• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The number 37

dyingsun

Paranormal Adept
Has anyone else had any recent or not so-recent 'pseudo-synchronicity' (to label it somewhat) experiences with that specific number ? Seems I don't get the ever popular 11:11, but instead this, for a few years now.Except the usual esoteric explanations, I'm still at a loss with that one.

Just wondering here (googled it of course).

It sure is a prime number, and it seems to follow me. Not in a good or bad way, it just seems to linger around and seems to scream 'hey, look at me!' in odd situations and places.

Would I be too obtrusive if i asked in which ways the number has manifested itself to you ? Synchronicity and coincidences play a pretty big part in my life, strangely enough though I've never had that 11:11 or 3:33 (which I believe is another one) experience if 37 is popping up I sure haven't noticed it and I notice a lot of reoccurring events in my life. I think I saw elsewhere that lucy jones is an upcoming guest on the paracast, if it's not too late i'd suggest posting a question for her as she has written about this type of phenomena.

At the beginning, mainly looking at the clock at odd intervals (yep, Brain functions, repetitiveness, etc. I get those explanations. and would scratch mine up to that normally) .

Yet, it keeps coming back. I'm somewhat involved into the more chaotic kind of magic, all but silence.

Whatever labels one wants to stamp on this type on this phenomena you have to admit it's pretty frickin cool when it happens.

About 3 years ago I started actively recording my dreams it got to the point where I didn't have to have a pen and pad at my side, my dream recall is now, for the most point, exceptional, I mention this because at the same time I started doing this the number of SE skyrocketed and they do seem to coincide with my dream recall, i.e. the extent to which I remember my dreams has a relationship with the number of SE I recall.

Because of this I very much look forward to going to bed whereas I used to have very restless sleep.

P.S. Just as I finished writing this a story came on npr about the "dream act" as usual I will chalk this up to an SE.

I haven't had one with the number 37, but I used to have a grunge rock band called 9 Daze ( now someone else is using that name ), and for a long time we'd notice the phrase "9 days" in the news or in conversation. Maybe it's like when you get a new car, suddenly you start noticing how many other people are driving the same model. Anyway, just for the heck of it I bought a lottery ticket today with the numbers 9 37 39 and 73.

the things is, i've always thought that these synchronisitc events were pretty much personal events, one man's synchronicity is another man's coincidence, so that the whole 11:11/3:33 "mass synchronistic event" thing has not only alluded me, it made me look deeper and deeper into what constitutes a synchronisitc experience (outside the wikipedia explanation) and have read jung's work (well, tried to), arthur koestler's "the roots of coincidence"...by the way it is this work that influenced sting to name the police's "synchronicty" album, allan combs "science, myth and the trickster" wolfgang pauli (who influenced jung into looking into the phenomena) and more recently kirby surprise"s...yes, you read that right...Synchronicity: The Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind "

I experience about 3 of these coincidences on pretty much a daily basis, usually what i call a "two level" event, i guess technically this isn't a true synchronistic experience, rather just plain coincidences but when you experience 3 or 4 a day, you take notice. there are times though where in lieu of that i expereince a "true" SE in that it is a meme ( to use a modern concept) that replicates itself multiple times in some fashion within a set period. What that period should be defined as is again, probably a personal thing, i know of no known parameters for it, but several years ago i experienced a SE involving a praying mantis that replicated itself in one form or another 7 times in as many days, it was quite a streak and to this day i find myself wishing that something like that would happen to me again, why i don't know, there was no real gain from it except that in a way it got me acquaninted with chris's "trickster" book and re-ignited my interest in paranormal events...which i always kind of flirted with, it sure was an eye opening series of events, i can really relate to chris and his Yellow Helicopter..because as i followed a path that i felt had been laid out for me to follow, i soon learned that synchronistic events is also associated with ufo's and mothman, which sort of explained my interest in chris's tricksters books because :

a. i too, felt that there could be some type of unifying principal to explained all this phenomena and because :

b. allan comb spoke of the trickster in his book and it is this book that i came across that made up one of the praying mantis synchronistic events that i mentoned above

if this is something that intrests people may i suggest, synchrosecrets | synchronicity or meaningful coincidence
hidden experience
67 Not Out

try experimenting with placing the chosen number. i started sticking around the number 23 about 20 years ago after reading RAW. that was probably the worst number to experiment with.:(

try experimenting with placing the chosen number. i started sticking around the number 23 about 20 years ago after reading RAW. that was probably the worst number to experiment with.:(

I am interested in this stuff although I've done no reading. Nameless - what do you mean by 'placing the chosen number' ?

rather than waiting for synchronistic occurences, try propogating them yourself and see what happens. If you think, coincidence or otherwise that the number 37 is "communicating", in the sense that it forms a distinct symbol within the context of your own personal narrative that manifests itself with meaning for want of a better explaination , try swapping roles. See what happens when your the "thing" that creates the number 37 everywhere. Keep a diary. If nothing happens, then so be it. Put the number on stickers and stick them around, write it on paper, on tables, walls, books, menus, train tickets, bus stops, on your skin etc....

If you do do this. Start with a day one entry in the diary and a clearly underlined "start of the experiment" and then when you do if for a week or month do an "end of experiment" page. You need to be able to turn this off in your head. Otherwise you will be bloody seeing numbers everywhere and it will do your head in.

Kirby Surprise touches on this issue (creating synchronicites) in his book, Synchronicity: The Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind

I myself only tried this once and it worked but I was on such a roll at the time I don't see how I could have NOT pulled it off. Personally, It seems a strange concept to me but if I'm open to such concepts as tulpas and using ouija boards to opening portals then this shouldn't be such a big leap in faith I suppose.

Back