• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Man Christ Jesus OR Anti-Christ

R

Recon

What is your take on this man in Puerto Rico calling himseldf de Jesus who claims he is the second coming of jesus. He has thousands of followers and is making loads of money. Claims that there is not such thing as sin and that satan does not exist. His followers get 666 tattooed on themselves.

"Over the past year, de Jesus has encouraged his followers to protest the alleged lies of other churches. In response, supporters have picketed Catholic congregations and burned religious materials, including crucifixes. "Our purpose is to open up people's minds," says de Jesus' right-hand man, Carlos Cestero, who says that the group rejects violence. Jesus wouldn't have it any other way-the question is whether de Jesus feels the same."

here are some articles:

here are some videos:

do u think this guy is dangerous?

The former heroin addict who makes a lot of money off people's stupidity? I'm familiar with him. I nearly barf when watching him.

I don't see him so much as a danger as I do an un funny arrogant joke.

I don't believe for a second that this De Jesus guy believes what he's talking about. It's a scam, a deliberate joke cult. It's like he took the exact opposite of the most central Biblical dogma and wanted to see if people would buy it if the put it under the name of the Christian God. And to top it off he decided to say "I'm God btw".

Funniest crap since L. Ron Hubbard..

It's as if they deliberately made up the most ridiculous idea for religion they could possibly come up with..
They perpetrate this huge running gag on humanity and profit from it..
The darker side of me asks:
"Should they even feel guilty? lol.. What's so wrong with preying on people this dumb?" L. Ron Hubbard and De Jesus cults makes the Billy Meier cult look violently sane..

Recon said:
What is your take on this man in Puerto Rico calling himseldf de Jesus who claims he is the second coming of jesus. He has thousands of followers and is making loads of money. Claims that there is not such thing as sin and that satan does not exist. His followers get 666 tattooed on themselves.

do u think this guy is dangerous?

That is all he is trying to do, and being successfull at it! i would have to do a bit more of a look into it but at the moment id say he isnt really 'dangerous'

He's not dangerous at all, he's simply following tradition.

I don't much like what he says but I don't see much difference between him and the way most Western religious founders are portrayed. He's the leader of a small cult and many here in the west just happen to be members of big cults. The bigger a cult is, the more accepted it is. He just has to make his cult bigger. :eek:

I was really surprised to hear what that Roman Catholic priest said in the video link:

"I think any group whose leader says "I am God and you have to listen to me and follow me because I am God", that group is very dangerous for our society."

I think he meant that it is ok for Jesus to say it and his group is not dangerous, just any other groups.:rolleyes:

Wow, that is as whacky as it gets. Anybody who spent more than 5 seconds on reading the gospels wouldn't want anything to do with this guy. And he has 666 tattooed on his forearm? Don't tell Britney about it...

But it shows how easy it still is to convince large numbers of people of almost anything, regardless of how counterintuitive and factually wrong it might be - as long as one has access to broadcast media, and sticks to repeating the same message, over and over again. Pretty frightening.

Back