• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Secrets of Schröteri Crater

Ana,
I'm thinking the Japan Selene missions could. India's machine photographed the tracks of Apollo 15's rover didn't it?

Did it?

Because I'd like to see the pictures if it did. I keep on top of this stuff and the only images of Apollo landers have come from American space probes. The Japanese and Indians might have photographed the area, but you won't see any Apollo lander in that image data.

I know the odds are way against it happening like this, but couldn't it be debris from some rocket body or probe that came in and crashed at an oblique angle and rolled across the surface?
I realize probes and space debris are normaly moving at speeds fast enough to disintegrate on impact, but maybe this was a one in a trillion event.
I know I'm grasping at straws here, but for reasons already stated in other posts I can't beleive any space age nation would keep this secret if it's their probe, ..even if it's a failure.
And I can't speculate on possible alien origins, there's just not enough information.
I guess we can find out when we go back to the moon. But at this rate, that could be a hundred years or more.

I agree that we should not discount anything. Let's consider all of the options. It is only right in our investigation of the anomaly.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Ana,
I'm thinking the Japan Selene missions could. India's machine photographed the tracks of Apollo 15's rover didn't it?

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is the best camera to ever orbit the moon. The same camera is on the MRO if I am correct. And LRO did, in fact, photograph all of the Apollo landing sights and is able to show us the very footprints of the astronauts.

One last thing.... I saw it mentioned that the Apollo Saturn V may have launched unmanned stuff.....
Nah! Nyet! No! The only thing the Saturn V ever launched other than test ships that returned to Earth in a few hours.... that would be Apollo 4 and 6, was Skylab in 1973. Saturn 5 was NEVER used for anything else than manned moon missions.

The Apollo landers are not visible in any of the Indian images.

Post a picture of an apollo lander taken from an Indian probe.

Back