• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Encounters museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

WillVicious

Paranormal Novice
So, the family and I took a trip down to Myrtle Beach for a last hoorah before the school year kicked off again. On the way out I decided that I really really really had to visit this place...I was pretty disappointed. It's small, most of the exhibits are movie props or shabby replicas. There are a good number of informational canvases on the walls detailing crash reports, sighting reports, encounters, etc....but if you have read up on the field the titles of them tell you all you need to know. I didn't learn anything from them, it was more like a check list of all the events mentioned on The Paracast. They also have a few TVs showing interviews with various people...some I would call good investigators, some not so much. And since it is a self-guided tour they give you a hand-held device like a remote control, when you come to exhibits you want info on, you type in a number and the thing gives you a little speech about it. Oh, and a gift shop.

Basically, the run down is this...if you are informed on the subject, you won't learn anything. If you have a passing interest and have the time to read and listen to everything you might have a good time. On the other hand, if you are very skeptical, there is nothing here that will change your mind.

Just my two cents about it.

Back