• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This I gotta share ...

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you reading this know that in my spare time I like and enjoy writing fiction. If you didn't know that ... well now you do! I started this thing years ago, usually around one of two holidays ... Halloween or Christmas. Over time I have posted a couple of those stories up here. If I recall one was "Uncle Dave" and the other was "The Footlocker." Okay.

Now back in the early 2000 time frame I wrote a "short" titled "Night Shift" and usually I then send them out to family and friends. If I recall Night Shift this was a bit before Halloween as it was horror. One of my friends then was a writer on Star Trek- The Next Gen and after reading it she called me up and told me how much she enjoyed it. Then she said "Don, you really ought to consider expanding that into a novel." Well, I thought about it, then began some experimental writing .. then the damned thing grabbed me and I ended up on my own almost 3 year Trek! I knew one day I was in trouble when my wife Vicki came up to me (and there I was on my word processor banging away) and she said "Don, are you coming back home anytime soon?"

Well, I finally finished the novel and it was published around 2004. When the reviews started coming in they were actually very positive. And, over a couple of years I had 3 different producers approach me talking about making a film out of it .. Past Sins by the way is the title. None of them wanted to fork over any money and I was not going to allow the book to be tied up if I had nothing to show for it.

Anyway, last night right after DMR a guy sent me a note on FB and asked me if I had seen this yet. Taliesin meets the vampires: Past Sins – review I had not since it had just been posted. But! I am proud of it so I thought I would share it with you here on The Paracast. Hell, it made me feel good.

Decker

:) Nice. Sounds like a good read. Incidentally I dabble a little myself and approx 20 yrs ago even got something out with a small publisher. A few years ago I googled the title and also found a quite favourable review. So... I know how that feels.

Polterwurst, what was the title of your piece and what was it about? Novel, paper or what?

Decker

Congratulations, Don! :)

I dabbled with SciFi short stories for many years, so I know what a tough game writing is. Hang in and keep the momentum going!

Polterwurst, what was the title of your piece and what was it about? Novel, paper or what?

Thanks for asking, but it was really not much worth mentioning. Came out only in german, the title would translate to something like "The Princewrights" and it was a 200 page attempt at Terry-Pratchett-style fantasy.

That sounds like a well done literary effort, Don. A quick check shows that it is available for the Kindle and there are a positive set of reviews on the Amazon site. For years I have blown past the "Past Sins" brief ads that you have had on your site. Thank you for alerting us to your authoring skills:).

Back