• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Dyatlov Pass incident.

thefoundryman

chrono-synclastically infundibulated
I pulled this Incredible article down from the ol' Fortean Times website. A very thorough article, after the first paragraph I just couldn't put it down.
This incident happened 60 years ago this week. 9 hikers found dead in a remote Soviet pass, one with a fractured skull, one with burned hands, and another missing her tongue.
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the-dyatlov-pass-incident.html

Anyone care to guess as to what it was?

Is there a copy of the original Russian document? I would like very much to read the original documents.

I pulled this Incredible article down from the ol' Fortean Times website. A very thorough article, after the first paragraph I just couldn't put it down.
This incident happened 60 years ago this week. 9 hikers found dead in a remote Soviet pass, one with a fractured skull, one with burned hands, and another missing her tongue.
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the-dyatlov-pass-incident.html

Anyone care to guess as to what it was?

check out the Paul Stonehill thread, there was a bit of discussion there.:)

If I had to make a guess, I'd say something military went awry. Perhaps the bodies were mutilated to try to make it look as if Dyatlov and his friends were killed by some freaky phenomenon or other. Then again, maybe not ...

If I had to make a guess, I'd say something military went awry. Perhaps the bodies were mutilated to try to make it look as if Dyatlov and his friends were killed by some freaky phenomenon or other. Then again, maybe not ...

Certainly smells like a military cover-up based on the four bodies dumped into a crevice, and buried under 4m of snow, the scrap metal debris perhaps testing some covert technology but what would you have to witness that would require your death? What is that secret? Every SINGLE theory on this just doesn't add up. It has to be a convoluted explanation.

The girl found without a tongue, was it severed, bitten off, hijacked, what?

they were overdue on the 12th February, and not found until the 26th. The final four? were found away from the first group. After at least 2 weeks laying around in the brush, the fact that one of the bodies was missing a tongue is not at all suspicious.

use the principle of occam's razor here to find the parts of the story that cannot be explained by something simple. the radiation is the most unusual aspect of the event, non? sidetracking on something that can be explained by animal behaviour takes away from checking into the most puzzling parts of the incident.

that's my opinion, anyway.

they were overdue on the 12th February, and not found until the 26th. The final four? were found away from the first group. After at least 2 weeks laying around in the brush, the fact that one of the bodies was missing a tongue is not at all suspicious.

use the principle of occam's razor here to find the parts of the story that cannot be explained by something simple. the radiation is the most unusual aspect of the event, non? sidetracking on something that can be explained by animal behaviour takes away from checking into the most puzzling parts of the incident.

that's my opinion, anyway.

Good opinion, I agree, but animals it is not. They don't like to eat RADIOACTIVE things. They often go into a state of low activity when it's -30C , because ingestion, digestion, and excretion on top of actively searching for food= death.
or else they hibernate.
Further more, I might add that you have a very gnarly beard, perhaps you should take your own advice and use the Ol' Occam Razor yourself. That's my opinion anyway.

Back