• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The "Haunted Pots" Incident

MVoltage

Skilled Investigator
I thought it was time to post about the haunted pots that I have, and to see if anyone else has had experiences of haunted objects, and hopefully to find out what they were.
I bought a pair of antique jugs from a charity shop here in the UK, and put them on display in my kitchen...Very nice they looked too. My wife and I have a dog and he was less than 1 year old at the time. He slept at night in the dining room that ajoined the kitchen. We put him to bed and then went to bed ourselves. Within about 30 minutes of us switching off the light the dog started to bark and howl and complain in a most distressed fashion. we tried to ignore it because we thought he was just acting as puppies often do at that age. Eventually it became too much so we went downstairs to see what his problem was. As soon as we opened the dining room door the dog ran out clearly terrified. So much so he tried to climb into my wife's arms. I had never seen him so scared. I walked into the dining room and immediately (look I know this is a cliche) the hairs on the back of my neck went up and I could just sense the presence of something. Something juast wasn't right. The only thing that had changed was the presence of the 2 jugs. I promptly removed them from the room...I think they spent the night at the bottom of the garden. We returned the dog to his bed and he was quiet the whole night. Those pots lived in a few parts of the house. They were for a time in the entrance hallway, and there would be all sorts of thumps and crashes coming from that area at night, (and no it wasn't some wierd burgular that only robs entrance hallways). They lived in the downstairs loo for a while as well, and theat room went from being a warm room to a fridge overnight.
I still have the pots (they are in the back of one of my cars) and they still create an odd sensation from time to time if I am near them.
I know that they are haunted....but I really do not get the sense that who or what is doing the haunting is actually very nice.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I am going to get rid of them. Part of me wants to sell them, part wants to give them away, and part of me wants to break them up and put them in the bin.

yup, a book on real exorcisms, written by a jesuit priest. had no problem reading the exorcist, laughed my way through the movie, but that book? couldn't get past the first couple of pages without feeling creeped out, and nothing was actually happening at that point of the book, yet!
felt really great when I threw it in the trash.

Back