• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The One-and-Only Colin Andrews Will Be Our Guest…Questions?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Finally, the Paracast will have special guest Colin Andrews visit the show. It has taken over a year to grab him from his busy schedule, and we will be taping on November 7th. Colin pioneered the subject of crop-circle investigation 30 years ago and is considered the world's top authority on this controversial subject. Please post your questions here.

Colin Andrews, electrical engineer by profession, is the man who coined the term ‘Crop Circle’. Among his many accomplishments: he started the first research organization, Circles Phenomenon Research (CPR); designed high-tech surveillance operations attempting to film a circle being made; and advised Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s cabinet and Queen Elizabeth on the mysterious phenomenon.

He compiled the largest data base in the world on the subject. Colin has written numerous books including the classic Circular Evidence (1989) with co-author Pat Delgado, chosen by the Queen for her prestigious Summer Reading List.

He is frequently highlighted in documentaries on the subject and was a consultant with the Mel Gibson movie Signs. His most recent books include The Complete Idiots Guide to 2012 and The Complete Idiots Guide to the Akashic Record written with his wife, Dr. Synthia Andrews. His most recent book is On the Edge of Reality: Hidden Technology, Powers of the Mind, Quantum Physics, Paranormal Phenomena, Orbs, UFOs, Harmonic Transmissions, and Crop Circles, co-written with Dr. Synthia Andrews

See more at: Colin Andrews Official Web Site. Crop Circles, UFO, Consciousness

Has there ever been any other near contact cases similar to the 7th July 2009,Silbury Hill sighting, when an off duty police officer encounterd 3 tall beings in a crop circle?

Last edited:
Well, what to ask this Man that hasn't already been asked really. 'Crop Circles'... which one of those in the past few years do you consider genuine.. ?

Colin ,
Do you have any stories of crop circles near Nuclear power stations and did you get any scientific analyze of crops from these cases and what were the results. Also any strange stories of farm animals mutations prior to the crop circles are created ? Also stories about crop circles and missing time of individual or groups once entering the formations? Furthermore, any reports of Triangle craft prior to these formations or reports of EMPs bursts?

Last edited:
There seems to be no mention these days of what were once called burn circles, circular areas in a field that are not merely flattened, but burned down to the ground into a black ash, and associated with UFO landings.

Q. Are burn circles still happening but not being reported? If so when was the last one?

Q. In your opinion, is the same phenomenon that is responsible for crop circles also the cause of burn circles?

Q. It is conceivable that human technology could create complex crop circles in a short amount of time and account for the signs of heating. Do you rule out humans as a cause anyway? If so, why?

There seems to be no mention these days of what were once called burn circles, circular areas in a field that are not merely flattened, but burned down to the ground into a black ash, and associated with UFO landings.

Q. Are burn circles still happening but not being reported? If so when was the last one?

Q. In your opinion, is the same phenomenon that is responsible for crop circles also the cause of burn circles?

Q. It is conceivable that human technology could create complex crop circles in a short amount of time and account for the signs of heating. Do you rule out humans as a cause anyway? If so, why?

Oooohhhh...good ones !!!

Dear Gene and Chris please could you ask Mr Andrews:

How much does preconception play a role in the power of a crop circle?
More specifically: I have read about examples of man made crop circles sharing some of the same properties with more mysterious ones.
Does he think that there is some kind of "tricksterish" force that subconsciously compels hoaxers to make crop circles?

Also does he see any parallels between the Nazca lines and crop circles, i.e does he think that they are a way of communicating with those allegedly looking down on earth? as they (Nazca lines and crop circles) are best viewed from above?

Thank you.

1. What is your opinion on the crop circle that was supposedly a response to a message we sent (via probe or radio waves, not sure which)? It's the crop circle that showed an alien face, the population of their planets and the layout of the aliens' solar system (among other things).

2. Do you believe crop circles are created by extra-terrestrials or are they the result of some non-ET paranormal event? The latter would explain the strange sensations people have felt when walking around a crop circle.

3. What do you believe are those little round objects caught on video flying within crop circles?

4. Approximately what percentage of crop circles are of non-human intelligent design?

5. Have the number of crop circles increased in recent years or there a relatively constant number of crop circles each year?

6. Has there been any scientific progress made in identifying the cause of crop circles (e.g. have certain theories been ruled out)?

7. Do you know of any technologies developed by humans that have the potential to create crop circles?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Last edited:
The 'psychic' Robbert from Holland - what is your opinion on his claims, such as taking photos that develop with figures etc not present, such as the German soldier?

Has there been any research done on the sound the BBC recorded in a field with a formation - I have heard that Steven Greer uses a copy of the recording to try to attract UFOs during his CSETI contact field trips?

Do you think there is a solid connection between the UFO enigma and crop formations?

What was the single most interesting crop formation you ever investigated and why?

What argument(s) do you use to counter skeptics who claim all crop formations are the work of teams of circle-makers?

A question:

Why is it any less interesting if, in fact, these circles are human-made? They're still sort of paranormal, with a bunch of misfits making beautifully impossible art and magic in a field. Something very interesting must motivate them. And their works enrapture us, regardless. Credit where credit is due, I suppose I'm trying to say. Perhaps a special, paranormal drive inspires the human circle makers. (I'm not saying they're all human-made, mind you... how on earth could I know?)

Cheers to Mr. Andrews, I really enjoyed "Circular Evidence" many years ago. He seems like a chap who'd be fun to meet at a great British pub.

p/s I suppose I mean: Perhaps there's a motivation among the human crop-circle-makers which might link to the megalithic stone circle-makers of several thousand years ago, perhaps the same trip of trying to inspire and create the divine? (Half-baked thought, but worth a shot, maybe...)

Wow !

Gene, Chris you'll need at least 2 shows :) !

What boggles the mind, especially for the complex patterns, is the insane time, motivation and energy requirements for human(s) to produce them and the fact(?) that they appear overnight. Have estimations ever been calculated as to how much time they would require to build ? And do we have the technology to reproduce the special bending effect on the vegetation ?

Wow !

Gene, Chris you'll need at least 2 shows :) !

What boggles the mind, especially for the complex patterns, is the insane time, motivation and energy requirements for human(s) to produce them and the fact(?) that they appear overnight. Have estimations ever been calculated as to how much time they would require to build ? And do we have the technology to reproduce the special bending effect on the vegetation ?

This week genen'chris bring you a very special E-X-P-A-N-D-E-D edition of the Paracast featuring Colin Andrews :cool:

Perhaps GCN can cut back Alex Jones time slot this week

1. In thinking about the elaborate nature of human made crop circles, who have tools and detailed design plans, how would you differentiate them and their products from graffiti artists, who also carefully plan and design significant, public artistic works, for many to see, that are powerful political, social and spiritual communicative creations?

2. In thinking about the purpose of what you describe as the 20% of non-human made crop circles, what features do these have in common and how are they being used to communicate to us? What exactly are these patterns supposed to be saying?

3. Why are crop circles being used as a methodology to communicate to us when they appear to have the attention of only a very small portion of the world's population as opposed to more dramatic events such as extreme weather, earthquakes, viral disease or why not just give everyone on earth the same dream?

Last edited:
Crop circle designs are often referred to as having very complex mathematical properties. Has there ever been any attempt to place all of these properties into a computer and see what comes out?

Questions for Colin Andrews:

1. Have you explored crop circles around the world? We seem to hear lots of stories of crop circles in the US/UK but very little of any in places like China, Russia, Latin America, Australia, Japan etc. Are the crop circles in those countries similar or identical to American/British designs, or are they different, and if so in what way?

2. Who or what is responsible for the roughly 20% of crop circles that are not man-made?

3. Are any government agencies behind any of the crop circle designs, and if so, for what purpose?

4. Is there any actual connection between UFO sightings and crop circles?

5. Of all the crop circles that you've studied, which one did you find the most compelling, and for what reasons?

6. Are governments around the world purposely trying to cover up the crop circle phenomenon? What reason would they have for doing so?

Many thanks.

Here, I thought the whole crop circle mystery was solved when "Doug and Dave" admitted to creating the formations. I'm being sarcastic, as I've never given any credit to the idea that humans were responsible for ALL these formations. I did notice alot of public disinterest after the media took these two guys seriously.

Collin,

The evidence presented by well known and convicted crop circle maker Matthew Williams indicates that the likelihood of all complex crop circles ( as opposed to simple "saucer nests") being man-made is very great. That is to say, if there is a geometric pattern present in the formation, it was most likely made by a human being using rollers or boards, ropes, poles, and other simple apparatus and carries the marks of that type of creation. Williams has several videos available that highlight the "tells" in the formation that indicate how they are made. I understand that you have seen circles created while you watched and are well aware of these things yourself.

Given that you've already conceded that 80% of complex crop circles are man-made, what is preventing you from acknowledging what many of us who have taken what the "crop circle makers" are saying over what the "crop circle researchers" say, already know? Namely, "If it looks like a design created with a "Spirograph", that is to say a complex crop circle consisting of geometric patterns, a human made it.

Would you not agree that the most commonly used excuse for believing in non-human created crop circles, "It is too complex for humans to make." is unsupportable and borders on a religious belief in the face of the absolute undeniable fact that humans routinely create complex musical symphonies and produce magnificent works of engineering and art on a daily basis? Also, as you have witnessed yourself, complex crop circles have been demonstrated to be made in relative darkness using simple tools and a plan.

Would you agree that the crop circle phenomena and community are driven by deceit at a very fundamental level? The reason for this being pretty transparent. That is to say the truth, that complex crop circles are human art, just isn't as awe-inspiring or lucrative as promoting them as mysterious and unexplainable?

The only mystery that remains in crop circles is the mystery of why people continue to deny the obvious facts about them the chief of which it that they are human artworks. All we have to do is listen to the artists and they will explain the whole process from idea to trampled crop.

Last edited:
Chris and Gene, I can honestly say that I'm not leaning towards crop circles being produced my man or other beings, either way the designs that are made are incredible. My question for Mr Colin is has there been any direct correlation or connection found from the actual designs themselves to say an ancient text or manuscript lettering like in a biblical manuscript or the Voynich manuscript?

Back