• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Food Thread

henris42

Paranormal Maven
I've noticed that the discussion often touches food, so lets have a food thread in here.

I'm myself, when writing this, in a process of finding my middle-aged food allergies. There are later ones, like wheat. Definitely a product of our modern society in a way or another.

My next task is to find a way to make a pizza dough without wheat. I'm not however glutein-intolerant, and that makes options available at shops non-optimal at least.

FYI: I don't manage chocolate as well as I used to. Of course nowadays I just want to stay skinny, so I sort of watch my diet.

To add the controversy, I'm planning to try to make some blini. Its a russian pancake made from buckwheat. I don't know if there is an ukranian version of it... Point is that its a pancake with no wheat...

Finding food allergies can be a real challenge, especially with all the modern ingredients. I feel your pain on the wheat front. If you're up for a pizza adventure, why not try a wheat-free alternative like almond flour or even cauliflower crust?

Finding food allergies can be a real challenge, especially with all the modern ingredients. I feel your pain on the wheat front. If you're up for a pizza adventure, why not try a wheat-free alternative like almond flour or even cauliflower crust?
They're not just for gluten-intolerant folks, and they can taste pretty darn good!
Speaking of eating healthy, you might want to experiment with barley powder in your meals. It's a solid addition for boosting nutrition without going all-in on ads. So, keep exploring those tasty options.

I lately got myself a little German flour mill, so I can start investigating making wheatless pizza, or maybe cookies.. Good texture needs gluten though, so I'm planning to add it when making dough - but the setup is nice for investigating everything!

Back