltimore would prevail once again. For the record even though alice didn't articulate it initially she did think the final was going to be something like 27-24 so she was close on that as well we'll just have to take her word for it

For my part, I feel I was wrong on the thread title as well, I've never been so disappointed by a batch of super bowl commercials in a long time, at least the ones that didn't get interrupted by the black out. The godaddy commercial though a little titillating, bordered on the obscene. I'd rather watched.a batch of feminine hygiene commercials (no offense ladies)

So here's the deal: I did not watch the Super Bowl, and I couldn't care less about the ads. Besides, why should anyone care about GoDaddy ads, even if they are borderline racy? It's just a Web hosting company.

So here's the deal: I did not watch the Super Bowl, and I couldn't care less about the ads. Besides, why should anyone care about GoDaddy ads, even if they are borderline racy? It's just a Web hosting company.

Well lot of people feel differently of the godaddy commercial it was the talk of the twittersphere...never got a chance to use that word and so I can now cross that off my list...and being that any publicity is good publicity I'd say that godaddy scored a touchdown themselves, there was no bikini models this year, not would I have objected to that. but to see bar raefeli (spl?) defile herself like that was upsetting :eek::)

I like to think that an ad has a passing connection to the product or service being offered, rather than to just titillate without actually enhancing the brand. Then again, what's that name got to do with registering and hosting domains? I say that recalling that I interviewed GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons several years back on my tech show and asked him that question. :)

I like to think that an ad has a passing connection to the product or service being offered, rather than to just titillate without actually enhancing the brand. Then again, what's that name got to do with registering and hosting domains? I say that recalling that I interviewed GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons several years back on my tech show and asked him that question. :)

He switched the subjec?

Well I , that is to say, alice missed the mvp, but so far in the post season in every game sf fell behind by 15 points or more by the half and came roaring back in the half to pull it out, baltimore on the other hand did the opposite then barely hung on both teams won or lost in the closing minutes so something had to give...the power did first, I think it was beyonce's fault...I (and alice) just felt baltimore would prevail once again. For the record even though alice didn't articulate it initially she did think the final was going to be something like 27-24 so she was close on that as well we'll just have to take her word for it )

I hope none take offense at me refering to alice in the 3rd(?) person. I have a fascination with memes and tulpa/thoughtforms and I'm confident I can tulpafy alice, I'll be sure to keep you filled in on my progress.

Back