• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The stick figures return.

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Aliens might not look like us!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Article HERE:
A new video of stick figure aliens has surfaced.

"To see a strikingly similar video from 2008 go HERE:
This is a complicated world, so you never know whether this is an elaborate spoof or not,
but San Diego in 2008, the Fresno in 2011? Improbable, unless the first one is real and the second a coast [sic]."

Interesting, but let's get some opinions...
Someone should ask Ray... :)

Anyone remember the Jim Henson movie "The Dark Crystal"? At one point in the story our heroes ride on the backs of these sort of rabbit-giraffe things, which are unfortunately the most obviously puppet-y puppets in the whole film. Basically it's just a guy on stilts, both for hands and feet, covered in a burlap sack with an akward rabbit mask on his face.

These videos remind me of that. Akward and obviously puppet-y.

All I could think of was this as I watched the video:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NA90IlymdZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you look at that companion vid i posted around the 1:23 mark, you can see the larger one isnt much taller than a kids stroller.
The person researching it does a few things with the film which dont show any strings either.

very strange stuff.

What I find interesting is how his framing of the kid’s stroller is identical to the “Alien” footage framing? Fake give away?

It looks to me like hes gone out to the site and filmed the stroller etc in the same frame and from same distance as the original camera, so's to be able to superimpose the two for comparison.
I dont know if its fake or not, but the framing of the stroller etc doesnt raise any red flag for me.

He actually says he took a picture as close to the original security camera as he could get with the stroller in the frame.

He estimates using this that the tall one is 36 inch's tall while the short one is only a foot and a half tall.

Honest question here at first: Chris, didn't you experience some 'things' you likened to stick figures /without depth in one of your earlier interviews with the paracast that happened in your childhood ?

From Mikes posted video, It sure looks creepy, as does the spider walk in the 'exorcist' though. Odd movement patterns (aka not 'humanlike' or of any other known life form not to harm us) seem to strike a deep cord with us, guess thats evolution. Fight or flight.

The music in the video sure doesn't help either(raises a huge red flag for me assuming thats the original uploaded video though).

Honest question here at first: Chris, didn't you experience some 'things' you likened to stick figures /without depth in one of your earlier interviews with the paracast that happened in your childhood ?

From Mikes posted video, It sure looks creepy, as does the spider walk in the 'exorcist' though. Odd movement patterns (aka not 'humanlike' or of any other known life form not to harm us) seem to strike a deep cord with us, guess thats evolution. Fight nor flight.

The music in the video sure doesn't help either(raises a huge red flag for me assuming thats the original uploaded video though).

The orignal has no sound, he states he added sound to his companion video so it wouldnt be a silent video.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Seriously take a look at the video and look only at the back walker. Now imagine that you are watching someone walk backwards (and can only see from the waist down).
It is pretty obvious (at least it seems so to me).

I believe that that the foreground figure is using stilts or something like that but doing the same thing.

It would be trivial to erase the tops.

Lance

If his height estimates are correct though we are talking a todler/child walking backwards, not impossible i agree, but then again it may be footage run in reverse. but the timer is running forwards. I suppose you could run one tape backwards while recording on another with a timer. this would create the effect

The second video is made by the guy researching the matter, the original footage comes from a retired couple who had had problems with thefts in their yard during the night, the background story is that they installed this security camera and this showed up at 2:17 in the morning.

Heres a team who try and recreate the first event back in 2008

They use a child to try and simulate the effect, doesnt work.
They try a puppet....and their puppet doesnt simulate it either

pt 2 and 3

This.
The feet are the same and it looks like they are wearing baggy suits or even parachute gear etc.. This doesn't mean I'm correct It's just what I think, as well as that the music in the second video They seem to dance too.

Back